Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Shyamal Mitra popular singers of Bengal (Page 4)

nonny Goldie
nonny
nonny

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by appa_d

Originally posted by Barnali

Shyamal Mitra even had few hindi songs to his credit. He gav music to three very famous movies Safed Jhoot, Anand Ashram and Amanush.

My fav among his hindi songs is Saara Pyaar Tumhara Maine Bandh Liya hai Aanchal Mein. It's from the movie anamd ashram by Kishore and asha. It's too gud.

My bhabi sang sara pyar in a get together and made my bhai fall for her :-))
I like that song. But i like 'Amaar shopno' more. I like songs of amanush (both hindi and bengali). Bipin babu-r karon sudha.....who wont fall for it LOLLOL Kishore sang it so well too.

No one can forget bipin babur karan shudha. uttam and kishore together. bst combination.

Hey, i hope you also like Geeta Dutt : (i just love these songs)
ei shundore shornali
nishiraat banka chaand :-)
Tumi je amaar

(Sorry, I mentioned Geeta dutt in shyamal. but she sang only a few songs. they should have made hindi of these three too. Such lovely songs!!!!)

aah Rupa..... am so glad that u mentioned Geeta Dutt coz she's one of my favs too.....have ya heard her "Kaacher churir chota...cheyabaji cholona" & of course who could let go of the inimitable alluring romantic number "Tumi je amar" from the Uttam/Suchitra starrer "Harano Sur" like u mentioned.....just love that tantalizing drawl in Geetaji's sweet voice with that hint of laziness.....mindblowing! when one savours the teasing tone in her "Nishiraat bakachaand akashe" can't help but feel that she makes that subtle promise but doesn't actually reveal much.Her hindi scores as in "Hum aapke aankhon mein is dil ko chupa le toh" & "Meri jaan mujhe jaan na kahon meri jaan"  are so captivating that it leaves room for more to be desired......& then there is her cajoling with the age ol' art of seduction in "Na jao saiyaan chura ke baiyaan" in Sahib, biwi aur ghulam which is kinda intoxicating & who would escape the unparallal "Waqt ne kiya kya si sitam" from the renowned flick "Kagaz ke phool".....

While on the current subject of discussion as in Shyamal Mitra.....have to add this number from Amanush as in "Janina aaj je apon kal she kano por hoye jai".....now that's trully divine.....if I may say so.Also there is this impish score with that touch of mischief from the same movie "Amanush" as in "Jodi hoi chorkanta oi sharir phade" which can't be ignored at best as it speaks volumes for Shyamal Mitra's versatality.

Edited by nonny - 16 March 2006 at 12:57pm

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
nonny ji,
thanks for reminding me **********
Janina aaj je apon kal she kano por hoye jai".....
Shyamal Mitra's versatality very true.

Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Shyamal Mitra even had few hindi songs to his credit. He gav music to three very famous movies Safed Jhoot, Anand Ashram and Amanush.

My fav among his hindi songs is Saara Pyaar Tumhara Maine Bandh Liya hai Aanchal Mein. It's from the movie anamd ashram by Kishore and asha. It's too gud.

I've never heard Shyamal Mitra. Will, on the Calcutta web site.

Anand Ashram and AManush are his? WOW! Some fantastic songs in there!Big smile

Same here Abhi. Never knew those two pictures were his music direction. Thanks everyone.

appa_d Groupbie
appa_d
appa_d

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nonny

I like that song. But i like 'Amaar shopno' more. I like songs of amanush (both hindi and bengali). Bipin babu-r karon sudha.....who wont fall for it LOLLOL Kishore sang it so well too.

No one can forget bipin babur karan shudha. uttam and kishore together. bst combination.

ei shundore shornali
Tumi je amaar

(Sorry, I mentioned Geeta dutt in shyamal. but she sang only a few songs. they should have made hindi of these three too. Such lovely songs!!!!)

aah Rupa..... am so glad that u mentioned Geeta Dutt coz she's one of my favs too.....have ya heard her "Kaacher churir chota...cheyabaji cholona" & of course who could let go of the inimitable alluring romantic number "Tumi je amar" from the Uttam/Suchitra starrer "Harano Sur" like u mentioned.....just love that tantalizing drawl in Geetaji's sweet voice with that hint of laziness.....mindblowing! when one savours the teasing tone in her "Nishiraat bakachaand akashe" can't help but feel that she makes that subtle promise but doesn't actually reveal much.Her hindi scores as in "Hum aapke aankhon mein is dil ko chupa le toh" & "Meri jaan mujhe jaan na kahon meri jaan"  are so captivating that it leaves room for more to be desired......& then there is her cajoling with the age ol' art of seduction in "Na jao saiyaan chura ke baiyaan" in Sahib, biwi aur ghulam which is kinda intoxicating & who would escape the unparallal "Waqt ne kiya kya si sitam" from the renowned flick "Kagaz ke phool".....

While on the current subject of discussion as in Shyamal Mitra.....have to add this number from Amanush as in "Janina aaj je apon kal she kano por hoye jai".....now that's trully divine.....if I may say so.Also there is this impish score with that touch of mischief from the same movie "Amanush" as in "Jodi hoi chorkanta oi sharir phade" which can't be ignored at best as it speaks volumes for Shyamal Mitra's versatality.

nonny, i must admit, its been some time that I have been reading your msgs (say Jan, although have started writing only recently). I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Credit goes to your descriptive excellence....couldnt resist to praise.

I just found one thread where they are discussing Geeta Dutt. Chek it out.

Only few hours back i was thinking of all the songs from amanush and anada ashram. Chain of thoughts did take me to the same conclusion - shyamal's versatality. Wish he had given more (atleast some more) :-)

sm_79 Groupbie
sm_79
sm_79

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
     Great post...nice to c so many Bengalis getting nostalgic bout the Golden era of Bengali music.
     Most of my favorite songs by Shyamal Mitra have already been spoken of....but one song I really njoy listening to is Dolay Dodul Dolay Dulona....I didn't c this song mentioned...(I think sorry if it has been)....n the song was composed by Shyamal-babu himself. Really a versatile artist....who just didn't get to blossom fully.
     Thanx everybody for reminding me of some very good oldies....thank u from the bottom of my heart!:)
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sm_79

Great post...nice to c so many Bengalis getting nostalgic bout the Golden era of Bengali music.
     Most of my favorite songs by Shyamal Mitra have already been spoken of....but one song I really njoy listening to is Dolay Dodul Dolay Dulona....I didn't c this song mentioned...(I think sorry if it has been)....n the song was composed by Shyamal-babu himself. Really a versatile artist....who just didn't get to blossom fully.
     Thanx everybody for reminding me of some very good oldies....thank u from the bottom of my heart!:)
Dolay Dodul Dolay Dulona....I didn't c this song mentioned...(I think sorry if it has been)....n the song was composed by Shyamal-babu himself.

Thanks you  for reminding me that song totally forgot about it. Really get very emotional when I get into these kinds of Cultural Value and good memories. FALA ASHA DIN GULO.  

Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nonny

ei shundore shornali
Tumi je amaar

nonny, i must admit, its been some time that I have been reading your msgs (say Jan, although have started writing only recently). I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Credit goes to your descriptive excellence....couldnt resist to praise.

I just found one thread where they are discussing Geeta Dutt. Chek it out.

Only few hours back i was thinking of all the songs from amanush and anada ashram. Chain of thoughts did take me to the same conclusion - shyamal's versatality. Wish he had given more (atleast some more) :-)

He did lot of work in Bangla. In hindi he did not do much. Yes he was versatile. Amanush songs are really very good ones. Both these movies were I think made from the bengali movie with the same name. And even in the Bengali movie the MD is Shyamal Mitra.

Bonie Groupbie
Bonie
Bonie

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:54am | IP Logged
How could I download those songs of Shymal Mitra? I became so much nostalgic when I was reading your posts. I like Manabendra too.

Go to top