Indian Idol 6

Open Letter to Sonu Nigam

rolm thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Dear Mr. Sonu Nigam,

After watching the episode last night where you flouted the rules and regulations set by the very show that PAYS you for the job you do, I sincerely hope that you will keep your word and NOT return to the show. You took a vow that "If Amey Date does not come back you will not be a part of this show". I sincerely hope that you will be true to your word.

You don't seem to understand two elementary things about democracy and rules. From the beginning of the show it was clearly stated that the person getting the least amount of public votes will be voted out. This week, that happened to be Amey. You however, want to change the rules of the game in the middle. Obviously it didn't occur to you that thousands of people voted with their own money to ensure that their favorite contestant remains in the show. Are you going to pay all those people back? You seem to be the kind of person who would revolt against the national government because the party of your preference doesn't win in a national election.

You had said that "if things are not right they should be changed". That's all fine and good. HOWEVER, the change has to come AFTER the process is completed. If you don't like the rules, then change it for the NEXT Indian Idol series. You can't change them after eliminating 9 contestants.

What's worse you put Farah Khan and Anu Malik in a difficult position by literally forcing them to leave the the stage with you. I used to respect you but no more.

Please go away from the show and never return. You have lost all credibility.

Regards,

Rolm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indian888 thumbnail
HAHAHa

Sonu will Come back My dear rolm

It was just a sitcom 😆

Sony pays money to Sonu

Wheras Janta give money to Sony

So none of them can Go against Janta

U can Say J for Janta 😊

U can say J for Judges 😃

and Janta can make J for Judges as J for Joker 😆 😆
sonu_nigamfan thumbnail
ha ha ha try all u can.But yeah only a musician can truly understand how it feels when a potential challenger for the title and an excellent singer has to bow out in front of below average talent.Its an insult 2 music and 2 talent.There is no rule above talent.Till now it wasnt this bad.Amey was the BEST singer on the show and Anuj is a besura.
there is absolutely nooooo comparison and I respect the judges 4 showing their protest to such an insult and 4 expressing their solidarity and sincerity towards music.There is nothing and absolutely nothing which is more important.Its not an election,its a question of true talent.Talent is a gift from GOD and to insult talent is to insult GOD.Indian Janta are insulting GOD indirectly and the judges have all right to express what they feel

Anyway I agree that Sonuji shud quit Indian Idol because a place like that with no respect to music and talent doesnt deserve a talented and sincere artist like him.
ts9787 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
you make no sense at all...
did you see Farah's interview on NDTV? she said that they had decided before hand that they would walk out if a good singer left. it wasnt just sonu who decided therefore he didnt put anyone in a tough position.
he only did what was right!
sonu_nigamfan thumbnail
Yup it wasnt Sonuji's decision at all.It was a decision taken by all the three judges.They were being stretched to their limit by janta each week and this week was an absolute limit.I respect the judges 4 doing wat they did.Its not about rules,rules will come and go.Its about talent.Talent is given to only a few by God.Noone has the right to disrespect that 4 watever reason.
karunya_forever thumbnail
whtever CANT YOU PEOPLE LEAVE SONU ALONE AND GIV HIME A CHANCE TO BREATHE 😆
sonu_nigamfan thumbnail
😆
yeah leave him alone.his life is a lot more than an Indian Idol show.he has many more things 2 do.God bless him and save him from the many scavengers on this show whu r out 2 eat him just bcoz their fav contestant lost out
rolm thumbnail
You guys just don't get it do you. YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE RULES OF THE GAME IN THE MIDDLE. It's equivalent to Rahul Dravid and Greg Chappel getting upset about Sachin tendulkar being given out LBW that they think wasn't out. They come out and demand that the umpire consult the third umpire. When told that there is no rule that allows the umpire to do this, they walk out of the game.

The judges knew full well what the rules of the game are. i.e. PUBLIC VOTE decides the winner. If you can't respect the rules, don't be a part of it damnit!!! I didn't see anybody walking out when the other 8 contestants were eliminated. They got less votes, they lost. It's that simple. If they wanted the "best singer" then they should ONLY have judges who UNDERSTAND music to be judging. However, those are NOT the rules of this particular game. These judges have to respect the rules. If they can't do it, THEN THEY NEED TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE! Let someone who knows how to respect the rules be a judge.
prabal_cog thumbnail
The Judges are acting FOOLISH

If Sonu/Amey/Farah thinks AMEY is so desrving let them give AMEY sing the entire Album for the farah khan directed new SRK movie - HAPPY NEW YEAR.Anu malik is the music director & Farah Khan is the director - so I dont see any problem here except Sonu has to leave the space for AMEY

Will they do that? - NO - NEVER
noname01 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rolm

Dear Mr. Sonu Nigam,

After watching the episode last night where you flouted the rules and regulations set by the very show that PAYS you for the job you do, I sincerely hope that you will keep your word and NOT return to the show. You took a vow that "If Amey Date does not come back you will not be a part of this show". I sincerely hope that you will be true to your word.

You don't seem to understand two elementary things about democracy and rules. From the beginning of the show it was clearly stated that the person getting the least amount of public votes will be voted out. This week, that happened to be Amey. You however, want to change the rules of the game in the middle. Obviously it didn't occur to you that thousands of people voted with their own money to ensure that their favorite contestant remains in the show. Are you going to pay all those people back? You seem to be the kind of person who would revolt against the national government because the party of your preference doesn't win in a national election.

You had said that "if things are not right they should be changed". That's all fine and good. HOWEVER, the change has to come AFTER the process is completed. If you don't like the rules, then change it for the NEXT Indian Idol series. You can't change them after eliminating 9 contestants.

What's worse you put Farah Khan and Anu Malik in a difficult position by literally forcing them to leave the the stage with you. I used to respect you but no more.

Please go away from the show and never return. You have lost all credibility.

Regards,

Rolm

hilarious... seriously now, mail it to him!! 😆

he used to be my favorite judge and singer!! I hope he makes up for that drama next time.

true, he wasn't the only one who staged a walk out...but come on guys,
sonu is the most sensible (the other 2 don't count)!!