Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

SONU NIGAM'S EXPLAINATION

Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

Sonu Nigam  and his co-judges Anu Malik and Farah Khan  staged a walk-out from Indian Idol  on Tuesday after talented contestant Ameya Date was eliminated.

Sonu explains, "As a judge on Indian Idol I realise that I can't afford to be particularly fond of any contestant.  But yes, I do feel Ameya has a  great future. He got eliminated because he didn't sing well enough on  Tuesday. However, having said  that, I must say I don't regret walking out  after Ameya's elimination.  We had to ring a warning bell in the audience's mind. We don't know what stand to take now. We're confused. The channel (Sony TV) say that we have to go by audience poll since that's the format for Idol all over the world."

"Our walk-out had nothing to do with Anuj. For, it isn't Anuj's fault if he got more votes than Ameya," he adds. "I apologised to Anuj. I know our walk-out can't bring Ameya back. But they cannot disqualify good talent like this. In fact, rowdies at the recording got very aggressive and said, 'This  is Sony channel, not Sonu's channel'. It's foolish to choose talent based on region and caste."

Sonu admits that he supports talent like Ameya because he never got  similar support during his struggling days.

Meanwhile Ameya Date  sees his ouster from Indian Idol as a challenge. "As far as Indian Idol is concerned I've come as far as destiny had to bring me. That Sonu Nigam, Anu Malik and Farah Khan actually  protested on my behalf moved me deeply," he says. "I want to apologise to them  for not having lived up to their expectations. At the same time I feel happy to have got as far as I have. I feel I've received more love and attention from people than I could ever dream of. It's just my bad luck that I got eliminated. Every day can't be the same. And maybe on Tuesday my performance wasn't up to the mark. I was  eliminated as per the rules and regulations of Indian Idol. So I've no  reason to complain." Ameya hasn't yet decided on a course of action. "I'll do something in the field of music, of course," he says. "I want to do playback singing for films. After I was eliminated on Tuesday Anu Malik promised he would look out for me. I'm happy that I reached the Top 4 in Indian Idol. I feel I've gained from this in ways that this immediate defeat of elimination can't take away from me. I may not be the Indian Idol, but I'm the people's favourite."

avtab IF-Dazzler
avtab
avtab

PRC’s most helpful (Vaishali)

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
i think if they cannot change the format they sd stop this kind of program. this bcom gamling now. singers like race ki ghori n logo ne paisa lagaraha he jo jitna laga saktahe
mango-frost IF-Stunnerz
mango-frost
mango-frost

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
he surely is the people's favorite!!! go amey!!!! Clap

i agree with sonu...itz not anuj's fault at all that he got higher votes (tho i feel voting has nothing to do with ameys elimination) but watever it maybe...itz not anuj's fault
~@$hm@~ IF-Sizzlerz
~@$hm@~
~@$hm@~

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by srk_lover

he surely is the people's favorite!!! go amey!!!! Clap

i agree with sonu...itz not anuj's fault at all that he got higher votes (tho i feel voting has nothing to do with ameys elimination) but watever it maybe...itz not anuj's fault

I agree wid u

sensation87 IF-Sizzlerz
sensation87
sensation87

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
wat sonu said amey didnt sing well on tuesday... sonu praised amey so much for both his performances then why is he backing off Ouch

I agree amey's elimination has nothing to do with anuj!
Amey definately has a bright future. II has lost all its charm after Amey's elimination!
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Sonu Nigam should of just stayed there and expressed his discontent with the voting process.

That's what I believe. This behavior is rash and childish.

I still Love Sonu, but I believe his behavior along with the others was inappropriate.
jugnu_mast Newbie
jugnu_mast
jugnu_mast

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
its just cheap publicity nothing more...sony has low ratings.aal there progg sucks bigtime.

Edited by jugnu_mast - 15 March 2006 at 11:57pm
avtab IF-Dazzler
avtab
avtab

PRC’s most helpful (Vaishali)

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sensation87

wat sonu said amey didnt sing well on tuesday... sonu praised amey so much for both his performances then why is he backing off Ouch

I agree amey's elimination has nothing to do with anuj!
Amey definately has a bright future. II has lost all its charm after Amey's elimination!

He is like tat. can't rely on these people Angry

Go to top