India-Forums

Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

piccies of niki !!!

Aloo_gobi Senior Member
Aloo_gobi
Aloo_gobi

Posted: 27 March 2005 at 7:13am | IP Logged

var message="All Right Reserved! Maharaja Cruise TM"; /////////////////////////////////// function clickIE4(){ if (event.button==2){ alert(message); return false; } } function clickNS4(e){ if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){ if (e.which==2||e.which==3){ alert(message); return false; } } } if (document.layers){ document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); document.onmousedown=clickNS4; } else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){ document.onmoused own=clickIE4; } document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false") // --> doesnt niki look so good !!!... a women with brains and beauty.. ! 

Kamal Uddin FaridiKamal Uddin Faridi Kamal Uddin FaridiKamal Uddin Faridi
< code=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0 height=174 width=770 id=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>< NAME="_cx" VALUE="20373">< NAME="_cy" VALUE="4604">< NAME="FlashVars" VALUE="">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="flash/rates.swf">< NAME="Src" VALUE="flash/rates.swf">< NAME="WMode" VALUE="Window">< NAME="Play" VALUE="0">< NAME="Loop" VALUE="-1">< NAME="Quality" VALUE="High">< NAME="SAlign" VALUE="">< NAME="Menu" VALUE="-1">< NAME="" VALUE="">< NAME="AllowAccess" VALUE="always">< NAME="Scale" VALUE="ShowAll">< NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="0">< NAME="BGColor" VALUE="">< NAME="SWRemote" VALUE="">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="">< NAME="SeamlessTabbing" VALUE="1"> < src="flash/rates.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashp" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="770" height="174"></></>

HOMEABOUT USVSHERSACTIVITIESDESTINATIONSFAQsCONTACT US

Niki Aneja Walia   

"I know I deserve an award, chances are that I won't get one"

" A show like 'Astitva' which does not have huge sets or bejewelled women, is a visual treat. It is more realistic in its approach"

Let's not debate whether she would have made a charming pilot or not. But hadn't it been for the rebellion, television would have missed out on a seasoned actress. Niki Aneja nee Walia didn't plan her career as a television actress, she just took up a few modelling assignments to fund here trip to Boston for pilot training. Although she didn't make it to Boston, she did take up acting on late ad film maker Mukul Anand's suggestion.

Following her cousin's (well known television actor Parmeet Sethi) footsteps, she decided to give the small screen a try too. Shows like Dastaan, Seahawks, Andhi Jaazbat Ki, Piyaa Binaa, Patang and comedies like Baat Ban Jaye and Gharwali Uparwali followed.

After a freak accident of the sets of Gharwali Uparwali, she had almost packed her bags. Then followed her marriage with UK-based marketing consultant Sonny Walia, which gave her another good reason to leave the industry and settle down in UK. But as luck would have it, the she got an offer from Ajai Sinha, for a project that she couldn't let down. Now as we know she is getting rave reviews for her performance as Dr Simran in Astitva.

In an interview that took place on the sets of Astitva, she told indiantelevision.com's Trupti Ghag about her journey as an actress and her latest show Astitva Ek Prem Katha. Excerpts:

What was it that made you take up Astitva, after you almost bid adieu to India television?
Though I didn't admit it then, I have always admired Ajai Sinha as a director and secretly hoped that I would get to work with him. When I heard the story, I went 'wow!!!' I was offered an author backed role on a platter. It would have been stupid to let it go.

I don't really want to sound pompous but I was bombarded with mails and telephone calls when I met with an accident. There were pujas held for my well being. I was overwhelmed with this response... I am not a film star to receive such response. People really wanted to see me back on the small box. So I couldn't hang my acting cap. Well, not yet anyway.

Of late the industry is taking quite a keen interest in your show Astitva. What do you think is the reason it is doing so well?
Take a look at the shows around, television really does not have anything different to offer. Therefore a show like Astitva, which does not have huge sets or bejewelled women, is a visual treat. It is more realistic in its approach.

For Special Air Fares, call AirKTravel
1 (800) 900 - UFLY(8359)

Copyright Maharaja CruiseTM

Design &Maintained By
Kamal Uddin Faridi  

icy_devil IF-Dazzler
icy_devil
icy_devil

Posted: 27 March 2005 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
thx's 4 the picsBig smile
IMILWAAKAOO Goldie
IMILWAAKAOO
IMILWAAKAOO

Posted: 09 October 2005 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
kewl Wink
schandra09 Senior Member
schandra09
schandra09

Posted: 11 October 2005 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Thanks!
spuligella Groupbie
spuligella
spuligella

Posted: 11 October 2005 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.... Smile
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 11 October 2005 at 11:02am | IP Logged
awh..she looks so much more preetier in real life than in the show!!!!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top