Pakistani Serials

Your Views Please...

Maha21 IF-Rockerz
Maha21
Maha21

Sony Channel

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

There is a question that has been on my mind for quite some time now... I was watching the drama serial Riaysaat a few days back and in that episode, the parents were planning for their children's wedding... What surprised me was the fact that the fahter said that they will have to ask the maulvi for a good date for the marriage... I have never heard that before... I mean I've seen it in Indian dramas and movies but never heard of it in our culture... My question to you guys is:

1) Have you ever heard of that before?

2) Is it ok to ask maulvi first about what date would be best for a certain occasion especially marriage?

3) I know that there are certain Islamic months which people say are good for wedding or something like that but that is a common knowledge... Can't people for themselves decide what would be a good time or not?

4) Is there such a thing as a bad date to get married?

Farhanas Senior Member
Farhanas
Farhanas

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:07am | IP Logged
According to Islam every day is goog & there is no concept of good or bad dates or time, we just need a strong faith in Allah to do anything & stick with the fact that "Har cheez main Allah ki koee bari maslehat chupi hay" & Dua k "Ya Allah hamaray liay is kaam ko acha aur mubarak karna aur apni rehmat shamil rakhna", all other concepts are just taken from hindu culture, most of the things which we are practicing in pakistan are adopted from hindu culture, no matter if it is shadi or maut...
Shezaadi Goldie
Shezaadi
Shezaadi

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Yeah I was also wondering about this. I have never seen or heard about this before. I agree that any day is good for a wedding as long as you have Allah in your mind. But I had also read somewhere that in the month of Muharram weddings are not usually supposed to take place, because you have milads n stuff.

But I don't think that people should rely on dates and stuff for weddings and special occasions.

Areej
madiha_17 IF-Sizzlerz
madiha_17
madiha_17

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Well if it has happened then itz truly wrong.This is a part of hindu culture which I think should not b mingle with our culture.I havent seen this kind of thing b4, the script writer is adopting such thing frm Indian serials.I strongly belive that every day is the sameday, untill u think it differently.Allah better knows it perfectly thats why Allah planned the marriage or birth or death on the sameday.Itz just a kind of fake concept, which people have adopted that we should consult Maulvi sahab for the respective dates.

PLZ GUYZ ITZ A REQUEST COTE FOR ANURAGH BASU.MAke him win plz Tongue
amreen1409 IF-Dazzler
amreen1409
amreen1409

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maha21

Hey Guys,

There is a question that has been on my mind for quite some time now... I was watching the drama serial Riaysaat a few days back and in that episode, the parents were planning for their children's wedding... What surprised me was the fact that the fahter said that they will have to ask the maulvi for a good date for the marriage... I have never heard that before... I mean I've seen it in Indian dramas and movies but never heard of it in our culture... My question to you guys is:

1) Have you ever heard of that before?

Yes I hve heard that once... and I was shocked to hear that as well... but it was not that they were gonna ask molvi only about the date.. they were matching the stars as well.  That is soo much of shirk that you are believing on stars and not the God! Its sad too that muslims are adapting all this Unhappy

2) Is it ok to ask maulvi first about what date would be best for a certain occasion especially marriage?

As Farhana Aunty said, every day is a good day in Islam.  & I dont think its okay to ask.

3) I know that there are certain Islamic months which people say are good for wedding or something like that but that is a common knowledge... Can't people for themselves decide what would be a good time or not?

I agree... there are days when its called sunat to do certain things.. and people should follow it as much as possible.. days & times are not good or bad.. its us who makes it by our actions :)

4) Is there such a thing as a bad date to get married?

Nope... Larka larki raazi to kya karega qazi! LOLWink
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
waaaaaaat? Ouch Ouch Ouch

wat has the world come to?....this is sick and not right....in Islam theres NO WRONG DATE OR RIGHT DATE....ne daii is gud enuff....and 2 ask a maulvi? Ouch ....no1 needz 2 do tht..all this is an adaptation 2 hindu culture....y is it tht ppl in pak r following hindu culture? watz rong with our culture?
euro_pakigal Goldie
euro_pakigal
euro_pakigal

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:22am | IP Logged
hah jav its not so easy
ppl r more obsessed wid foreign cultures day by day especially sum pakistaniz
Angry
learn to live wid ure culture n stop trying to be "wanabees" u idiots
aik aik ko seeda kardungi!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
Born2rule Senior Member
Born2rule
Born2rule

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
heeh i am Scared Of euro_Pakigal and i m already a seedha bacha ....As Far as the drama dailouges are concrened they did it to Put some feel In the dailouge ... and fel dalnay kay chakkar main Apna Culture thora bhool gayee yeh log Tongue

Go to top