Harry Potter..........OVERRATED?

PixieDust91 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hello people!

There's barely any discussion going on in the HP forum, so I thought I'd open this topic.😉

Do you guys think the Harry Potter movies are overrated? Or do you think they are underrated?

What about the books? Are they overrated or underrated? Which ones do you think are underrated and which ones are overrated?

What about the games? Do you think they're overrated or underrated?

My View:

I think PoA(movie) was overrated. WAY OVERRATED! It went by so fast and it was so confusing! My cousin, who didn't read the book, said that she wasn't gonna start reading them if they're that confusing.😕 But, no Harry Potter movie is underrated.

In the book catagory, OotP was overrated. I found the book a bit boring. It didn't have the same type of action the others had. More than half of it was Harry dreaming about the door. The only interesting parts were the dementor attack, Snape's pensieve, Arthur Weasley's attack, and the ending. Other than that, the book wasn't that great. You don't really get the 'real' action until the end.

For games, GoF is overrated. I thought it would be better than PoA, but no, I was wrong. The controls are confusing and the gameplay is boring and repetitive. You couldn't understand what was going on unless you've watched the movie or read the book. I didn't like the idea of choosing your character(Harry, Ron, or Hermione) before the level began. In PoA, you could change characters while you were playing. Thats one of the reasons PoA was the best HP game. In my opinion, PoA and CoS was underrated.

Please share your views!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hazelgirl thumbnail
well....i may be biased but..i dnt think The Hp films r overrated...they r perfectly alrite 😛
albusdumbledore thumbnail
we'll to say that GoF was overrated would not be entirely wrong... I agree with your views Pixie that it sure was overrated... the movie was too fast to retain viewer's attention over any particular detail that may have been included... like the elves on the camel scene of the Quidditch World Cup (Don't belive me go check your CD/DVDs now.

Regarding the Books I beg to differ with you Pixie on that count coz OotP is very important from the books point of view. Its from this book that we really see the shaping of Harry's charecter i.e. his maturing into a man. Black's death, Revealing of the Prophecy.

Also there is sumthing that is nagging my mind.... If you might remember in the Atrium, in the Ministry of Magic; Dumbledore says to Fudge sumthing regarding the Fountain of Magical Brethren. Sumthing regarding one of its constituents not keeping its promise etc... I think that too might have sumthing in it.... JKR might not have just included it in the plot line just for the sake of doing so.

As regards to the games... I'm not much of a gamer myself hence am unknown to it.

regards,

tejas
zara29 thumbnail
[quote=PixieDust91]I think PoA(movie) was overrated. WAY OVERRATED! It went by so fast and it was so confusing! My cousin, who didn't read the book, said that she wasn't gonna start reading them if they're that confusing. But, no Harry Potter movie is underrated.

[/quote]
yup! I agree with u...POA was overrated..!It was confusing 4 me..when I 1st tym watched the movie w/o reading the book 😳 ...I was hell confused .. 😆 but when I watched it twice/thrice...I got the whole story!
[quote=albusdumbledore]
Regarding the Books I beg to differ with you Pixie on that count coz OotP is very important from the books point of view. Its from this book that we really see the shaping of Harry's charecter i.e. his maturing into a man. Black's death, Revealing of the Prophecy[/quote]
I completely agree with u Tejas..
OotP is an imp book..from all angles 😊
me too..not interested in games..so sorry I dont know much abt them.. 😳
btw Pixie,u hav chosen a nice topic 4 discussion..! 👏 😊
PixieDust91 thumbnail
You do make a good point Tejas, about OotP being important, but I just didn't find it as interesting. It may just be me, but I didn't find the same type of 'charm' the other books had.
daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PixieDust91

Hello people!

There's barely any discussion going on in the HP forum, so I thought I'd open this topic.😉

Do you guys think the Harry Potter movies are overrated? Or do you think they are underrated?

What about the books? Are they overrated or underrated? Which ones do you think are underrated and which ones are overrated?

I think PoA(movie) was overrated. WAY OVERRATED! It went by so fast and it was so confusing! My cousin, who didn't read the book, said that she wasn't gonna start reading them if they're that confusing.😕 But, no Harry Potter movie is underrated.

In the book catagory, OotP was overrated. I found the book a bit boring. It didn't have the same type of action the others had. More than half of it was Harry dreaming about the door. The only interesting parts were the dementor attack, Snape's pensieve, Arthur Weasley's attack, and the ending. Other than that, the book wasn't that great. You don't really get the 'real' action until the end.

welli agree with unnati...the third was totally out of the way... hagrid's cabin was sumwhere else even the tree.. i didn't like it tht much.. and ya the 5 th book was toooo long.. sum things were tooo long.. one scene went on 4 pages..

and i think tht it would be better tht the 4 th movie was made in 2 parts coz then there would be more to it..

tht's wat my opion is..

nice topic unnati 😃
daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i dunno bout the game coz i don't play the game tht much.. i m just into dan and the HP movies and books   😳   😃
erised428 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I feel the movies were definitely overrated..all my friends who dint read the books mistook harry and hermione to be a couple and it would have been better had they included more of the book in GoF movie.

About the books..yeah 5th was a bit boring i felt it too

About the games..I've played the first two only and i liked the 2nd one. About being overrated..no idea.It was fun 😊
j y o t i thumbnail
for most of the stuff i agree with wat u guys have said
i c wat u mean wen u say that hp movies, lyk PoA was overrated and it was really hard to follow. the first two movies wernt all that exciting either, i mean i wasnt really on the edge of my seat waiting to c wats going to happen nxt. to me they were just ok a bit boring too. but the GoF was great, yet styll overrated. it wasnt really all that scary, not as much as the said it is. even the rating for this movie was overrated, i mean common PG14! it just wasnt that scary as they put on.

as for the books, i think they were underrated. cuz they r amazing! and they juss dint get as much publicity as i though they shud. but today or ever since, i think, GoF was realeased, the books have been 'rated' well.

as for the games, i think they are overrated. the games just arnt that exciting to play. mayb for little 4 year old boys they mayb fun, but for me they really rnt.
zara29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: daniel_4ever

i dunno bout the game coz i don't play the game tht much.. i m just into dan and the HP movies and books   😳   😃

lolz..Rukul..me too..just into Dan & HP movies..😉😉