Harry Potter
Harry Potter

NEWS FOR THE DAY 16.03.06

albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:09pm | IP Logged

HP wins Outstanding Contribution award, new OOTP info

At the Sony Ericsson Empire Awards in London yesterday, the Harry Potter movies were honoured with the Empire Outstanding Contribution Award. Dan Radcliffe accepted the award, and Rupert Grint, Emma Watson and David Heyman were also present. Some pictures from the event can be seen at Getty Images.

In an interview with Empire, Dan, Rupert and David discuss Order of the Phoenix filming. Dan had this to say about David Yates: "The new director's fantastic. I've never been quite this pushed before, so regularly. He's really pushing Harry's emotional and psychological journey. But he also seems to have an incredible eye for sets and shoots and things."

albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:17pm | IP Logged

New Order of the Phoenix filming information

At the awards event (see post below), two interviews that give nice Order of the Phoenix updates were conducted with Dan, Rupert, and David Heyman.

Heyman was interviewed for a small article on Empire's website, updating us on Order of the Phoenix:

We've done a little bit of action so far. We've done some stuff involving centaurs and Grawp, who is Hagrid's 16ft brother. The kids have to act against a lot of blue screen for characters like Grawp, but thankfully they're used to that by now.

He also updated everyone on the schedule for filming:

We're actually shooting until the middle of May," said Heyman, "and then we break up for two months so the kids can do exams. Then we pick up in July and we shoot until October or November.

Additionally, Dan was quoted in an article from BBC1, where he talks about filming his first kissing scene in the series:

It'll be odd because one of my parents will be on set. It will be embarrassing but hopefully I'll work past that and be utterly professional but I'll probably keep screwing it up so that I can keep doing it.

Originally posted by tejas

Cheeky Hun "I'll probably keep screwing it up so that I can keep doing it. " Don't you think!!!!!

albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:19pm | IP Logged

Pictures, Video Clips of Trio, Heyman, Isaacs from Empire Film Awards

Update: We now have about 100 new hi-res pics of the Empire awards in our gallery!

Empire Magazine has updated their site withextensive coverageof last night's film awards to include some new video clips. You can now watch the presentation of the honorary Contribution to British Cinema Award which actor Jason Isaacs(Lucius Malfoy) presented, and film producer David Heyman accepted on behalf of the franchise. David gives a nice thank you spech, and he is joined on stage by Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, who also make short comments. You can also read the entire transcript of this presentation,here. There is also a new interview with actor Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) posted as well. To watch the videos, click here(Quicktime). Enjoy!
tensionqueen Newbie
tensionqueen
tensionqueen

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
LOL first kiss and shy !yoman.thats actually good . Wink From what ive read its not so bad. danshud get over it n da embaressment soon
Nishani IF-Dazzler
Nishani
Nishani

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Thanks alot for the reading.

And also welcome to the HP section of IF, tensionqueen (cool user ID, btw!).
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:02am | IP Logged
thanx....news is rocking Tongue
zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:28am | IP Logged
thanx 4 the rocking news Wink Smile
daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever