India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Indians- best ethnic group in U.S

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:29am | IP Logged
I was reading the latest- March 6 , Newsweek thats has the article "The New India" .

The article gave some very interesting facts , something we Indians probably already guessed but its good to read it in print.

Newsweek

"Indians come from one of the best - educated groups in the United States with 66.7% of adults over 25 holding at least a bachelors degree, compared with the National average of 27%, according to the U.S Census bureau. They're also earning more :their median household income of $67,424 per year is top among ethnic groups."
There are only 2.4 million Indians living in the U.S as per this article . A small but succesfull bunch !!Tongue

"Indians abroad have played a crucial role in opening up the mother Country. They return to India with money , investment ideas, global standards, and most important a sense that one could achive anything"

The article goes on to describe how fast India is growing .Its the second fastest growing nation currently in the World , the first being China .Its the most popular country to invest in just behind China and has passed the U.S.
"Foreign investments isn't the only thing driving growth. Homegrown successes like tech companies Infosys and Wipro and Wipro, and industrial conglomerate Tata, rank with the most prestigious companies in the World."

I enjoyed this article and wanted your opinions on it .

Edited by Aparna_BD - 15 March 2006 at 11:37am

Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
I agree fully with what the views of the article.

Indians - and here I include all from the Indian sub-continent - have excelled wherever they have gone and whatever they have done, including both in the English speaking and in the non-English speaking world. There is ample proof of this all around us and restating them would be superfulous.

Now, having proven our mettle in the East, Mid-East, Europe and the Americas, what next can we do?
Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by loonytunes

That just makes one so proud doesn't it? Tongue love, LT

Shouldn't that read one billion
Signora2 Goldie
Signora2
Signora2

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:26am | IP Logged
YiPpeeeeeeeeee Indians are doing very well basically due to adherence to middle class values the main stress being on good education, I dunno if we will be able to keep up the tempo.
I hope we excel in sports as well no gold medal till now in the Olympics. Confused
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Signora2

YiPpeeeeeeeeee Indians are doing very well basically due to adherence to middle class values the main stress being on good education, I dunno if we will be able to keep up the tempo.
I hope we excel in sports as well no gold medal till now in the Olympics.

signora the succes is due to middle class values as well as Indians openness to other cultures ( as per this article), and i totally agree . In fact this article said that India is one of the few nation that views U.S favourably , the other nation being U.S itself . LOLLOL83% of Americans view U.S favourably and 75% of the Indians view America favourably .
Basically this has helped in being open to other cultures especially U.S one of the largest Economies of the World ...........this can only be in India's favour . Big smile

As for Indians winning gold metals at the Olympics , i think Sports is a different issue with India and has reasons like its still not as organised and also its not given as much importance yet .

Edited by Aparna_BD - 16 March 2006 at 9:23am
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top