Posted: 18 years ago
Yes, I've seen that interview of Lata where she commended Nutan. Even I noticed that Nutan hummed "Manamohana" quite well. I get highly irritated when beautifully made-up actresses "sing" songs without so much as their throats moving.
Sulakshana Pandit has playbacked in all her movies....her younger sister Vijayta who is married to Aadesh srivastava has also sung in some of the flicks.

Originally posted by punjini

. I get highly irritated when beautifully made-up actresses "sing" songs without so much as their throats moving.

Sharmila Tagore was one who did that...she wanted to smile and make faces and sing at the same time!

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Sharmila 😳

Sorry AD...I didnt know thats how u felt!...But at ur age u should be thinking more about Soha Ali!

Originally posted by anshu03

Priyanka Chopra is to sing in one of her forth coming movies and what I have heard of her, she does not have a bad voice. She came on Simi show and sang very well.
Another actress who as per me can give some recent singers a run for a money is Juhi Chawla. She has learnt classical singing and Boy can she sing ! Did any of you guys hear her in the Zee awards (i think last year) where she sang Kal Ho na ho ! That was live.
But somehow she is not singing any song in a movie, i think some MD should be soon able to convince her coz in he recent lot she is the best.

Ya Anshu...both Juhi and priyanka are vocally trained...Hope we do get to hear Juhi in a forthcoming movie!

And how could I have left out..Uma devi...better known as TunTun....of the "afsana likh rahi hoon dile bekrara ka..." fame...Can anyone tell me some more songs sung by her?
Lehron pe lehar (Chhabili, 1960, with Nutan)
This magnetic number composed by the sadly-underutilised Snehal Bhatkar gets a electric charge from Hemant Kumar's amorous Aaja aaja. Guess who is Hemant's fellow singer in this song? Nutan!
Nutan also sang the lilting solo Aye mere humsafar from the same film, a home production for her and sister Tanuja's launchpad.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/movies/2002/oct/07dinesh.htm
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Sharmila 😳

Bengali againπŸ˜‰
aha... so the singer was kareena...
man, that song realllllllllllllllllly
sucks
its not only her raggy singing
its the daftness of the music
Originally posted by giggles_2005

Sorry AD...I didnt know thats how u felt!...But at ur age u should be thinking more about Soha Ali!

Maybe it's the Summer of 42 happening. 😊