Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saif, Rani say Hum Tum again

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:03pm | IP Logged

Rani Mukerji and Saif Ali Khan in Hum Tum

In an attempt to recreate the Hum Tum effect, Rani Mukerji and Saif Ali Khan will star together in a forthcoming Yash Raj film (untitled).

This time, it's Siddharth Raj Anand (of Salaam Namaste fame) who will direct. Interestingly, Anand had written the screenplay of Hum Tum along with Kunal Kohli, and had secretly hoped to direct Rani and Saif some day.
Getting serious

Talking about the plot, Anand says he has moved ahead from the youthful, breezy, boy-meets-girl romantic comedy. "I'm not moving away from the genre of romance, but this film will handle intense and mature emotions. I may sound serious, but the film will have all the essential ingredients for a typical Bollywood masala film."

The film is scheduled to hit the floors in June and the director is presently location hunting. "The film will be shot in a start-to-finish schedule in a foreign location. I'm not going back to Australia this time. I'm looking for an urban and cosmopolitan city like New York. I should be able to figure it out in a month's time," says Anand.

Saif's a hit

When quizzed about the science fiction project he had initially planned, the director says, "No, the sci-fi thriller is not at all happening. I prefer romance to all other genres." As far as the cast is concerned, the director is stubborn about having Saif in all his films henceforth.

"It's true that Saif is going to be part of all my films from now on. But I can assure you the chemistry between him and Rani is not going to be on the lines of Hum Tum, nor will it follow Salaam Namaste's live-in track. That's going to be the surprise package in the film."

umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
koool...thanks for sharing... Wink
AnGeLeYeZz Goldie
AnGeLeYeZz
AnGeLeYeZz

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
looking foward to it, thanks!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top