Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is there one God or many Gods ? (Page 2)

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:00am | IP Logged
To me, God = peace of mind. It depends on how many factors lead to peace for me. If there are many factors, there are many gods. If they are all a part of ONE overriding factor, then there is one God.

rebelqueen Senior Member
rebelqueen
rebelqueen

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:03am | IP Logged
well...i personally think god is only 1-1supreme power-
ppl accept this 1 power in different ways and forms as per their likes or their beliefs--thus-the various religions and gods
Sharila IF-Dazzler
Sharila
Sharila

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 12:35am | IP Logged
I respect everyone but as for me I believe in one and only enternal God "PARBRAHAM PARMESHWAR"
jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:26am | IP Logged
there is but one god. he is deemed the supreme divine power. in christianity no where in the bible does it say jesus is god. he is the son of god. god per se is referred to as 'the god of abraham'

in islam allah means the great one. that means in islam too god has no name. he is just the spreme divine power.

in hinduism too he is termed as bagwan. bhagwan also means the supreme divine power.

all religions talk of the same thing - compassion to fellow human beings, good conduct, curbing desires which harm others etc.

an avtaar is when god is supposed to have come down to earth to rescue humanity every time there was a major crisis.

so that makes jesus, mohammed and all the other hindu gods avataars. cos each time there was a major crisis a prophet or a son of god or god himself come down on earth to take care of the same.

sukhism, budhism etc are all off shoots of hinduism, which is deemed as a faith and not a religion.

Hindus believe in the universal soul (Brahman), as the sole reality who is present in all things. Contrary to popular understanding, Hindus recognise one God, Brahman, the eternal origin who is the cause and foundation of all existence whilst revering other deities.

They recognise the other gods as different aspects of the Brahman (soul)

Hindus believe that the soul passes through a cycle of successive lives and its next incarnation is always dependent on how the previous life was lived known as karma.

The path of knowledge (jnana).
The path of work and religious performances (karma).
The path of devotion (bhakti).

something people of all religions follow too.

so i guess there is just one god.

Edited by jasunap - 19 March 2006 at 2:28am
euro_pakigal Goldie
euro_pakigal
euro_pakigal

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:27am | IP Logged
yeh i guess da majority of uz belives in one god
sameer.84 IF-Sizzlerz
sameer.84
sameer.84

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:33am | IP Logged
obviously there's just One True God...

if ppl worship His prophets, messengers as gods besides Him, that cant change the fact of One Divine Being.

Islam says so and so does Judaism. In Christianity there too is One God- the Father and Hinduism too speaks of Ishwar- Supreme Universal Being.
Tumhari_Khushi IF-Sizzlerz
Tumhari_Khushi
Tumhari_Khushi

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
I do also believe that there is only one God but has different names in each religion Smile

saniyaa IF-Dazzler
saniyaa
saniyaa

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
I BELIEV DAT THERES ONE GOD ONLY BUT I ALSO RESPECT OTHERZ OPINIONS

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index