India-Forums

'no no to soap brigade' Ratna (Maya)

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:45am | IP Logged
'I don't want to be part of the soap brigade'
Wednesday, March 15, 2006  19:49 IST

Catching up with Ratna Pathak Shah, Maya of 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai'.

'The serial works and consequently so does Maya.'
"It's a well-written character with nuances. But it hasn't been difficult enacting it. It's one dimensional. It has the identifiability and sameness in differing situations. That's the formula for a successful sitcom.

'If given a good script I can play a funny character.'
We are all different people in changing contexts. Though my children would not find me funny (they regard me as grim), I am capable of enjoying humour. I may not generate it though.

'I don't want to be part of the soap opera brigade.'
I am blessed that the economics of living does not push me. So I can be choosy. If I were not, I would be an idiot!

'I have emulated Naseer'
Observing Naseer and working with him through decades has honed my creative abilities. He is extremely knowledgeable and has the ability to communicate his love for acting.

He has brought in a joy for living and stability.  He has given me two sons Imaad and Vivan. I would never have wanted to miss this for anything.'

'Naseer likes watching 'Sarabhai' by himself.'
I like it when he appreciates my work in a project he is not involved with.

'Supriya (Pathak) and I are as different as chalk and cheese.'
I am practical, rigid and fight the tide. She's a happier person and goes with the flow.

'I have never said no to films.'
But I haven't been offered much work so the question of refusing does not arise. People don't seem to think of me whilst casting. I am curious to explore films.

'Imaad is a little like both of us.'
Like Naseer, his ideas are original and he is not swayed by people. Like me he is comfortable with people and not nervous about them.

karukaru Senior Member
karukaru
karukaru

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:17am | IP Logged
thanks, good one
saff IF-Dazzler
saff
saff

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
thnxxxxxx

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top