Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

How Bollywood celebrates Holi!

sonalkhullar IF-Rockerz
sonalkhullar
sonalkhullar

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

As Holi inches closer, the stars appear to be all geared up to splash each other with colour. Or just hide indoors. This is what some of them have to say about the festival of colour.

Hrithik Roshan

Generally, Holi is a grand affair for my folks and me. But I'll be shooting for a song (in Dhoom 2) in Rio de Janeiro. Thanks for reminding me of what I'm going to miss back home!

Kunal Kapoor

I'm not doing anything on Holi. I have a photo session the next day, so I can't afford to risk colour on my face. I suppose I'll just chill at home.

Vidya Balan

I stopped playing Holi when I was in school because it started becoming an excuse for lewd behaviour. Playing with colour is fun but, beyond that, I don't enjoy it. In Mumbai especially, I feel the streets aren't safe for women during the festival. It is impossible for women to step out of their homes. I don't even step out the day before. I think it should be played with people you know. You have no right to get boisterous with strangers. Invasion of privacy is hardly a way to celebrate.

But in non-metropolitan places like Madhya Pradesh, the essence of the festival is still alive.

Dino Morea

I love Holi. It's the time to disco! My brothers and I have had some wild times in Bangalore. In Mumbai, it's far less fun. Here, we go to a friend's house for a party and get coloured up!

Raima Sen

I'm shooting for Reema Kagti's Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd in Goa. Let's see what the unit has in mind...

Shabana Azmi

I'm shooting in Goa. Only Zoya (Javed Akhtar's daughter), who's producing my film, could make me stay away from home during Holi. Abba (dad Kaifi Azmi) loved Holi. It's an open house for us every year -- plenty of bhang, besura singing and a fixed menu.

Madhur Bhandarkar

I have a toothache, so I will have a small-scale Holi with my wife and close friends. But Holi in the film industry was synonymous with RK Studios. Raj Kapoor and later, Randhir and Rishi, used to throw lavish bashes. I attended two of them. It was like watching Bollywood's who's who marching in and out of the RK compound. Now, there's Amitabh Bachchan's Holi bash.

lilyrose IF-Dazzler
lilyrose
lilyrose

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
thx!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top