Why does Suraj call his mom Bhabho ?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

mitthoo

IF-Dazzler

mitthoo

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Hiya all Big smile

I just started watching this show...mostly because of Suraj and Chhotu. It  will take me some time to get involved in the story.. Right now.. I mostly focus on Suraj scenes..and its kinda nice that he gets so much screen time Smile

. but had few questions

1. Why does Suraj call his mom Bhabho ? 
  2. What does Suraj's father do ?
  3. Why does Sandhya walk and act like a zombie ?  I get that she is in a shock... but does she literally have to act with the vacant expressions ? (sorry ..maybe I need to catch up..but one of the reasons its taking me time to get involved is..because of her weak acting...rest of the cast is still fine)
  4. How come Bhabo could  raise a wonderful son like Suraj..while rest of her kids are...quite worthless and ready to con anyone ? rest of siblings have no sense of right and wrong .. Were they raised by neighbors ?  or Daisa ? LOL
  5. How come Chaturi and Chhotu have more sense in their head than Suraj's siblings ?

Edited by asr4ever - 10 December 2011 at 1:52pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Jkamransweet7863larimel22b2011

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why does Suraj call his mom Bhabho ?" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by asr4ever

Hiya all Big smile

I just started watching this show...mostly because of Suraj and Chhotu. It  will take me some time to get involved in the story.. Right now.. I mostly focus on Suraj scenes..and its kinda nice that he gets so much screen time Smile

. but had few questions

Why does Suraj call his mom Bhabho ? 
    What does Suraj's father do ? Why does Sandhya walk and act like a zombie ?  I get that she is in a shock... but does she literally have to act with the vacant expressions ? (sorry ..maybe I need to catch up..but one of the reasons its taking me time to get involved is..because of her weak acting...rest of the cast is still fine)
    How come Bhabo could  raise a wonderful son like Suraj..while rest of her kids are...quite worthless and ready to con anyone ? rest of siblings have no sense of right and wrong .. Were they raised by neighbors ?  or Daisa ? LOL
  1. How come Chaturi and Chhotu have more sense in their head than Suraj's siblings ?

I'm sure other forum members can provide you with better answers, but I'm going to give it a try.

1.     Bhabo seems to mean mother in their local language.  Suraj and all his siblings call their mother Bhabo or Bhabo sa.  And their father Baba sa.  You'll note that Bhabo's friends and husband call her Santosh or Santuri (like a nickname based on her real name).

2.    Nowadays Suraj's father spends his time at the local Pan stall or snack stall LOL.  There was a time when he ran their sweet shop.  I think it was after he was nearly beaten to death for not voting for a particular party's candidate, that he stopped working altogether.  Suraj was in the 9th grade and being the eldest had to abandon his studies and take over the shop as sole bread  winner for his family.  

3.    I've been critical of Sandhya in the past too.  But we have to understand that she was in a state of extreme shock.  She lost both of her parents and was married off all in a span of 15 days.  Plus she comes from a background of people who value education most highly.  It had been ingrained in her from childhood that education was everything and that she would become an IPS officer.

She loses her parents who were her biggest support.  Her brother who she thought would be her support dumps her in a marriage because he wants to fulfill his dream.  On top of that she finds out she's married to a 9th grade pass halvahi, whose family appears to be a bunch of gawars who treat bahus like dirt.  Forget about fulfilling her dream.

Give Sandhya some time, as she makes more effort  to adjust to her new life, you'll begin to like her more too. Smile

4.   There is undoubtedly a strong bond between Bhabo and Suraj that no one else seems to share.  It may be because he is the eldest or first born.  Having said that, I think it was more circumstances that made Suraj what he is as opposed to the way Bhabo raised him.  He had a lot of responsibilities laid on his shoulders at an early age.  As a result he grew up faster and with a different outlook on life than his siblings.  The rest of his siblings are a bit spoiled, ironically by Suraj himself.  He has always given them everything.  If Chavi wanted a pricey handbag, Suraj would buy it.  If Mohit needs money for college Suraj gives it to him.  Even Vikram's shop was set up by Suraj.  And Suraj does this so selflessly, that his siblings never think of giving anything back to him.  They've never contributed to the household in a constructive manner.  Bhabo's wields a sharp tongue, but unfortunately they've all become so set in their ways, it doesn't do much.

The only time you really see the entire family even Meenakshi come together is when a response needs to be given to Daisa's nosey interference.  I guess eventually Sandhya will be the one to bring about a change in this family and their thinking. 

5.   Chaturi and Chotu are like extended family to the Rathi parivaar.  They've grown up with this family and know the fake dramas all the members perform day in and day out.  Like when Vikram and Meena fight, and Vikram even hits Meena, Chaturi is like Hmpf!  I've seen this natak before.  Like Bhabo, they understand each family member's character very well and thus are less fooled by their antics.  Both know that Suraj has a heart of gold, and therefore both dote on him, and both have high hopes on Sandhya to make him happy.

I hope that helps.  I almost gave up on this drama like 3 times, but held on because Suraj was sweet enough to give you diabetes. LOL  I'm so glad I didn't quit.

If you aren't up to date on all of the episodes, I strongly urge you to give the drama a chance until you catch up...I believe it will be worth it. Tongue

Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 December 2011 at 2:25am

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

bodduJkamranice_princessssprsdurmimalasjnpsana24anuamuVancouveriteavanka12larimel22b2011-mina-amalazizKaJenroxxhamzanuhamitthooarshi_karish0-SD-0M1s5_5unsh1n3sita11

mitthoo

IF-Dazzler

mitthoo

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Thanks so much @ummesulaiman  Smile  really appreciated your responses..

I am already quite impressed with Suraj ( both the character and the actor who plays it ).  He is compassionate, kind.. sweet...and quite easy on the eyes.  Anas is doing wonderful and he is basically the one that got me even watching the show.. ..

Another character I like is Bhabho..and Meena is actually quite an actress.. Though she is evil..but she is most fun watch...

As long as they contiune giving Suraj and Chhotu some screen time..I will plan to watch.

On Sandhya..it may take longer to warm up to her as an actress.. but I will try .. Smile  she looks pretty enough but she doesn't give quite the right expressions.. she just needs to work on her expressions and walk a bit more.. I get that she in shock etc..but she can convey that a bit better..Smile 

I am sure.. with good direction...and working with fine actors like Bhabo, Suraj ..she will pick up some acting...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

larimel22b2011ummesulaiman

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 11 December 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=asr4ever]Hiya all Big smile

1. Why does Sandhya walk and act like a zombie ?  I get that she is in a shock... but does she literally have to act with the vacant expressions ? (sorry ..maybe I need to catch up..but one of the reasons its taking me time to get involved is..because of her weak acting...rest of the cast is still fine)
  2. How come Bhabo could  raise a wonderful son like Suraj..while rest of her kids are...quite worthless and ready to con anyone ? rest of siblings have no sense of right and wrong .. Were they raised by neighbors ?  or Daisa ? LOL
  3. How come Chaturi and Chhotu have more sense in their head than Suraj's siblings ?

/QUOTE]

funny things you ask LOL

initially I too thought  Deepika's acting is bad and really gives zombie like expressions. But off late, now i am not sure of that. the character of Sandhya is something like that. Either she is forceful or indifferent. She either cares or just doesn't care. And wherever she cares, she comes forth with life. Whatever she doesn"t care she gives a heck about it. the zombie like act comes up when she starts dragging herself into the role-play of the daughter-in-law. she has resigned to Bhabho when Bhabho put through the ordeal of taking her case as a complaint with her brother. She realized at that point, that it is not Bhabho's fault when everything to be blamed falls upon her brother, whom Bhabho is trying to make him as a the diplomat in taking care of the situation.

with her husband, Sandhya is always on defensive mode with all her senses awakened. She always feels threatened because of the unwanted close bonding that relationship calls for. She doesn't want to bond and so forcefully keeps him away from her and rest of the time is cold shouldering just keeping basic manners. It is now only because of Suraj that nowadays she is helpless and has to accept that he is very good person and actually feeling a little bad about her response to him. but again she is also being true to herself in not allowing herself to totally fall into the wife role play trap.

Sandhya comes out alive best when with Chotu and Chaturi. she just needs her space and away from all this role play.

and yes, about Bhabho's other kids, it everyone's question in this forumWink 

the story writers are actually making them dark characters else there will be no episodic story each week. kisse nahin honge, kaand nahin honge and aur phir suraj and sandhya ki story aage kaise badegi ?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ruby13larimel22b2011mitthoo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top