karunya makes it to top three

Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Karunya makes it to the top three
He hails from a family of singers. And no show completes without a performance by Karunya, while his father, N. C. Madhu, does the anchoring. It's not surprising then that he's made it to the top three of the Indian Idol part II. Trained from the age of three, Karunya is a child prodigy who started composing songs at the age of five. Chiru Sa Re Ga Ma Lu and Sai Madhuri are the two albums he composed apart from composing 200 songs and having done the playback singing for Vansham.

"Karunya is a versatile singer. His voice is original and he doesn't copy anybody," says his father Madhu, a technical officer in DRDO. Madhu's major regret is that the audience voted his son in the bottom three contestants category thrice. "He is a deserving singer and he sings without an iota of laxity," he says. However, Karunya is happy being the judges' favourite. "In the piano round Sonuji (Nigam) interrupted my performance, got up from his seat and clapped," says Karunya. "Farhaji said I am one of the finest singers in Indian Idol and have the potential to win. And Anuji said he sees his Indian idol in me. I hope the viewers appreciate my talent and vote for me."

What does he feel about being called the junior Abhishek Bachchan on the sets. "I like it but I don't think I resemble Abhishek." Resemblance or no resemblance his voice is his main asset. Says Karunya's mother Janaki, "He has the fire and a killer instinct. I am very proud to see him perform on the show with such confidence."

Impressing viewers is proving to be a tough proposition. "The problem in the South is that people are not great fans of Hindi channels. That's the reason why Karunya finished at the bottom, three times," feels Janaki.

But does he deserve to be the next Indian idol? "Well, I leave it to God and viewers," says Karunya who's presently pursuing his B. Tech from Krishna Reddy College of Engineering, Hyderabad.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cool water thumbnail
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? He's composed 200 songs??? 😲 No wonder Sony wants him to win!
indianman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks for the article.

It really cheered me up a lil to read something positive about karunya in IF.
Ifnot since yesterday i am reading only negetive stuff about other 3 contestants.
thanx for the article.
do u guys know even his sister composes music and has an album.
iluvvineet thumbnail
yayy!! i know him through my aunt..she's known him for sometime now..u might see her on indian idol cuz shes going to talk about him!! :D

sushi
anjali.nair thumbnail
Originally posted by: cool water

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? He's composed 200 songs??? 😲 No wonder Sony wants him to win!

did sony tell you that? is it a crime to compose music? he is talented so if he wins then he deserves it. sony or no sony.