Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is there one God or many Gods ? (Page 3)

MS.ATTITUDE Goldie
MS.ATTITUDE
MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
As a muslim we blv dat there is only one GOD n 4 us dat one GOD is ALLAH(SWT).

Edited by MS.ATTITUDE - 21 March 2006 at 5:23pm

popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 1:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MS.ATTITUDE

Hi there,

Is there a specific reason that you think that there is only one god..and that god is allah?

Im just curious to know..hopefully I did not offend you in anyway.

Priya

Edited by i_luv_jay_sean - 22 March 2006 at 2:11pm
jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 2:56am | IP Logged
priya, 'allah' simply means 'the great one' so if if islam says that god is allah, they are saying that god is the great one. 'allah' is not the name they have given god - though today it is interpreted as a name! Big smile
Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by i_luv_jay_sean

Originally posted by MS.ATTITUDE

I know this subject is a very sensitive subject so hopefully I dont offend anyone, I will try my best not to. But..I know you have been taught by your parents or whoever that there is only one god..and that god is allah. But there.. can be a god with many names to him/her dont you think? Is there a specific reason that you think that there is only one god..and that god has to be allah?

Priya

i know it is a sensitive issue but thee way you are striking can hurt anyones feeling...

Edited by Aparna_BD - 22 March 2006 at 4:10pm
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:15am | IP Logged
My question to those who say there is one god , and his name is "so and so " .

Do you belive that other beliefs / religons and Gods are not true gods ???? Do you believe those religons are not true religons ?? Do you think practising other beliefs will lead them to hell as some call other beliefs different from theirs as paegan beliefs or call the others as Infidels( non- believer )??

If you think there is one god and that God is "so and so "(the god you worship) , you are definately being too arrogant to believe this.

Edited by Aparna_BD - 22 March 2006 at 8:33am
marissa Groupbie
marissa
marissa

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 1:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by euro_pakigal

well agree also der i only one god and he has diferent names thru many religions

i only worship one n dat is allah n only allah!!!!!!!

i hav 2 say i totally agree wiv u der!!!

DivyaD IF-Rockerz
DivyaD
DivyaD

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 6:47am | IP Logged
"God" and gods
Hindus- and I as a Hindu acknowledge and worship various gods, but these are all aspects of the one supreme "God".
The gods Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma are different forms and names of the one God. Vishnu in particular has appeared on earth in various forms. Among these, Krishna and Rama are especially loved and worshipped.

Many think that Hinduism is polytheistic-which means worshipping many gods, but in fact Hindus actually believe in only one supreme God, called "Brahman" - that which is all pervading and formless - yet the life in all.

Brahman is the supreme spirit that permeates everything.

BUT: Brahman is not a being in the sense that Christians think of God as a being - Brahman is entirely impersonal, and entirely impossible to describe.

Everything in the universe is part of Brahman, (including each one of us), but Brahman is more than the sum of everything in the universe. There is only one ultimate reality, Brahman. But that ultimate reality shows itself in many forms, and some of those forms are called Gods.

This is my point of view - and i think a general consensus of Hindus across the globe, I think... Confused
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DivyaD

"God" and gods
Hindus- and I as a Hindu acknowledge and worship various gods, but these are all aspects of the one supreme "God".
The gods Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma are different forms and names of the one God. Vishnu in particular has appeared on earth in various forms. Among these, Krishna and Rama are especially loved and worshipped.

Many think that Hinduism is polytheistic-which means worshipping many gods, but in fact Hindus actually believe in only one supreme God, called "Brahman" - that which is all pervading and formless - yet the life in all.

Brahman is the supreme spirit that permeates everything.

BUT: Brahman is not a being in the sense that Christians think of God as a being - Brahman is entirely impersonal, and entirely impossible to describe.

Everything in the universe is part of Brahman, (including each one of us), but Brahman is more than the sum of everything in the universe. There is only one ultimate reality, Brahman. But that ultimate reality shows itself in many forms, and some of those forms are called Gods.

This is my point of view - and i think a general consensus of Hindus across the globe, I think... Confused

Ya i agree with you . And thx for summing it up for people who don't understand. Let me just add to this.

An early vedic hymn( RV 5.3.1) draws together different Gods and declares that they are each the same reality in different stages or modes of manisfestation.
" At birth,Agni you are Varuna: when set alight you become Mitra :in you , son of strength,all Gods find their centre: to those who worship you become Indra "

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index