Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Open Letter to Sonu Nigam (Page 2)

prabal_cog Senior Member
prabal_cog
prabal_cog

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:13am | IP Logged
The Judges are acting FOOLISH

If Sonu/Amey/Farah thinks AMEY is so desrving let them give AMEY sing the entire Album for the farah khan directed new SRK movie - HAPPY NEW YEAR.Anu malik is the music director & Farah Khan is the director - so I dont see any problem here except Sonu has to leave the space for AMEY

Will they do that? - NO - NEVER

noname01 Goldie
noname01
noname01

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rolm

Dear Mr. Sonu Nigam,

After watching the episode last night where you flouted the rules and regulations set by the very show that PAYS you for the job you do, I sincerely hope that you will keep your word and NOT return to the show. You took a vow that "If Amey Date does not come back you will not be a part of this show". I sincerely hope that you will be true to your word.

You don't seem to understand two elementary things about democracy and rules. From the beginning of the show it was clearly stated that the person getting the least amount of public votes will be voted out. This week, that happened to be Amey. You however, want to change the rules of the game in the middle. Obviously it didn't occur to you that thousands of people voted with their own money to ensure that their favorite contestant remains in the show. Are you going to pay all those people back? You seem to be the kind of person who would revolt against the national government because the party of your preference doesn't win in a national election.

You had said that "if things are not right they should be changed". That's all fine and good. HOWEVER, the change has to come AFTER the process is completed. If you don't like the rules, then change it for the NEXT Indian Idol series. You can't change them after eliminating 9 contestants.

What's worse you put Farah Khan and Anu Malik in a difficult position by literally forcing them to leave the the stage with you. I used to respect you but no more.

Please go away from the show and never return. You have lost all credibility.

Regards,

Rolm

hilarious... seriously now, mail it to him!! LOL

he used to be my favorite judge and singer!! I hope he makes up for that drama next time.

true, he wasn't the only one who staged a walk out...but come on guys,
sonu is the most sensible (the other 2 don't count)!!

RonnieK IF-Rockerz
RonnieK
RonnieK

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
the judges did the right thing. Clap

this rule for public voting was messing up everything and they should do no more public voting because the public doesn't know how to vote.
mango-frost IF-Stunnerz
mango-frost
mango-frost

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
he didnt take a vow that he will leave if amey doesnt come back Confused

there were no vows involved
mm556 Goldie
mm556
mm556

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Rolm..
i agree with you 100% and still i love Amey Clap
nisha655 Senior Member
nisha655
nisha655

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Well my two cents on ur letter:

Sonu is a true musician and he could sense how it feels when real talent is voted out against far inferior contestants. What's the point of being part of a show where they have no role? The audience never votes acc to who should stay in and who should leave. He just made a protest against this.

Later he confessed on several news channels that he had just done what had seemed right to him then and he realized that since this was a formatted show, rules were rules.

As far as being scripted and stuff is concerned- that is for you to believe or not believe. It is true that all these reality shows do put in a bit of drama to add ratings but the basic fact remains- Amey got out and extremely undeservingly. Raising voice against it is in no way wrong.
avtab IF-Dazzler
avtab
avtab

PRC’s most helpful (Vaishali)

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rolm

Dear Mr. Sonu Nigam,

After watching the episode last night where you flouted the rules and regulations set by the very show that PAYS you for the job you do, I sincerely hope that you will keep your word and NOT return to the show. You took a vow that "If Amey Date does not come back you will not be a part of this show". I sincerely hope that you will be true to your word.

You don't seem to understand two elementary things about democracy and rules. From the beginning of the show it was clearly stated that the person getting the least amount of public votes will be voted out. This week, that happened to be Amey. You however, want to change the rules of the game in the middle. Obviously it didn't occur to you that thousands of people voted with their own money to ensure that their favorite contestant remains in the show. Are you going to pay all those people back? You seem to be the kind of person who would revolt against the national government because the party of your preference doesn't win in a national election.

You had said that "if things are not right they should be changed". That's all fine and good. HOWEVER, the change has to come AFTER the process is completed. If you don't like the rules, then change it for the NEXT Indian Idol series. You can't change them after eliminating 9 contestants.

What's worse you put Farah Khan and Anu Malik in a difficult position by literally forcing them to leave the the stage with you. I used to respect you but no more.

Please go away from the show and never return. You have lost all credibility.

Regards,

Rolm

well said . i hv found a big change in his personality. this is not the same sonu to whom we hv seen in srgmp. if their schedule is tat busy, they sd refuse to come to the show. in first ii it was much better than this one

amreen1409 IF-Dazzler
amreen1409
amreen1409

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonu_nigamfan

ha ha ha try all u can.But yeah only a musician can truly understand how it feels when a potential challenger for the title and an excellent singer has to bow out in front of below average talent.Its an insult 2 music and 2 talent.There is no rule above talent.Till now it wasnt this bad.Amey was the BEST singer on the show and Anuj is a besura.
there is absolutely nooooo comparison and I respect the judges 4 showing their protest to such an insult and 4 expressing their solidarity and sincerity towards music.There is nothing and absolutely nothing which is more important.Its not an election,its a question of true talent.Talent is a gift from GOD and to insult talent is to insult GOD.Indian Janta are insulting GOD indirectly and the judges have all right to express what they feel

Anyway I agree that Sonuji shud quit Indian Idol because a place like that with no respect to music and talent doesnt deserve a talented and sincere artist like him.

I agree with u!

Go to top