Members Lounge

A RIDDLE! ~~~

shweta1423 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

LOL I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A SECTION FOR RIDDLES TOO...I DONT KNOW IF I CAN PUT DA RIDDLES IN DA DEBATE MANSION...BUT OH WELL LOL...HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM... 😃

a large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long...the bridge can only hold 14000 pounds, which is da exact weight of the truck...da truck makes it half way across da bridge and stops..a bird lands on the truck..the bridge doesn't collapse..why not?

Edited by shweta1423 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
from personal experience both as an active memb of DM and as apart of IF dev team i dont think u can post riddles here. there really isnt much 2 debate abt it and this section isnt suitable 4 it....however, this is a great riddle and i have an answer but i will post it once the thread is in the right sections....ML wud b the ideal place to post such a thread because it is general and it gives a medium for members to interact with each other. Megz, Sam, Aparna di, Gms, Admin can 1 of u move it there plz
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Great riddle . I remember hearing it before . I will think about it !!

Ya as Jav said this isn't debatable so i will move it to the Members lounge.
nsa4657 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
intresting riddle!!
gonna think bout it!
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
ok so now tht it is in da rite section imma answer 😃

idk if itz rite and i neva hrd this b4 but heres my guess

wen it got half way ppl frm the truck got off so now the truck weighs less than the maximum capacity....these ppl walked off the bridge and since the bridge could hold more weight now the bird didnt effect it....besides the bird is light so it wudnt make tht big of a difference..but with ppl off the truck and not on the bridge there is more space
Pachu.P thumbnail
Ummm...Jav maybe right...but...what i think is that....maybe 1 person got off the truck...n....1 stayed n drove the truck to cross the bridge..n...since 1 got off....n....bird came...it didnt make ny difference!
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
thtz xactly wat i said pachu 😆 😆
lolz both of us can b rite 😉
CuteFairy91 thumbnail
I know I know. I heard this b4. lolz Actualy I asked it b4 too. 😆

Its doesnt collapse cuz when it is driven a 1/2 mile then there wud b less fuel/gas used from da total weigh of da truck.
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
god riddles r soo confusing