A Wait of a Lifetime (VirMan OS)

maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey all...Reya here πŸ˜Š *waves*. You might seen me on the NL thread and commenting on posts and the great OS/FFs everyone been writing here. 
This OS is a piece i did for another couple but decided to post it for VirMan..i have an original VirMan idea but i can only write that after exams
So here is my first OS on this forum...hope u all will like it πŸ˜Š

scroll down for the OS...
Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maanvi Vadhera stirred in her sleep as the alarm clock started ringing off. She turned towards the side table to hit the snooze button. She squinted half an eye open and her eyes fell on the image of the person she loved the most. Her lips automatically curved into a small smile. She opened her eyes fully wanting to see him clearly and reached over to pick up the picture frame of her husband: the handsome Virat Singh Vadhera. She traced slow fingers along the cold glass imagining that she was running her fingers along his light stubble that always ticked her skin. It was one of sensations she missed dearly.

"Good Morning Virat", she said with love as she pecked her lips against the glass where his lips were.

She sighed as she leaned against the bed rest cuddling the picture frame against her chest. It wasn't the same as hugging him but it would have to do for the time being. She let her hand trail the cool sheet of the other side of the bed that lacked the warmth of his body.

"Hurry back to me baby", she whispered against the glass. Giving one final glance to the face she couldn't live without, she placed the picture back on the table and got up to start the day.

She hummed softly to herself as she started straightening out the bed folding the blanket to set it at the bottom edge of the bed. She made her way to the window and threw the curtains to the side to let the bright sunshine in. Her lips curved into a smile as the warmth of the sunrays hit her face.

"It's going to be a good day today", she said to herself.

Her humming continued as she opened her closet door and eyed her sarees as she went through the hangers contemplating which one to wear.

"Baby, which one should I wear?", she asked turning to the smiling face.

"Red, wear red", she heard the answer in her head.

She chuckled to herself, "Now how did I know you were going to say that?"

Flashback

She carried up the package up to the room that had been delivered from her designer's shop. Today, her adorable Di Jeevika was getting engaged to her college sweetheart and she couldn't have been happier. She needed to get ready quickly and go over to her parents' house to help her timid yet temperamental sister who wanted everything to be absolutely perfect.  She was running through her tasks in her mind when as she opened the door of their bedroom, and she was pleasantly surprised to see her husband standing by window watching the sun give it's farewell. He turned around as he sensed her presence and grinned at the shock and happiness on her face. Their eyes shone with the happiness felt after seeing each other after months.

She placed the package on the table close to the door as she screamed with joy, "Babyyy !" and ran to fling her arms around his neck as he twirled her around slightly lifting her off the ground.

The reunion was always sweet if not sweeter than the last. The distance was hard on them no matter how short or long the amount of time apart. But this was one of rare times he had given her a surprise and that made a little sweeter than usual.

She let out a playful giggle when he finally placed her back on the floor.

"Missed me?, Virat asked with a wink.

She grinned and decided to answer his question another way. She brought their faces closer and softly sealed their lips together. He wrapped his arm around her slim waist to pull her closer gently. The taste of her sweet lips after a long wait was heaven for him.

When they finally broke apart, she settled her head on his chest with a happy sigh as she kept her hands locked around his neck. He looked down at her with love and said with a chuckle, "I will take that as a yes". She titled her face up and nodded.

Then the smile dissolved into a frown as a thought crossed her mind. "But you didn't tell me you were coming home today", she said with a pout and started to walk away.

He stopped her easily by hugging her from the back. He took her long silky mane of hair to one side and planted a slow kiss on her exposed neck. She melted with the sweet torture. He turned her around so they could be face to face.

"That's because I wanted it to be a surprise. And how could I miss my saali's engagement? She would have just killed me."

She openly laughed at the look of horror that came to his face when he mentioned his saali. "Well, I am happy the fear of your saali brought you home and I can finally spend some time with my hubby", she said letting her head drop to his sturdy shoulder.

"So you want to spend some 'time' with me", he said with mischief in his voice and she could tell exactly what he was thinking. He slid one arm around her waist loosely as the other glided down her back slowly.

She broke away from him before he could carry out his plans, "We can spend time together later but for now we both need to get ready", she said walking over to the table to pick up her saree.

He looked a little glum at the turn of events but figured she was right. "Do you want to see what I am wearing tonight?", she asked taking her saree out of the bag.

"Hmmm", he said absently as he went through his phone.

"Virat, look na", She called out as she held the saree against her body.

He looked up to see an exquisite white saree with light sliver work. She smiled as she waited for his reaction.

"It's really nice and you will look beautiful in it", he said as he sat on the bed.

Her smile faded off at his praise because she could tell he didn't mean it. They had only been married for two years but she knew him as well as she would have if she had known him her own life. Their marriage had been an arranged marriage. She had finished her degree in arts when her parents had started looking for a proposal. Her aunt was a good friend with his mom and that's how their things had gotten rolling. They easily became friends over their engagement period and the friendship unknowingly developed into love despite the time apart they spent from each other.  

"You don't like it, do you?", she questioned with a saddened expression as she sat next to him on the bed.

He pulled her onto his lap letting her back rest against his chest. "Of course, I like it", he said trying to be convincing as he laced their hands together.

She turned her face towards him and glared at him for lying, "Don't your dare lie to me Mr. Virat Singh Vahdera.",, she threatened.

He gulped with fear as he saw the warning in her eyes. She always saw right through him. "Okay fine, I don't like it at all.", he confessed as her expression turned sad. "Not because it's not a beautiful saree. It really is. But because of the colour; white is not the colour for you. I know people say white is the purest of all. But I think that a married woman should only wear white when she is a widow and I am not-"

She stopped him from going further covering his mouth with her hand shaking her head with tearful eyes, "Then, I am never going to wear white ever again", she said through her tears and hugged him tight.

Virat cursed himself for making her cry, "No sweetheart, please don't cry", he cajoled patting her back.

She drew back and he reached out to wipe her tears. She took a hold of his hand and looked into his eyes, "Don't you dare ever talking about dying.", she warned. "Your life is all mine now", she said with love as she laid her head on his chest and his steady heartbeat soothed away her fear.

Virat tenderly kissed her on the top of her hair and she sighed happily.

"Are my Kajol-Shahrukh o ever going to be ready?", Chachi hollered from the other side of the door.

She sprang up from the bed at her voice, "Ummm, we are coming Chachi .", she yelled back.

"Virat, what am I going to wear now?", she asked panicking. "I have nothing decent to wear to my own sister's engagement.", she complained as she went through her hangers.

"Wear this", he said coming from behind and placed a wrapped box in her hands.

"What's this ?", she asked as she started to open the wrapping. He said nothing as he waited for her to open.

Her eyes lit up with happiness as she took the red saree with pink beadwork along the border of the saree out of the box. "Now, this is the colour for a married woman. A colour that defines you."

"This is beautiful", she said as she eyed the saree.

"Only if you wear it.", he said as he looked at her with love

Flashback end

She blinked away the tears at the memories she carried of him. These memories that she needed to live with until he came back. After that day, she had donated all the white sarees she owned. Picking up the red chiffon saree, she made her way to the washroom.

About twenty minutes later, she started down the stairs to go for breakfast.

"Namaste Dada Ji.", she said as she made her way to the table and first stopped at to take his blessing. And then moved to give a soft peck on the cheek of Ma instead on touching her feet that a daughter-in-law was expected to do and greeting all the family members before she took her seat at the table. As breakfast wrapped up, the men of the house headed off to work while the women mingled and supervised the household chores.

At about eleven, Maanvi headed out. Maanvi taught at the Chandigarh Fine Arts Academy as an art teacher in particular painting. It was her desire to work even though there was no need when she was part of the Vadhera family yet Virat and the family had supported her decision. Her afternoon went by as she taught students all she could about painting their perceptions into a beautiful images. What she was really waiting was for her classes to finish so she could go to her place of solace.

As her final lesson wrapped up, she grabbed her bag and headed out. Before she could go to her usual spot, she had to make a pit stop as always. Stopping her car at the glass shop, the aged shopkeeper smiled as she approached him. Without a word, he handed her a box and she smiled as she handed him the money. He nodded her with a smile that meant see you tomorrow. She always silently hoped she wouldn't have to.

Soon, she pulled up to the beach at about four and this was one place she came to everyday. Taking her bag and the box she just picked up, she made her way to over the sand to the rock she usually sat. Once settled, she began to pull out the required items: the stationary paper, quill pen and its ink. It was one of odd things she did. She always wrote her letters with a quill pen. Before starting her letter, she drew a small ship in the right corner of the page like she always did. Then, she let her feelings flow onto the paper.

My Dearest Virat,

The world tells me you are dead. But how can that be when I am still breathing. My heart still beats only for you and I know that somewhere out there your heart is beating for me. We are two bodies and one soul...and I am soulless without you. We are two names meant to be said in one breath. There could never be a 'me' without an 'us'. There can't be a Maanvi without a Virat.

I try to live my life normally but without you, there is no true meaning of happiness. You are my only happiness in life and without you; I am incomplete. I am waiting for you to return to me. I know you will one day...you promised you would return to me. Virat Singh Vadhera is a man of his promises..i know that. You would never leave me incomplete in the journey of life.

I am at our beach where you had vowed three years ago that you would return to me. But the wait continues and this has been the longest I have ever been apart from you. I don't care what the world says. I know my husband: my Chep is still somewhere out there at the sea doing his job for the Indian Navy. I know your duty as Caption Virat Singh Vadhera comes first but my wait for you will continue. I wait for you everyday at our beach until sunset with the same hope that you will one day come back to me. I promise I will wait for till my very last breath.

Yours Only,

Maanvi Singh Vedhera

She glanced down at the finished page as some of words were smudged with her tears. He would be able to tell that she was crying but it was too late to mend that. Wiping the last of her tears, she held the letter in her hand to let her words dry but the wetness of tears that were in her heart could never be wiped away unless he came back to wipe them himself. She grazed out to the endless sea that had her soul; somewhere in the vast sea he was still there. He may have died for the world three years ago when their ship had been wrecked in a storm and none of the navy officers had been found. She refused to believe his death until she saw his dead body with her own eyes. 

"You are still out there", she said grazing out the endless waves. "I know you are baby."

The evening after the engagement, she had tearfully bid his goodbye once again as he only managed to get the leave for Jeevika's engagement. Right before he had to leave, they had come to the beach. Here, over the moonlight and stars as their witnesses, he had given her a farewell kiss and a promise to return to her one day.

She ran her fingers along to page to check if the ink that dried and when the ink didn't smudge her hands; it was ready. She began to roll the page as tightly as possible and then expertly tied a string in the middle to hold it. Seeing that was done properly, she opened the box she had picked up earlier from the shop. Holding the glass bottle in a hand, she slipped in her letter with the other closing it properly with a cork.

Satisfied with the completion, she stood up on the massive rock and threw the bottle into the water gently so it wouldn't sink. It landed with a quiet splash before a strong wind current picked it up and took it along. She watched it sail away with the waves until it was no longer in sight. She had been doing this everyday for the past three years never missing a day. A letter a day sent to him by the sea. He was a man of the sea and she knew he would get her message somehow. She would wait for him all her life to end her everlasting wait; a wait worth a lifetime.

So how was it ? please let me know how you all liked it by liking and commenting :) It's fair to say that i tend to be a sadist kinda writer..but now..you are all warned πŸ˜†

Please Comment and Like :)

Love,

Reya <3

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago
dqkytm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
so viraat is dead already?! :( omg! this is so ssaaad!!! 
awww...u didn't like it ? πŸ˜­

Originally posted by: Sravya07

so viraat is dead already?! :( omg! this is so ssaaad!!! 

actually, i left u all hanging...and like Maanvi...u could think that he is still alive..😳..
IndigoBlues thumbnail
he's alive kay? πŸ˜‘ i'm going to be maanvi and assume that he comes back one day. πŸ˜ of course..i have lots of paagal theories as to how that can happen and which i'll tell u if u are in an insane mood πŸ€£

you're AMAZING Reya seriously..you know..this may sound hypocritical but most one shots don't interest me..and sometimes i read my own oneshots and i'm like 'yeh kya bachpana hai' after reading such talented works..this was BRILLIANT!! πŸ˜²πŸ‘ i mean i'm hitting my head on the table now ki why do i feel so happy about writing utter  kachra when some of my readers can do better..πŸ˜†

you know i was about to suggest that you write when you commented saying you're an 'attempted' writer..but now I DEMAND πŸ˜†..coz you are a writer..i mean what are you doing studying chem..πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

i loved loved this os and now i think i SHOULD go and write a depressing story except that for some reason though I am a usually melancholy writer, I can only write mad comedy stuff for virman..πŸ˜†

Captain Virat Singh Vadhera. πŸ˜ πŸ˜³

megz. πŸ˜³

Originally posted by: IndigoBlues

he's alive kay? πŸ˜‘ i'm going to be maanvi and assume that he comes back one day. πŸ˜ of course..i have lots of paagal theories as to how that can happen and which i'll tell u if u are in an insane mood πŸ€£

you're AMAZING Reya seriously..you know..this may sound hypocritical but most one shots don't interest me..and sometimes i read my own oneshots and i'm like 'yeh kya bachpana hai' after reading such talented works..this was BRILLIANT!! πŸ˜²πŸ‘ i mean i'm hitting my head on the table now ki why do i feel so happy about writing utter  kachra when some of my readers can do better..πŸ˜†

you know i was about to suggest that you write when you commented saying you're an 'attempted' writer..but now I DEMAND πŸ˜†..coz you are a writer..i mean what are you doing studying chem..πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

i loved loved this os and now i think i SHOULD go and write a depressing story except that for some reason though I am a usually melancholy writer, I can only write mad comedy stuff for virman..πŸ˜†

Captain Virat Singh Vadhera. πŸ˜ πŸ˜³

megz. πŸ˜³

come here Megz πŸ€—...u know, i was feeling like i made a huge mistake in posting a sad OS on the forum and no one liked it πŸ˜­...ur comment made me grin like a idiot..πŸ˜ƒ
See, i left you to decide on your own if he was still alive,,though he is suppose to be dead..but i felt like my own life would be safer if i left you all to decideπŸ˜†
And i am still a 'attempted' writer...only been writing as a hobby for a year or so...but honestly i love it πŸ˜³..i am studying psychology ( bachelor of sceience) but honestly not loving the chemistry part of it πŸ˜†
I tend to be a sadist kinda writer...having majority of sad ideas πŸ˜³..cause personally as a reader, i love sad stories...but i am NOT a depressed soulπŸ˜†...and u rock with ur comedy...but a 'sad' piece is something u should definitely experiment..πŸ˜‰...

Thanks for such a wonderful comment...totally made my night..well...it's 3 am..so is it morning? πŸ˜†

Reya <3
IndigoBlues thumbnail

Originally posted by: maankigeet4ever

come here Megz πŸ€—...u know, i was feeling like i made a huge mistake in posting a sad OS on the forum and no one liked it πŸ˜­...ur comment made me grin like a idiot..πŸ˜ƒ

See, i left you to decide on your own if he was still alive,,though he is suppose to be dead..but i felt like my own life would be safer if i left you all to decideπŸ˜†
And i am still a 'attempted' writer...only been writing as a hobby for a year or so...but honestly i love it πŸ˜³..i am studying psychology ( bachelor of sceience) but honestly not loving the chemistry part of it πŸ˜†
I tend to be a sadist kinda writer...having majority of sad ideas πŸ˜³..cause personally as a reader, i love sad stories...but i am NOT a depressed soulπŸ˜†...and u rock with ur comedy...but a 'sad' piece is something u should definitely experiment..πŸ˜‰...

Thanks for such a wonderful comment...totally made my night..well...it's 3 am..so is it morning? πŸ˜†

Reya <3

oh man...you know what..I wanna do psychology too!!! πŸ˜² as in, i'm still doing my tenth right now..but afterwards gonna do psychology..which means during that time i hope i will have your one shots to distract me. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

actually..it doesn't matter whether he's alive or dead(though he's still alive for me..🀣) what matters is that no one can kill you for writing such a brilliant os..and sometimes, sad stuff is as good as, and actually, ten times better than some comic VirMan fantasy. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

i used to write on Taanu and Maaneet and majority of my oneshots had a dark tone to them...i'm the type of person who hates happy endings..πŸ˜† but there are times when i love a couple so much that after writing two-three oneshots where i separate both of them, i just feel like writing one where both of them get together. πŸ˜³ 

and i understand..i mean i AM a depressed soul and i write comedies..soo🀣 yep..i wanna write a sad piece..but i'm trying to figure out whether it will match up to the brilliance of yours or not..πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

afternoon here..but reading your os gave me a total early morning 'jhatka' of inspiration. πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

megz. πŸ˜³

Originally posted by: IndigoBlues

oh man...you know what..I wanna do psychology too!!! πŸ˜² as in, i'm still doing my tenth right now..but afterwards gonna do psychology..which means during that time i hope i will have your one shots to distract me. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ Psychology is awesome...and i like so far πŸ˜ƒ..baby..u are just in 10th...i feel old in front of u being in 2nd yr uni😳..but i will have OSs for you😳..pakka

actually..it doesn't matter whether he's alive or dead(though he's still alive for me..🀣) what matters is that no one can kill you for writing such a brilliant os..and sometimes, sad stuff is as good as, and actually, ten times better than some comic VirMan fantasy. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜³..oh..u have no idea..i get loads of threats and 'i hate you for making me cry' sorts of commentsπŸ˜†...but i can see the love behind it all..and Comedy and sad emo pieces are different in their own way...and those fantasies u are talking abt do a lot to brighten my moodπŸ˜ƒ

i used to write on Taanu and Maaneet and majority of my oneshots had a dark tone to them...i'm the type of person who hates happy endings..πŸ˜† but there are times when i love a couple so much that after writing two-three oneshots where i separate both of them, i just feel like writing one where both of them get together. πŸ˜³ ..you use to write on Maaneet ? πŸ˜²..how come i never came across ur awesomeness? i still write on Maaneet :) actually, started writing cause of them😳

and i understand..i mean i AM a depressed soul and i write comedies..soo🀣 yep..i wanna write a sad piece..but i'm trying to figure out whether it will match up to the brilliance of yours or not..πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ oh come on..this is far from brillance..and besides..this is a place of sharing and learning along the way πŸ˜³...u write a sad piece when a idea strikes u and u can bet i will read πŸ˜‰

afternoon here..but reading your os gave me a total early morning 'jhatka' of inspiration. πŸ˜†πŸ˜³..ohhh 'inspiration'...(*reya jumping up and down thinking megz will gift her a 'fantasy' in return πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

and i don't know about how everyone will like my 'attempts' but i think i found a new friend πŸ€—

sweetness4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Reya!

BEAUTIFUL is the only word for such a tear jerker! Very emotional!! I DEMAND a sequel. With Virat returning, and a happy ending. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahrukh