Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is there one God or many Gods ? (Page 5)

sweet_51_girl Senior Member
sweet_51_girl
sweet_51_girl

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 2:47am | IP Logged
i believe that god is only one that is in different forms n names........ u just cant consider that they r ganapati,allah,jesus,........... it can also be ur teacher,mother,father...... ur idols,for some people god can be their dance..their singin......their art where they find all the answers of their queries..... isnt it?
    think y people gave rise to different forms of god for diffrent religions....... cause initially all over world people were livin in different groups with same needs but diffrent lifestyles........ those folks who saw krishna ..made him god for them.......who saw gr8ness of shriram made him god.......also sai baba was a human being even jesus was ....... i donno abt kuran concept so i better not talk abt it.......but if i m not wrong it is also a power that people have saw somewhere someday......... so we consider it a god wherever they find this man or this thing is so pure n powerful that we can find heaven with it....... or he /it can solve problems....... n give support to us for each right reason.......
       god is even within u n me......who keeps us botherin abt bad thing we do n makes us satisfy when we do something nice isnt it?...... so ask him what his name is ganesha,allah,jesus or what?........ u'll get answer its GOD!!!!!!

cool_mt Groupbie
cool_mt
cool_mt

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 1:49am | IP Logged
there is only 1 god with different names. god is everywhere. god is within you

there is only one religion and that is truth and nothing but the truth

somebody - put water in glass and said its water
other said no its not water but its jaal,others said no its pani, some said no its aab
same thing with different names
getafix Newbie
getafix
getafix

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
maybe it is all subjective? as beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, isnt it possible the the answer to the basic question here, also lies within us? we will think according to our own individual logic or understanding. isnt this also true that we see only what we want to see?
Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DivyaD

"God" and gods Hindus- and I as a Hindu acknowledge and worship various gods, but these are all aspects of the one supreme "God".

The gods Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma are different forms and names of the one God. Vishnu in particular has appeared on earth in various forms. Among these, Krishna and Rama are especially loved and worshipped.

Many think that Hinduism is polytheistic-which means worshipping many gods, but in fact Hindus actually believe in only one supreme God, called "Brahman" - that which is all pervading and formless - yet the life in all.

Brahman is the supreme spirit that permeates everything.

BUT: Brahman is not a being in the sense that Christians think of God as a being - Brahman is entirely impersonal, and entirely impossible to describe.

Everything in the universe is part of Brahman,(including each one of us), but Brahman is more than the sum of everything in the universe. There is only one ultimate reality, Brahman. But that ultimate reality shows itself in many forms, and some of those forms are called Gods.

This is my point of view - and i think a general consensus of Hindus across the globe, I think... Confused

Hats off to you DivyaD. A paerfect, concise and lucid explanation Clap Clap
Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:53am | IP Logged
On a different note, please note my note which has been noted in an earlier page where I have argued in favour of there being many Gods.

Some more points to strengthen my points:

There are many Gods - examples of Gods to suit a few illustrative scenarios:

Oh God - surprise
Oh my God - extreme surprise
Oh Gaaawd - grief
God help me - fervent appeal
Good God - awe
God Almighty - overwhelmed
OhmyGodohyesyesohgod - ahem
euro_pakigal Goldie
euro_pakigal
euro_pakigal

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:41am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Euro_Pakigal and Ms.Attitude

Hindus believe in One Supreme God with different forms , while Muslims only believe in Allah . and Christians only believe in Christ , and you have Sikhs believing in "Waaheguru". No one is questioning WHY do you believe in Ram , Allah or Christ . That isn't a question at all.

Hindus don't pray to Allah or Jesus .While Muslims don't pray to Hindu gods or Christ .

But Hinduism respects and believes that Allah is a God and so is Jesus .Although we don't pray to him , just like you to don't pray to Hindu gods.But they show respect by saying yes Allah and Christ exist and are different forms of GOD.

My question i know its senstive , and i'll ask as senstively as possible . Do Muslims believe the God Hindus pray to our Gods to ? Ofcourse you don't believe and worship him .Like Hindus don't worship Allah . But what is your opinion of a Hindu God ?

1)Hindu God - Is he non - existant , paegan God ?

2) He is a Hindu God and you respect it like you respect Allah?As different religons have their own Gods.

3) Or he is the same god as Allah with a different name .

I know this is senstive , so for understanding differnt religons and their thoughts towards other reliogons , i thought i'll ask the question. Hope i don't offend any one with this question. Also i know we are mature people in this section and can handle a senstive topic like religous beliefs . As long as we speak senstively.

look aparna i respect all religions

we belive in allah but we are told to respect otherz and not laugh about their religion

ure question is very  hard cuz i seriously dont know what to say accept i belive in allah and i respect all other religions  i can only say thise becuz you wont get an answer from any muslim i dont think its just too difficult to explainOuch

Signora2 Goldie
Signora2
Signora2

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:42am | IP Logged
God is one, but can have several manifestations.
oshin Newbie
oshin
oshin

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:54am | IP Logged
hi all,

just on the discussion of one god or many gods, what troubles me is, if god is the one who creates everything living- non living, good-bad then that means that all the good or bad deeds we do is because he is making us do, them y are we punished (like all say), face all the sorrows and griefs when god is doing all the things. what exacly is karma then, when we are made to do things by god? y cant he make all people good and humble so that there are no griefs at all.

i know this is a never to end topic but then, i had this thought and i wanted to share it with all.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index