Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

A.R.Rahman's money matters (Page 3)

luvmusic Goldie
luvmusic
luvmusic

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MrspetloverUS

Kalyug it is. Who would have thought that PT. Jasraj would be paid same as Abhijit Sawant Confused Ouch . Hard to believe. No value for classical music these days Unhappy

ARR is worth alot more than Rs. 10 Lakh. I hope he does get paid rest of his charges for his work.

Thanks for responding to my agony Varshaji....

koyi tho hai jise yeh baat acchi nahi lagi....

Edited by luvmusic - 16 March 2006 at 10:37am

luvmusic Goldie
luvmusic
luvmusic

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Exactly! Badon ka aur bade artistes ka kadar karna bhool gaye hain log...how sad...now a days people hog lime light and attention(I wudnt call it respect) for all wrong reasons...
ms04 Senior Member
ms04
ms04

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by luvmusic

Rehman's usual charge is 1 crore.This is one tenth of it!

Someone posted an article recently how all these reality show winners are preferring stage shows coz they pay him more.

Now that this topic has come, I was very disturbed when the UP govt. paid Pt.Jasraj and Abhijeet Sawant same amount (5 lakhs) for some festival organised by the state govt, while Jayaprada was paid 35lakhs for performing Amrapali.The news channel contacted Panditji on the issue and he said, I was with lesser people.She had a large trooupe so may be the officials paid accordingly.....but it was such a disgusting news that Pt.Jasraj n Abhijeet Sawant r paid same....hey bhagwan..kalyug ka shaayad yahi matlab hai!

AngryAngryAngry
I would not pay 5 rupees for that abhijeet sawant dude. music directors must have combined 1000 tracks to come out with each song of his.....
They should've bought 50 Rs cassette and played it...with abhijeet's poster moving in the background. Waise bhi to lipsynch hi karega...LOL . Indian idol to indian idle LOLLOL
Wont even comment on jaya prada....she is an samajwadi party MP or something like that.....UP govt could have given her Tajmahal. WinkWink

Mukesh

*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:52am | IP Logged

Kalyug it is. Who would have thought that PT. Jasraj would be paid same as Abhijit Sawant Confused Ouch . Hard to believe. No value for classical music these days Unhappy

ARR is worth alot more than Rs. 10 Lakh. I hope he does get paid rest of his charges for his work.

Yehi to baat hai ji.  PT. Shivkumar sharmaji bhi SRGMP finals ke time stage par bheed me kho gaye the aur kisine unka samman bhi nahi kiya.   He was just standing there on the stage all lost.  No one even gave a damn abt him.  It was totally shameful moment.  Hollywood celebrities got more hype than him on stage Angry

Angry

Angry

Why do these maestros even agree to attend such crap !!!

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sima Samuel

LOL
Originally posted by apparaohoare

Originally posted by Sima Samuel

AR Rahman is THE best not one of the best but THE best music directors we have today. He has much more successes to his name than any music directors of today. And knowing his nature he would have just walked away with whatever he got as he is not the kind to create any scene.

jmn7..if you think 10 lakhs is enough for ARR then i guess in your view 0.5 lakh wld also be sufficient for other music directors of the industry...

WHAT?????????????Shocked

Thats too much for HR.  It is his one year's income for 36 movies.  Wink

LOLLOLLOL aap nay kuch zaadah hi bola hai .. i was thinking may ek rupee or something per song...Wink

y do u guyz have to bring other ppl into everything??? newayz I think ARR should get paid more than dat if others get paid more than him cuz ARR is better than some MDz...

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jmn7

I just made a statement and it created controversy.
A.R.Rehman used to charge huge amounts for his music.From 1999-2003,he was the highest paid music director charging around RS 1 crore.This is justified when the music is a success.But when it is not a success,then the music companies incurred a loss.For mangal pandey the rising,why would he accept only 10 lakhs.Without 50 lakhs being paid he will not compose a tune.Moreover it is an international film made in two languages,hindi and english.So only 10 lakhs only being paid is nothing but nonsense.May be he is not satisfied with the Rs 1 crore he got,and wants more.So all this is created.
In the past two years A.R.Rehman was overtaken by HR by success and popularity.So in the last few months he is ignored.We should not beleive this.

good pointApprove

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:37pm | IP Logged

luvmusic You are joking right??!! This can't be true!!! AngryAngryAngry

If it is then .....Dead

fairdog Senior Member
fairdog
fairdog

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 6:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ms04

Indian idol to indian idle LOLLOL

Mukesh,

Very aptly put...I think so too...

the other day I was checking on musicindiaonline site, which movies Abhijit Sawant sang for after winning II....believe me...I could locate only one movie....just wondering singing in just one movie in almost 11 or 12 months isn't it a bit too less???Confused

coming to ARR's captioned story...my suggestions is to take such stories with a pinch or better a bag of salt....actualy story will be something different and they put something else in the press...most of the time such sotries are planted to generate more publicity, especially when a movie is releasing....MPV..

Go to top