Immie thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Tulsi to kill Savita in 'Kyunki'...

By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Monday, November 07, 2005

Ekta Kapoor has dealt with social issues like marital rape, widowhood and sex determination tests in her soaps. Now, she is set to weave in the sensitive subject of euthanasia in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'.

20-year leap

"It's true that we have touched upon the controversial issue of mercy killing," says the producer.

"The episodes will air in December this year. In a series of events leading up to the situation, Tulsi (Smriti Z Iraani) will kill her mother-in-law, Savita (Apara Mehta), as an act of mercy.

This will lead to Mihir (Ronit Roy) and Tulsi splitting up (to meet again 20 years later). For the first time in the history of 'Kyunki'..., Baa (Sudha Shivpuri) will tell Tulsi she doesn't want to see her face ever again."

Moksha or murder?

Why did she decide to take up this issue? "I have dealt with social issues in all my soaps. I was always interested in mercy killing; I believe in it and feel it should be legalised, subject to certain laws that make sure people don't misuse it.

What I find extremely interesting is the fact that in Hindu mythology, to kill a suffering soul is to give him moksha, or set him free; but by other standards, mercy killing is murder. How do we understand this contradiction? I am definitely taking a clear stand on this," Ekta adds.

Baa's death postponed

Won't this be a shocker for 'Kyunki'... fans? "Yes, Savita has always been Tulsi's biggest ally, antagonist, support and altar ego; her biggest catalyst in every drama. Their relationship made the show.

Today, why should Tulsi do such a thing? The mercy killing will be a turning point for the serial after Ansh's death. After killing her son in cold blooded, Tulsi kills her mother-in-law out of mercy." Ekta says Baa's death "had to be postponed because of popular demand; it will happen after the transition."

In the leap, which happens in February next year, Ekta plans to rope in Kkavyanjali star Eijaz Khan in a major role - the main grandson, either Saahil or Gautam's son. "The main cast of 'Kyunki'... will remain the same. I have spoken to everyone and all of them have agreed."

now Tulsi told Baa everything... so we know that Baa 1st time in her life will tell Tulsi that she dont like to see her face...... so if Tulsi told her everythin didnt hide so how does Baa says anythin like that to Tulsi..

Im totaly confused??????dont u guys???😕

Pls Reply....😊

Edited by Immie - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
sorry aint watched yesterdays epsiode dunno wot ur talking abut 😕
sanjana22sanju thumbnail
i have seen the episode... but i dint get ur point can u clear tat for me
Immie thumbnail
ok sanju I hav update that post I saw the facts go throu that so u'll get it....ok 😃
Immie thumbnail
oh thanx for ur replys...sorry to confused u hop u'll et it now... 😃 😃
prables thumbnail
I think their story line changes everyday. May be they had that track earlier and now they have changed it.
Innocent angel thumbnail
😕 😕 .anywayz thanx 4 d article 😊
zoomboy thumbnail
Dat is an old track which has been changed. Wait and watch for a bigger twist in Kyunki mid-April. It's the most amazing turn you can imagine. 😊
Immie thumbnail
so that means the story ha vbeen change????
thanx u guys 4 replying..