Rules & Announcements

India-Forums

Rules & Announcements
Rules & Announcements

Contest On Hold for Balloon Recalculation (Page 41)

jaysp Goldie
jaysp
jaysp

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:21am | IP Logged
I don't think the # of balloons increase if we don't answer the questions, if so why reclaim the balloons that are pending over 24 hours?
If I don't answer a question and leave it pending and if it adds to my balloon count then the sender's balloon count should decrease. Right?
Then why not send balloons to people who are obviously not playing and hope that they never answer the questions. I don't get it.

Anyways I was so mad that my balloon count was increasing for no reason that I went and gave a whole bunch of wrong answers and increased my balloon count Smile. I guess I don't care anymore so send me questions and I will answer them at random - eene meene mani mo - and pick an answer.
Now I am going to increase my count. I see some people have 300 + balloons - like 338 and now that goal I can easily achieve. But I will not give purposefully wrong answers, If I know the answer offhand I will give the right answer but if I don't then I am not google searching anymore.

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:38am | IP Logged
My count is also has remained constant/increased since yesterday probably bec'se some questions were left pending, but one thing which has surprised me a lot is that I am getting lots of balloons back which means somehow many of my questions are being answered wrongly. Confused I am also reclaiming my balloons are majority of my balloons are not being answered. Confused

That must be the case with you also, jaysp.
pams309 IF-Dazzler
pams309
pams309

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:53am | IP Logged
hey deepak
i dont think its tat way. you send balloons, they remain in transit till they r answered. othrwise, you will get thm bak whn u reclaim. but senders who dont answer even aftr 24 hrs. the balloon will get splashed on them n their balloon count increases. when recievers of qns, answers thm wrongly you will balloon count will decrease. but i really donno wat happns whn they answer correctly..
anyways lots of confusion...i forgot abt this scoring system...i am jus playing without bothering much.
jaysp Goldie
jaysp
jaysp

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:20am | IP Logged
When a recepient answers your question correctly, the sender of the balloon gets the balloon back. There is no change in total # of balloons for either the sender or the reciever of the balloon.
In this scenario, the sender of the balloon's total # of balloon remains the same. The number of 'ballons in transit' decreases by one and 'number of balloons in tub' increases by 1 - end result no change in total # of balloons but now you have one more balloon to send and hope somebody answers it incorrectly.
The only way to win this game is send balloon to people who dont care and answer them at random and answer them incorrectly. That would mean send it to people who have more balloons. I am going to be one of them soon. So, send it to me and I will answer it incorrectly for you so I feel that I am helping people out in this game.
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:31am | IP Logged
No, AFAIK, if the receiver answers your questions correctly then your count will decrease by 1 but his/her will remain the same.
jaysp Goldie
jaysp
jaysp

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Thats not correct Solidsnake. The ONLY way to decrease your ballon is for somebody to answer your question incorrectly!
jaysp Goldie
jaysp
jaysp

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Yeah, I finished answering all my questions. My balloon count went up from 159 to 215 - I helped out 56 people! Great!
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Jay,

Strange thigs are happening, most of my balloons are coming back, that means people who I sent them have replied them wrongly....strange! Confused

As the receiver of a balloon you have 24 hours to respond to the question or else the balloon will splash on you (adding 1 balloon to your count). But in such cases the advantage will not be passed on to the sender. The sender will receive his/her pending balloon back and it will be re-added to his/her total balloon count. As the member will be nearing the Zero mark the questions he will be recieving will get difficult so that we can enjoy the game for a longer period of time.

Go to top