Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:42am | IP Logged
.R.Rahman's money matters
By MIO Team
Mar 14, 2006, 09:42

Printer friendly page

Everybody knows that A.R.Rahman is a winner and people simply love his music. He has recently enthralled music lovers with the albums of 'The Rising' and 'Rang De Basanti'. However, shocking waves will run down your spine on hearing this piece of news. Surprisingly, this renowned musician is not paid fully for his work in 'The Rising'.

Rahman is very selective these days and he gives his best in the few projects he does. He has come out with a soothing album for 'The Rising', knowing that it's a big film. But there is a pathetic story behind this music. He received only Rs.10 lakhs, which was paid to the Prague Orchestra.

Meanwhile, producer of the film Bobby Bedi said recently that they have recovered the cost of the film. He also had said that a lot of money had been paid. He seems to be unaware of the due pending.

The makers of the film should know that Rahman deserves much more than they think.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/hindi/3774/

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jmn7

I think 10 lakhs is enough for a music director like A.R.Rehman.

What that suppose to mean?!!!!! Angry

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jmn7

I think 10 lakhs is enough for a music director like A.R.Rehman.

I hope you are not joking, this kind of money now a days all SMS singing winners make more than that.

And like SoulSoup said What do you really mean?

Edited by Qwest - 16 March 2006 at 7:58am
ritika24 Senior Member
ritika24
ritika24

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Just curious, does anybody have any idea how much music directors earn per film? How much singers charge per song?
Sima Samuel Senior Member
Sima Samuel
Sima Samuel

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:55am | IP Logged

AR Rahman is THE best not one of the best but THE best music directors we have today. He has much more successes to his name than any music directors of today. And knowing his nature he would have just walked away with whatever he got as he is not the kind to create any scene.

jmn7..if you think 10 lakhs is enough for ARR then i guess in your view 0.5 lakh wld also be sufficient for other music directors of the industry...

Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Crapy musicians are making moe money then him then...THis is bad..AR Rehman..just the name is enough for his music
Directors are willing to pay more to some of the stars for their name sake and donot realize that music is as important a factor..by adding AR Rehman..the music has sold itself..he defenately deserves more.
apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sima Samuel

AR Rahman is THE best not one of the best but THE best music directors we have today. He has much more successes to his name than any music directors of today. And knowing his nature he would have just walked away with whatever he got as he is not the kind to create any scene.

jmn7..if you think 10 lakhs is enough for ARR then i guess in your view 0.5 lakh wld also be sufficient for other music directors of the industry...

WHAT?????????????Shocked

Thats too much for HR.  It is his one year's income from 36 third grade movies.  Wink

Edited by apparaohoare - 16 March 2006 at 8:10am
Sima Samuel Senior Member
Sima Samuel
Sima Samuel

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:06am | IP Logged
LOL
Originally posted by apparaohoare

Originally posted by Sima Samuel

WHAT?????????????Shocked

Thats too much for HR.  It is his one year's income for 36 movies.  Wink

LOLLOLLOL aap nay kuch zaadah hi bola hai .. i was thinking may ek rupee or something per song...Wink

Go to top