Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: Qwest

Hi my dear all Bagali Bhai O Bnara any have this song Pleas pardon me for my spelling in Bangla try to write the way it sound. I am sure this song was sing by him need help. By Shyamal Mitra Da

O Nodi Ra Ekty kotha Sudhai Sudhu Tomara

Bolo kothai Tomar Desh Tomar Nay ki choler Sash

As barnali mentioned, this one is by Hemanta. You can hear it on musicindiaonline - http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/15/s/artist.646/

Thanks a million my first Song I have learned when I was in school a young boy. What beautiful Song.

Thanks appa_d and Barnalidi. It's just too good. And then Hemanta...😛 He is always the best........

Can we have some songs by Shyamal Mitra. Then we can get to know him better. I have never heard him that closely. aapa_d do you any then do post....

Qwest thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

As barnali mentioned, this one is by Hemanta. You can hear it on musicindiaonline - http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/15/s/artist.646/

Thanks a million my first Song I have learned when I was in school a young boy. What beautiful Song.

Thanks appa_d and Barnalidi. It's just too good. And then Hemanta...😛 He is always the best........

Can we have some songs by Shyamal Mitra. Then we can get to know him better. I have never heard him that closely. aapa_d do you any then do post....

Bhaskar ji,

Good link for his song. Hope you will enjoy his song. Trying to get to find his Biography on his life there is not much that I can find on him.

http://ww.smashits.com/music/bengali/songs/56/best-of-shyama l-mitra.html

*Jaya* thumbnail
I love 'seidiner shona jhhara sandhya..' 😳

Also 'Gaane bhuban bhoriye debe..'
'Naam rekhechhi bonolata..'

Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayc1234

I love 'seidiner shona jhhara sandhya..' 😳

Also 'Gaane bhuban bhoriye debe..'
'Naam rekhechhi bonolata..'

You are so  right great song.

When I read and get indulge with any Bangla Music, Book or see some Good Drama (NATOK).Pardon my Spelling

MON CHAI SHOB KICHU CHARA DIYA

CHOLA-GHAI ABAR FERA

AMAR SHYE CHOTUO NIRA

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago
nonny thumbnail
Originally posted by: appa_d

Hey, i hope you also like Geeta Dutt : (i just love these songs)
ei shundore shornali
nishiraat banka chaand :-)
Tumi je amaar

(Sorry, I mentioned Geeta dutt in shyamal. but she sang only a few songs. they should have made hindi of these three too. Such lovely songs!!!!)

aah Rupa..... am so glad that u mentioned Geeta Dutt coz she's one of my favs too.....have ya heard her "Kaacher churir chota...cheyabaji cholona" & of course who could let go of the inimitable alluring romantic number "Tumi je amar" from the Uttam/Suchitra starrer "Harano Sur" like u mentioned.....just love that tantalizing drawl in Geetaji's sweet voice with that hint of laziness.....mindblowing! when one savours the teasing tone in her "Nishiraat bakachaand akashe" can't help but feel that she makes that subtle promise but doesn't actually reveal much.Her hindi scores as in "Hum aapke aankhon mein is dil ko chupa le toh" & "Meri jaan mujhe jaan na kahon meri jaan"  are so captivating that it leaves room for more to be desired......& then there is her cajoling with the age ol' art of seduction in "Na jao saiyaan chura ke baiyaan" in Sahib, biwi aur ghulam which is kinda intoxicating & who would escape the unparallal "Waqt ne kiya kya si sitam" from the renowned flick "Kagaz ke phool".....

While on the current subject of discussion as in Shyamal Mitra.....have to add this number from Amanush as in "Janina aaj je apon kal she kano por hoye jai".....now that's trully divine.....if I may say so.Also there is this impish score with that touch of mischief from the same movie "Amanush" as in "Jodi hoi chorkanta oi sharir phade" which can't be ignored at best as it speaks volumes for Shyamal Mitra's versatality.

Edited by nonny - 18 years ago
Qwest thumbnail
nonny ji,
thanks for reminding me **********
Janina aaj je apon kal she kano por hoye jai".....
Shyamal Mitra's versatality very true.

Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

I've never heard Shyamal Mitra. Will, on the Calcutta web site.

Anand Ashram and AManush are his? WOW! Some fantastic songs in there!😃

Same here Abhi. Never knew those two pictures were his music direction. Thanks everyone.

appa_d thumbnail
Originally posted by: nonny

aah Rupa..... am so glad that u mentioned Geeta Dutt coz she's one of my favs too.....have ya heard her "Kaacher churir chota...cheyabaji cholona" & of course who could let go of the inimitable alluring romantic number "Tumi je amar" from the Uttam/Suchitra starrer "Harano Sur" like u mentioned.....just love that tantalizing drawl in Geetaji's sweet voice with that hint of laziness.....mindblowing! when one savours the teasing tone in her "Nishiraat bakachaand akashe" can't help but feel that she makes that subtle promise but doesn't actually reveal much.Her hindi scores as in "Hum aapke aankhon mein is dil ko chupa le toh" & "Meri jaan mujhe jaan na kahon meri jaan"  are so captivating that it leaves room for more to be desired......& then there is her cajoling with the age ol' art of seduction in "Na jao saiyaan chura ke baiyaan" in Sahib, biwi aur ghulam which is kinda intoxicating & who would escape the unparallal "Waqt ne kiya kya si sitam" from the renowned flick "Kagaz ke phool".....

While on the current subject of discussion as in Shyamal Mitra.....have to add this number from Amanush as in "Janina aaj je apon kal she kano por hoye jai".....now that's trully divine.....if I may say so.Also there is this impish score with that touch of mischief from the same movie "Amanush" as in "Jodi hoi chorkanta oi sharir phade" which can't be ignored at best as it speaks volumes for Shyamal Mitra's versatality.

nonny, i must admit, its been some time that I have been reading your msgs (say Jan, although have started writing only recently). I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Credit goes to your descriptive excellence....couldnt resist to praise.

I just found one thread where they are discussing Geeta Dutt. Chek it out.

Only few hours back i was thinking of all the songs from amanush and anada ashram. Chain of thoughts did take me to the same conclusion - shyamal's versatality. Wish he had given more (atleast some more) :-)

sm_79 thumbnail
     Great post...nice to c so many Bengalis getting nostalgic bout the Golden era of Bengali music.
     Most of my favorite songs by Shyamal Mitra have already been spoken of....but one song I really njoy listening to is Dolay Dodul Dolay Dulona....I didn't c this song mentioned...(I think sorry if it has been)....n the song was composed by Shyamal-babu himself. Really a versatile artist....who just didn't get to blossom fully.
     Thanx everybody for reminding me of some very good oldies....thank u from the bottom of my heart!:)
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: sm_79

Great post...nice to c so many Bengalis getting nostalgic bout the Golden era of Bengali music.
     Most of my favorite songs by Shyamal Mitra have already been spoken of....but one song I really njoy listening to is Dolay Dodul Dolay Dulona....I didn't c this song mentioned...(I think sorry if it has been)....n the song was composed by Shyamal-babu himself. Really a versatile artist....who just didn't get to blossom fully.
     Thanx everybody for reminding me of some very good oldies....thank u from the bottom of my heart!:)

Dolay Dodul Dolay Dulona....I didn't c this song mentioned...(I think sorry if it has been)....n the song was composed by Shyamal-babu himself.

Thanks you  for reminding me that song totally forgot about it. Really get very emotional when I get into these kinds of Cultural Value and good memories. FALA ASHA DIN GULO.