Posted: 19 years ago
Originally posted by Minnie

Jammy,you are too sentimental.don't be.Life can be very hard sometimes.At some points,U just want to give up.Then something happens which helps you ride the storm.It can be anything from the word of assurance from your friend to the smile of your child.Christopher Reeve hung on to his life for 9 years just because his wife had said to him when he wanted to give up right after his accident: " you are still you and I love you ".

Thanks for the kind words Minnie, Actually I am not too sentimental. It is just that I was never able to understand/digest as to why she made that choice. I mean I dont know if you saw the movie, but it was Rick who puts her in trouble, Gary saves her and still she goes with Rick (Its not like only the audience know who creates the trouble but she knows that Rick was the one who created all the trouble)!! Also add to the fact that she knows that Rick doesnot loves her!!

That leaves me confuse as to what Women want? Do they want love or do they want looks?  Do they want somebody worthy of thier trust or just somebody who is a hunk!!

Jammy.

Jammy wrote: what Women want? Do they want love or do they want looks?  Do they want somebody worthy of thier trust or just somebody who is a hunk!!

That depends entirely on the woman.Actually it has been seen that a woman tends to graviate towards the type of men who have greatly influenced her life,like her father.Girls who have seen docile men try to find partners they can dominate,those who have abusive men in their lives more often than not end up with abusive men etc.

however,99.9% of girls in their teens go for guys with looks & charm.It doesn't really matter to them whether those guys love them or not.It's purely a physical thing with hardly any reason involved.

I've seen the movie but I don't remember much of it.But it's a teenage movie with  typical teenage reaction from the girl.She fell for the one whom she found more attractive & if he responded,she was ready to forgive & forget at this point in her life,she's just looking for loos and adventure.However,one thing I must say here.Mostly girls like guys who take care of them & appreciate them.And most important of all,consider them as the most important person in their life of all.And not only say it but actually prove it so.That's the deepest expression of love for a girl. And for this he does not have to be perfect or anything out of ordinary.He just has to give her the first place in his life.That's it.

Cool!!

Minnie do you study teen phsycology😉

In between what you wrote was right on!!

Jammy.

😆 Thanks but i haven't read any phsyco,teen or otherwise.But i was there once 😉& so were my friends.whatever I write,beleive me ,it's purely on experience.i don't support Armaan for nothing.He is very human with all human goodness & badness & that is very reassuring.Sata-Savatras (forgive the pun) don't exist & I'll thank the producers not to think us so gullible & naive!!!!!!!!😡 Edited by Minnie - 19 years ago

Women don't always get the men they want and the men they want don't always exist...so a lot of mumbo jumbo out there!

But in eastern societies where arranged marriages are the norm,compromise seems to dominate where things don't gel together...which kinda seems to be cross between friendship and love!

By the way Purab is not as unrealistic a person as men can be like him about 0.01% of the time and that is what makes him soo lovable!

Now about the other 99.9%.....men are like MCP's like armaan so ..what nothing new there!

Each to his own!

Edited by current - 19 years ago

Originally posted by Minnie

😆 Thanks but i haven't read any phsyco,teen or otherwise.But i was there once 😉& so were my friends.whatever I write,beleive me ,it's purely on experience.i don't support Armaan for nothing.He is very human with all human goodness & badness & that is very reassuring.Sata-Savatras (forgive the pun) don't exist & I'll thank the producers not to think us so gullible & naive!!!!!!!!😡

well i can honestly say guys like purab, at least characterwise exist even after marraige.....you just have to be the lucky one.your life is going to be smooth after that.....may be overextending the idea....you see marraige is the product of two people, thier families and a ton of other hidden factors....so even if we tied a knot between two perfect people....the circumstances  and hence the marraige need not necessarily be ideal

coming back to jjkn, jassi is in love with a certain armaan(who does not exist and is not the real armaan), she knows the real purab but does not believe herself in love with him(i will let go of the fact that close friends also share some form of love).on the practical end , i don't know how she plans on getting along with puru and ila if she ends up with armaan(ila never liked her, puru is not taken with her lately either and both of them seem to play an important role in armaan's life). parents are one of the major reasons of marital discord /harmony generally speaking. in between all this confusion she is hurting herself, her family, purab, armaan(assuming he has feelings for her),rohan  and putting purab in a very awkward and embarassing situation(something he never put jassi in). someday soon he is gonna vent out too...there are limits to everybody's patience....and jassi will be in real hot waters

moral of the story-with current undecisiveness jassi's life is completely messed up regardless of the path (armaan/purab)she takes

Edited by pj04 - 19 years ago
agree with you all the way pj 👏
I think Puru seems threatend as Jassi is Ceo and is not a family member as Ghulmour is a family business.  Thats why he has been off with her.  However when Jassi and A marry this problem will be overcome!

Originally posted by surnita

I think Puru seems threatend as Jassi is Ceo and is not a family member as Ghulmour is a family business.  Thats why he has been off with her.  However when Jassi and A marry this problem will be overcome!

he won't bcoz he knows his son , nobody wants thier daughter-in-law to upstage thier son(specially if he had king sized ego like armaan),also practically jassi would have hard time adjusting in armaan's circle(it is true for purab's circle too).there was a certain prince and princess in england who at a time were crazily in love and life seemed to be right out of fairy tale. however adjustment and ego(wife becoming more popular and upstaging husband)problems tore them apart.contrary to belief love does not conquer all.