Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Why do we look down upon "ghar jamai"? (Page 5)

...M... IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

No harm living with in-laws as long as the couple is pulling their own weight and providing for their own food and shelter. Living with parents for a marride couple is unacceptable - weather with husband's or wife's parents - if the parents are still providing for either  or both of them.
People ought to be productive before they can be re-productive.
My inlaws are welcome at my place anyday and I would gladly live with them if I have my job in thier town but I must provide for my family.

Clap (Sorry viewbies I am not spamming but sometimes emoticons do convey our feelings)

I am in total agreement with ASji on post above Clap To add to that I will say if either have to stay with the other than respect & privacy must be maintained.

Agree with Maya for letting the emoticons do the talking Thumbs Up

Edited by Dabulls23 - 14 March 2007 at 10:27am
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Ghar-jamai is a spineless, weak individual who cant make it on his own and wishes to be supported by a total stranger for his livelyhood.... There is no more shameless thing than that....woh kya kahate hai chullu bhar pani mey... Smile 
  Ya to phir haathon me chudiyaan pahen lena Wink  On a serious note there is nothing wrong with man being "Ghar Jamai" .  If Woman-Bahu can go and live with Saas Sasur why can't man-Jamai do that?? Tongue  
  come on you cant equate the two... men have something called a self-respect.... 
  You mean to tell me women do not have self-respct Embarrassed Ouch  or they just lose it as soon as they get married to the MCP Angry Dead LOL  
aila no i dint say dat..LOLLOLLOL 
Did that bangled fist hit you quite hard? LOL Would like to give you the opportunity to elaborate on that "men having self-respect" before I say something. Tisha   
   Qwerty Did not expect that from MOI Embarrassed  Wink Tongue  
    I am taking the back seat and enjoyingTongue
I have DITTO thoughts , couldn't have said it better myself - @ the ladies..
qt

Codes- provided by narad muni Tongue

Naree shakti dynamo- DaBulls!
Naree shakti missile Ready to launch - Tish
MCP support line (perhaps unknowingly, yet caught in the word game LOL)- qwerty
"naaraayan naaraayan"  LOLLOL

Edited by mermaid_QT - 14 March 2007 at 11:36am
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 7:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Ghar-jamai is a spineless, weak individual who cant make it on his own and wishes to be supported by a total stranger for his livelyhood.... There is no more shameless thing than that....woh kya kahate hai chullu bhar pani mey... Smile 
  Ya to phir haathon me chudiyaan pahen lena Wink  On a serious note there is nothing wrong with man being "Ghar Jamai" .  If Woman-Bahu can go and live with Saas Sasur why can't man-Jamai do that?? Tongue  
  come on you cant equate the two... men have something called a self-respect.... 
  You mean to tell me women do not have self-respct Embarrassed Ouch  or they just lose it as soon as they get married to the MCP Angry Dead LOL  
aila no i dint say dat..LOLLOLLOL 
Did that bangled fist hit you quite hard? LOL Would like to give you the opportunity to elaborate on that "men having self-respect" before I say something. Tisha   
   Qwerty Did not expect that from MOI Embarrassed  Wink Tongue  
    I am taking the back seat and enjoyingTongue
I have DITTO thoughts , couldn't have said it better myself - @ the ladies..
qt

Codes- provided by narad muni Tongue

Naree shakti dynamo- DaBulls!
Naree shakti missile Ready to launch - Tish
MCP support line (perhaps unknowingly, yet caught in the word game LOL)- qwerty
"naaraayan naaraayan"  LOLLOL

Oh Lord have mercy on Qwert dear LOL 

Qwert u should have known better b4 posting......Now u got what you asked for.  No turning back bro Wink Tongue

Edited by Dabulls23 - 14 March 2007 at 7:05pm
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:11pm | IP Logged

yaar, this is so unfair. it should be fine to be a ghar jamai. more's the better if it's a ghar on prithviraj road and comes with a hot gharwali who knows every lil trick in the book to keep her guy happy. Wink nothing like being a bum and living off others without having to lift a finger. kya problem hai? let them look down all they want. one can always give them dirty stares LOL

Edited by chatbuster - 14 March 2007 at 9:12pm
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
who said Ghar Jamai does not work and he lives off of his Wifi and ILs Confused Ouch ? All he does is after marriage moves in with his wife and ILs Embarrassed He still is responsible to provide for as husband-Man. He is not crippled or totally disabled. He still is in perfect condition to use all his god given senses and organs (although men do use them very selectively) Wink LOL J/K guys before u all come beat me up Embarrassed LOL

On a serious note same rules apply to men what apply to women as far as moving in with the spouse and ILs after marriage Tongue .
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

yaar, this is so unfair. it should be fine to be a ghar jamai. more's the better if it's a ghar on prithviraj road and comes with a hot gharwali who knows every lil trick in the book to keep her guy happy. Wink nothing like being a bum and living off others without having to lift a finger. kya problem hai? let them look down all they want. one can always give them dirty stares LOL

ROFL

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:54pm | IP Logged

who said Ghar Jamai does not work and he lives off of his Wifi and ILs Confused Ouch ? All he does is after marriage moves in with his wife and ILs Embarrassed He still is responsible to provide for as husband-Man. He is not crippled or totally disabled. He still is in perfect condition to use all his god given senses and organs (although men do use them very selectively) Wink LOL J/K guys before u all come beat me up Embarrassed LOL

On a serious note same rules apply to men what apply to women as far as moving in with the spouse and ILs after marriage Tongue .

arre yaar, if you have to work, then where's the benefit of being a ghar jamai? that way, who would ever want to be a ghar jamai? gotta protect the species, no?LOL

Go to top