Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

Harry Potter..........OVERRATED? (Page 3)

puppypower Groupbie
puppypower
puppypower

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:18am | IP Logged
i did not find the fifth book boring at all though i found it very interesting. and the third movie wasnt confusing at all. i understood it all very well. and did not think that any of the movies or games or books were overrated or underrated Embarrassed

j y o t i Goldie
j y o t i
j y o t i

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PixieDust91

Originally posted by j y o t i

as for the games, i think they are overrated. the games just arnt that exciting to play. mayb for little 4 year old boys they mayb fun, but for me they really rnt.

I don't know about that, I mean, I doubt anyone over the age of 9 or 10 could actually understand how to play those games. I haven't played the first one, so I can't say anything about it. But the second and third ones were AWSOME! But GoF was a disappointment.

thats tru, but its just that i dont really find them that interesting. but it cud also b cuz i really am not into videogames xcpt for nething on N64, lol

PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Smile

Originally posted by PixieDust91

as for the games, i think they are overrated. the games just arnt that exciting to play. mayb for little 4 year old boys they mayb fun, but for me they really rnt.

I don't know about that, I mean, I doubt anyone over the age of 9 or 10 could actually understand how to play those games. I haven't played the first one, so I can't say anything about it. But the second and third ones were AWSOME! But GoF was a disappointment.

thats tru, but its just that i dont really find them that interesting. but it cud also b cuz i really am not into videogames xcpt for nething on N64, lol

N64, brings back so many memories. I remember playing "Hey You! Pikachu!" and "Mario Party 3"some time a go, after I bought a ps2, I kida fell apart from my Nintendo games.Wink

I love the second and third HP games, I have both on my ps2. Sadly, I wasted about $20 USD on GoF.Ouch (Originally, I bought it for $40 dollars, I didn't like the game, so I sold it to GameCrazy for $20.)

Oh yes, one more thing, don't waste your time or money on HP games for GBA. They all are bad, including CoS and PoA.Ouch I'm not pretty sure about GoF for NDS, People say it's good, but in my opinion, it was overrated for ps2, but the NDS version could be different.

And thanks everyone.Embarrassed  There was really not much discussion going on, so I decided to open up a few topics, I'll open some more later.

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
I haven't played the videogames, so my opinions will be limited to the books and the movies.

The Books:

Books 1 - 4 have a charm entirely of their own.

I agree with Unnati on the part about OoTP being long drawn out - I found the first few chapters a bit boring with the exception of the trial itself. I guess it was because JKR was setting the stage for future events..

I liked HBP, but I felt that it was far too focused on raging teenage hormones and snogging.

The Movies

The movies are definitely overrated in comparison to the books. I much prefer the books to the movies.

With POA, the decline came about - many deviations from the original. But, the time-turner sequence was well done.

Overrating is especially evident in GOF where the focus was more on the special effects than the actual plot. Horrible editing and direction.

Go to top