Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Thanks, Qwest but who wrote the above article?
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

Thanks, Qwest but who wrote the above article?

punjini ji,  Sorry I do not know the name who wrote that article but sure will try to find the name of the writer for you.

Edited by Qwest - 16 years ago
vasamv thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Absolutely illuminating articles.Please keep it up while we also discuss little champs.
Worldspace is one radio channel which keeps classical music alive for 24 hours every day.
advil thumbnail

An Interview with Shubha Mudgal by Kumud Merani on SBS Radio....

Play MP3 | Play Real

Source : http://www.radio.sbs.com.au/language.php?news=arts&langu age=Hindi

Check this out.Her views on classical singing, Sufi music is very interesting.

Edited by advil - 16 years ago
trishancku thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My beliefs are part of my music:Shubha Mudgal

20 Nov 2007, 0000 hrs IST
,Deepika Sahu,TNN

There's something endearing about her as she extends her hand and tells "just be careful of that step." For a second, your mind goes back to that almost magical image of versatile vocalist Shubha Mudgal singing 'Ab Ke Sawan'.

It brings back a thousand splendid memories of rain, music and intensity. Clad in a beautiful sari with her trademark bindi, she exudes energy and modesty during her recent visit to the city for the Times Ahmedabad Festival.

For this Allahabad born musician, music has always been a part of growing up. A keen student of classical music, she says, "Indian classical music has not been a form of protest like poetry and literature. Classical music is all about bhakti and patron." Taking a cue from her own musical journey, Shubha says, "However, the change is happening now. Only when the change gets accepted, it takes the praiseworthy form of 'experimentation.' Till then one has to live with a lot of names but not necessarily good ones."

With a note of clarity, she says, "My beliefs and concerns are part of my music. My music defines me as an individual. In addition to music, I also find words equally powerful to express myself. But then music like other forms of art also depends upon the interpretation of listeners."

Shubha who has the distinction of being trained under gurus like Ram Ashray Jha, Vinay Chandra Maudgalya, Vasant Thakkar, Naina Devi,
Jitendra Abhisheki, and most notably, Kumar Gandharva, enjoys listening to different kinds of music. "Apart from Indian music, I listen to music from different countries. It's also a journey of discovery." Does she listen to Hindi film music? "Yes, very much," she says adding, "my favourite song is Lata Mangeshkar's 'Piya tose naina laage re' from Guide."

Ask Shubha about her almost iconic status among young music lovers and she says modestly, "It's not me. It's the power of music that breaks barriers."

A self-confessed techie, Shubha loves gadgets and enjoys surfing the net. "Mostly it's related to music. Now we are trying to promote young musicians through the web world."

She has a word of praise for Ahmedabad and its people. "Ahmedabad definitely has a musical taste as it has a rich tradition of folk music and bhakti music. I enjoy performing here."

A singer who has touched many hearts through her finely textured voice considers herself an optimist. Talking about young music lovers, she says, "In India, music is a huge umbrella. There's place for all kinds of music— from folk, tribal, classical, sufi to pop. Youngsters should enjoy the beauty of diversity. On that fine note, the conversation comes to an end.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/India_Buzz/ My_beliefs_are_part_of_my_musicShubha/articleshow/2551613.cm s