India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

how idol judges celebrated holi!!

cindu Senior Member
cindu
cindu

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:23am | IP Logged
For decades the Hindi film industry has marked Holi with great fervour both on and off screen. But while most Bollywood stars have nostalgic memories of the festival, not all seem keen on wild celebrations this year.

Vidya Balan: "I stopped playing Holi long back...when I was in school. Beyond a point, Holi became an excuse for lewd behaviour. Rang se khelna achcha lagta hai. But beyond that, I don't enjoy it. In Mumbai especially, I feel Holi is becoming too colourful for women. The streets are just not safe for women. Having said that I must say in non-metropolitan places like Madhya Pradesh the essence of the festival is still alive. The basic mood of Holi where all inequalities are washed away in the flow of colours is taken a little too seriously by some aggressive elements in our society. To drop all inhibitions isn't to make life miserable for others, specially women. It's impossible for women to step out of homes. I didn't step out on Holi day before evening. Holi khelo apnon ke saath. You've no right to get boisterous with strangers. Invasion of privacy is hardly a way to celebrate. So celebrate with people who are friends.

Having said that, I must say Mumbai is a relatively safe city for women. They can and they do deal with hooliganisn when they have to be.

Dino Morea: I love Holi. It's the time to disco. My brothers and me have had some wild times in Bangalore. In Mumbai it's far less fun. Going to a friend's house for a Holi party and getting completely coloured up. Nandana Sen: I have just got back from New York, so I am a little jetlagged. Still I am looking forward to getting all messy, making lots of noise and dunking my best friends in purple water. The purple water is a big energy booster. Anupam Kher: I am not a very Holi kind of person, though I do recall some really wonderful times back home in Shimla with my parents and brother. Now of course Holi has changed, and for the worse. No Holi for me this time. I'll be shooting for "Money Money". Hrithik Roshan: Generally Holi is a grand affair for me and my folks back home (India). I'll be shooting for a song in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). Thanks for reminding me of what I am going to miss back home. Anu Malik: My father passed away two months ago. I don't think it would look right if I played Holi. I am invited to the Zoom Holi party. But will it look nice if I attended? But I won't stop my daughters. Maybe I'll even join in with them a bit. But last year everyone was jiving to my song "Do me a favour let's play Holi". KK: "I'll be shooting in Goa for Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd. So, no Holi! Mohit Ahlawat: "I'll be shooting with Ramuji (Ram Gopal Varma). And since he doesn't believe in playing Holi, I guess we'll have no celebrations on the sets. I remember back home in Haryana, Holi was a time of masti with the family. Do I miss home at Holi? Nope. Too busy to miss anything! Sammir Dattani: I have some really fond memories of some really wild times with my friends during Holi. We would dunk our friends into coloured water and dance to "Aaj na chorenge bas humjoli..." Very filmy but very real stuff. Holi used to be a huge affair for our family. But now, with an element of indecency creeping into the festival, we don't want to go beyond some mild celebrations, and that too at home. Rajiv Khandelwal: Right now I have time, so I am spending time with my family in Jaipur for Holi. But I am not really a Holi person. Given a choice, I'd rather curl up in my room with a drink and a book. Sujoy Ghosh: I am a Holi person. Love the colours. But dad passed away. No Holi. Sohail Khan: Celebrating Holi with my kid and his friends. Smriti Malhotra Irani: It's a day set aside for family and friends. The day will start with traditional rituals. Then people will start to coming in. We have already begun preparations. Victor Banerjee: Will be placing gulaal at Lord Krishna's feet, then at my parents' feet. After sunset will dine at a fabulous Argentinean restaurant, 20 minutes away from my hotel in Houston. Deepti Naval: Will have a ball playing Holi at my home in Madh Island. Shabana Azmi: Shooting in Goa. Only Zoya (Javed Akhtar's daughter) who is producing my film could make me stay away from home during Holi. Abba (dad Kaifi Azmi) loved Holi. It was an open house every year for us. Plenty of bhang, lots of besura singing and a fixed menu. Farah Khan: I'll be hiding. I don't like playing Holi at all. Simi Garewal: I'll be locked up in my house and hide under the bed if friends descend on me...as I have done every year. Nakul Vaid: Shooting next day. Can't afford to have colour on my face. But otherwise I have had truly memorable Holi celebrations in the past with my family and friends. My best friend and I are quite notorious. We pull out all our friends from hiding, especially those who don't want to play. But please, not strangers. Holi is to be enjoyed with friends.
enjoy!!

mango-frost IF-Stunnerz
mango-frost
mango-frost

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:26am | IP Logged
thanks Smile
~~*Anjali*~~ IF-Dazzler
~~*Anjali*~~
~~*Anjali*~~

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:42am | IP Logged
thanks
dr_naj1 Groupbie