Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

'I will not use hair whitener'-Hiten

heart*beat IF-Sizzlerz
heart*beat
heart*beat

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

I will not use whitener in my hair

Actor Hiten Tejwani refuses to age prematurely on his shows, time leaps notwithstanding

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Are you afraid that after the leap in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi the focus will shift from you to the younger generation?

The leap was expected. When we joined the show the focus was on us and now after this leap the focus will inevitably move to the new family members of the Virani household. There is no stress or insecurity. Every character on the show has his or her own importance and I'm sure that my character – Karan – will be fleshed out well.

What was the brief given to you?

No instructions have been given to any actor yet. I know that the leap is around the corner but I haven't had any meeting with the concerned people about anything. I do, however, know that our look will remain almost the same. I will not use whitener in my hair. Look, playing an older character is not an issue because I'm getting to play my age in Kavyanjali and that's fun.

Since your wife Gauri is an actor too, do both of you compete with each other?

As an actor one is always trying to be better with each scene. My competition is always with myself. Between Gauri and me there can never be any competition. Both of us are professionals, we keep our personal and professional lives apart. Yes, we are working on the same show (Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) and we do have a lot of scenes together. But neither Gauri nor I have tried to outdo each other. Our aim is to give work our best shot.

At one point you were busy acting in four daily shows: Kesar, Koi Dil Mein Hai, Kyunki and Kavyanjali... did Gauri complain that you couldn't spend much time with her?

Gauri is a mature woman. Since both of us are actors, we do understand our work commitments and the working hours. Initially, Gauri was very particular about my coming home by 10 p.m. but in our profession it's just not possible to keep a check on time. Now, I'm only doing two shows and Gauri, being particular about her work pattern, does only one show at a time. After two years I can say that we are finally spending quality time with each other.

Do you regret letting go of a big show like Nimmo...?

Let me tell you that I didn't quit Nimmo... It was a decision made by Balaji and Ekta Kapoor. Obviously, I respect and honour it. If they think that Ejiaz Khan was best suited for the role, then I'm sure they have good reason for it. I've been working with Balaji for so many years and I know that they will cast me in a show if they think I'm suitable for it. I can assure you that there are no problems from both ends.

We haven't seen much of your character in Kavyanjali lately.

I was not shooting for Kavyanjali for over a month. I was told that the show's storyline had become Anjali- and Pammi- centric. Obviously Ejiaz Khan, being the main protagonist, had to there as and when required. I must admit that I took that period as a nice break from the usual hectic working schedule. But now I'm back on Kavyanjai as well. In fact I've just resumed shooting for it.

• Let me tell you that I didn't quit Nimmo... It was a decision made by Balaji and Ekta Kapoor
– Hiten Tejwani

Ek Ajnabee Senior Member
Ek Ajnabee
Ek Ajnabee

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Thanks! Tongue
anju101 IF-Sizzlerz
anju101
anju101

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
thanks for the info!! Clap Big smile
fathi_ma786 Senior Member