Idol judges walk out:Sonu Nigam explains

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:56pm | IP Logged

Idol judges walk out

Sonu Nigam explains why

Subhash K Jha

Sonu Nigam  and his co-judges Anu Malik and Farah Khan  staged a walk-out from Indian Idol  on Tuesday after talented contestant Ameya Date was eliminated.

Sonu explains, "As a judge on Indian Idol I realise that I can't afford to be particularly fond of any contestant.  But yes, I do feel Ameya has a  great future. He got eliminated because he didn't sing well enough on  Tuesday. However, having said  that, I must say I don't regret walking out  after Ameya's elimination.  We had to ring a warning bell in the audience's mind. We don't know what stand to take now. We're confused. The channel (Sony TV) say that we have to go by audience poll since that's the format for Idol all over the world."

"Our walk-out had nothing to do with Anuj. For, it isn't Anuj's fault if he got more votes than Ameya," he adds. "I apologised to Anuj. I know our walk-out can't bring Ameya back. But they cannot disqualify good talent like this. In fact, rowdies at the recording got very aggressive and said, 'This  is Sony channel, not Sonu's channel'. It's foolish to choose talent based on region and caste."

Sonu admits that he supports talent like Ameya because he never got  similar support during his struggling days.

Meanwhile Ameya Date  sees his ouster from Indian Idol as a challenge. "As far as Indian Idol is concerned I've come as far as destiny had to bring me. That Sonu Nigam, Anu Malik and Farah Khan actually  protested on my behalf moved me deeply," he says. "I want to apologise to them  for not having lived up to their expectations. At the same time I feel happy to have got as far as I have. I feel I've received more love and attention from people than I could ever dream of. It's just my bad luck that I got eliminated. Every day can't be the same. And maybe on Tuesday my performance wasn't up to the mark. I was  eliminated as per the rules and regulations of Indian Idol. So I've no  reason to complain." Ameya hasn't yet decided on a course of action. "I'll do something in the field of music, of course," he says. "I want to do playback singing for films. After I was eliminated on Tuesday Anu Malik promised he would look out for me. I'm happy that I reached the Top 4 in Indian Idol. I feel I've gained from this in ways that this immediate defeat of elimination can't take away from me. I may not be the Indian Idol, but I'm the people's favourite."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=31506964

*Sweet.Sabz* IF-Sizzlerz
*Sweet.Sabz*
*Sweet.Sabz*

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
tnx Big smile

but y is Amey apologizin ...he sang really well ...its not his fault dat he was voted out Confused
pateh23 Senior Member
pateh23
pateh23

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
i though amey sang the best outta anuj n sandy
sumesh IF-Stunnerz
sumesh
sumesh

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
"He got eliminated because he didn't sing well enough on Tuesday."

Sonu saying AMey didnt sing well? If so why this drama?

Just to show he is nto biased on any candidates ?
x-zarqa-x IF-Rockerz
x-zarqa-x
x-zarqa-x

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
i dnt think amey should of got voted out.
but i dnt get y the judges walked out.
it was up to the pupil. so theres no point in hving a rematch.
but i still think amey should of got through
~RexKiRani~ IF-Sizzlerz
~RexKiRani~
~RexKiRani~

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
amey dint sing up to the point...wat the hell..he sand reely good and i hope he has a bright future
lilyrose IF-Dazzler
lilyrose
lilyrose

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing! I know Amey will succeed!
babli1 Senior Member
babli1
babli1

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
amey has very bright future as singer...for sure

Go to top