Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is there one God or many Gods ? (Page 4)

DivyaD IF-Rockerz
DivyaD
DivyaD

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Well Done Aparna... Clap Clap

euro_pakigal Goldie
euro_pakigal
euro_pakigal

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by marissa

Originally posted by euro_pakigal

well agree also der i only one god and he has diferent names thru many religions

i only worship one n dat is allah n only allah!!!!!!!

i hav 2 say i totally agree wiv u der!!!

thx for dat

btw let me make it clear

muslims belive in allah becuz muslimz do so plz stop asking why we r  tought to  belive in allah(4 all da ppl dat r wondering dat)

Edited by euro_pakigal - 24 March 2006 at 5:06am
zoya786uk Senior Member
zoya786uk
zoya786uk

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
this is a personal topic its different 4 differ religions its so obvious
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Euro_Pakigal and Ms.Attitude

Hindus believe in One Supreme God with different forms , while Muslims only believe in Allah . and Christians only believe in Christ , and you have Sikhs believing in "Waaheguru". No one is questioning WHY do you believe in Ram , Allah or Christ . That isn't a question at all.

Hindus don't pray to Allah or Jesus .While Muslims don't pray to Hindu gods or Christ .

But Hinduism respects and believes that Allah is a God and so is Jesus .Although we don't pray to him , just like you to don't pray to Hindu gods.But they show respect by saying yes Allah and Christ exist and are different forms of GOD.

My question i know its senstive , and i'll ask as senstively as possible . Do Muslims believe the God Hindus pray to our Gods to ? Ofcourse you don't believe and worship him .Like Hindus don't worship Allah . But what is your opinion of a Hindu God ?

1)Hindu God - Is he non - existant , paegan God ?

2) He is a Hindu God and you respect it like you respect Allah?As different religons have their own Gods.

3) Or he is the same god as Allah with a different name .

I know this is senstive , so for understanding differnt religons and their thoughts towards other reliogons , i thought i'll ask the question. Hope i don't offend any one with this question. Also i know we are mature people in this section and can handle a senstive topic like religous beliefs . As long as we speak senstively.

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 10:14am | IP Logged
*Disclaimer: My knowledge of these religions is purely academic. Therefore, I would request that the followers of the following religions not be offended by any mistake I make in my assessments*

Here are some common misconceptions people have about different religions:

1) Hinduism is polytheism...It is not polytheism at all actually. However, it is not monotheism or pantheism either. Hinduism itself is divided into various systems: Qualified Monism, Absolutisitic Monism, etc.

The idea is that there is one God (ultimate reality), which is Ishvara (also called Vishnu or Shiva or Saguna Brahman) or Nirguna Brahman (if you go by Shankara's system)

Any "god" who is worshipped is equated to the Ultimate reality. The concept of Trimurti/Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva was introduced much later by Neo-Vedantics.

2) Islam does not worship a God called "Allah". God does not have a name or a gender. the word "Allah" means "The ONE" in Arabic. It just means there is one ultimate reality.

3) Jehovah or YHWH (pronounced Yahweh) is not the name for a God in Judaism. It just is Hebrew for "I am what I am"

The story goes that when Moses asked God's name, He said the word YHWH. He never mentioned His name.

3) Jesus is not God, but he's called the "Son of God" by Christians. However, the concept of Trinity was later introduced which complicated things (God as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit)

There are a few other religions I can go into, but dont have the time now...will do so later if anyone is interested.

But, note how these so called "names" are merely descriptions of God in another language.

Eventually, this just proves there is one Ultimate reality.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

But, note how these so called "names" are merely descriptions of God in another language.

Eventually, this just proves there is one Ultimate reality.

I think most of us will agree with you with a few exceptions who may beleive there is one God and he has no other name but the name by which they call him .

They fail to realise other religons just call him with a different name.  Utlimately there is one reality .
getafix Newbie
getafix
getafix

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 11:30am | IP Logged
a rose is a rose...
god is an experience all of us strive to attain and those who have done so at some point of time, are unable to put it in words. hence the religions, faiths, prophets, gurus.. and the endless debates about whose path is greater or truer. therein lies the beauty of it, maybe. and the fun - mortals fighting over immortals.
saniyaa IF-Dazzler
saniyaa
saniyaa

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
well i believ dat there is 1 god but then agen different religeons hav different beliefs and i truely respect dat

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index