Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Pagla Kaun ? It's us..... (Page 2)

ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Clap Well Said!

The loosers are us. Now people are going to vote more and more to make their favourite win. Mainly because their scared to lose their favourite like Amey.

Sony will rake more money. IF we just bought our favourite singers their own albums with the sms money they would be better off.

abhi_rox Senior Member
abhi_rox
abhi_rox

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:18am | IP Logged
heloooooooooooooooooo????????????
wake up all of u
sony doesnt care abt u and me it only wants MONEY
it doesnt care if the best singer is out or if we r emotionally disturbed or anything else it only wants MONEY
money is why they r running the show and why they r letting multiple polling
uve gotta realise that due to this drama the trp is gonna go higher and thats what they want!!!!
Droid Newbie
Droid
Droid

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sangeetluv

You guys are crazy! Why will Sony follow 1 and 2 ? They make money by exactly doing 1 and 2.
Think of it, the whole point of voting system is to make money not to have a democratic rule !!
If they have one person one vote kinda rule (like election commision) who is at loss? Does Sony care if worthless singer becomes II?

Practically you're right in claiming that it's against conventional wisdom to deny money by adoptin 1 and 2. But look from another angle,  If Anuj/Sandeep become Idol this year, would you be following the Indian Idol - 3 next year as closely you're doing now ? SaReGaMaPa is a better alternative in India, which is practically absent in US (where I live).  US has Dancing with celebrities, Skating with Celebrities and other similar formatted shows, but no good singing talent hunt as American Idol !

What that mean is Zee SaRaGaMaPa is going to eat Sony fresh and alive next year if they don't increase the quality of II...... They should think about Indian Idols' long term future and revenue instead of short term SMS revenue and damaged reputation......

What say ? Wink

glamritz Goldie
glamritz
glamritz

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Droid

Originally posted by sangeetluv

You guys are crazy! Why will Sony follow 1 and 2 ? They make money by exactly doing 1 and 2.
Think of it, the whole point of voting system is to make money not to have a democratic rule !!
If they have one person one vote kinda rule (like election commision) who is at loss? Does Sony care if worthless singer becomes II?

Practically you're right in claiming that it's against conventional wisdom to deny money by adoptin 1 and 2. But look from another angle,  If Anuj/Sandeep become Idol this year, would you be following the Indian Idol - 3 next year as closely you're doing now ? SaReGaMaPa is a better alternative in India, which is practically absent in US (where I live).  US has Dancing with celebrities, Skating with Celebrities and other similar formatted shows, but no good singing talent hunt as American Idol !

What that mean is Zee SaRaGaMaPa is going to eat Sony fresh and alive next year if they don't increase the quality of II...... They should think about Indian Idols' long term future and revenue instead of short term SMS revenue and damaged reputation......

What say ? Wink

Clap very true .. they'll lose in the long run .

HariOm Goldie
HariOm
HariOm

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Great points Droid. Well written. You should put your main post and the Zee TV racing ahead stuff on sify website.

Who knows they may wake up
kothra IF-Stunnerz
kothra
kothra

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
hi
well said..
i agree wit u
Huzi
missnewyork Newbie
missnewyork
missnewyork

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
I am totally for this. I think the thread is very sensible. But since this is a formatted show and the same thing happens here in American Idol and also in British Idol, i think it would not be fair to say the sony TV. Indian idol is in line with American Idol. But i agree that the format needs to be changed.
Droid Newbie
Droid
Droid

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:07am | IP Logged
I sent mail to II on sifymax address about those suggestions, don't know whether it would help. Probably it goes directly to "Trash" folder....

Go to top