Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

RABINDRANATH TAGORE : The Poet - Page 2

Qwest thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

This content was originally posted by: apparaohoare

Qwest ji,

Mon ta bhore gelo. The first one always takes my breath away. But I prefer "Chitto jetha bhoi shunno" I get a better feel in bengali.

Great Post. I stand up and 👏

apparaohoare ji,

You are so right sound more interact with poetry

Amar O Wanek Din Por Bari Jata Mon Chaicha.

Thanks.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

apparaohoare thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Qwest

apparaohoare ji,

You are so right sound more interact with poetry

Amar O Wanek Din Por Bari Jata Mon Chaicha.

Thanks.

Aamar O 😭

Qwest thumbnail

Aamar O 😭

Do you want the link for the Bangla Kobita of Guru ji

apparaohoare thumbnail
Of course. PLEEEEEASE.

Qwest thumbnail

Of course. PLEEEEEASE.

Ami Apnaka PM Kor-chi
Qwest thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: adwarakanath

Idhar post korchi please 😛
Aur ongrezi ma bot korchi please 😛

Abhi man We were talking in Bangla,See what you did after reading all this article no I feel like to go home.

Qwest thumbnail

Smita Sinha: Transition of a Tagorean by birth Part1
She was a toddler or just having crossed that stage in the famous Jorasanko Thakurbari during the last years of Rabindranath Tagore. The little girl of those days now is one of the living and aesthetically-active great grand daughters of the poet. How much she could imbibe from the magnetically creative milieu can not be assessed, as she, Smita Sinha, the well known actress in Bengali films and tele-serials was too small and too immature to learn therefrom. Actually Smita is directly a great grand daughter of Dwijendranath Tagore, the eldest brother of Rabindranath Tagore. A proven talent in acting both in stage and film, she combines the styles of the post-IPTA (Indian Peoples Theatre Association, the brainchild of Puran Chand Joshi, general secretary of the Communist Party of India) and all that she imbibed when she was groomed at Santiniketan. Smita spoke in a free-wheeling manner exclusively to netguruindia.com about her life, her pathos due to the annihilation of heritage, and her own reminiscences of the day - including some shameful anecdotes that are indelible in her memory - when Tagore bade adieu to the mundane world make the interview an interesting reading - Editor.

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail
Thank you Qwestji. Beautiful compilation. I have another book with the Gitanjali translated in English. And its one of my favourite books from my collection.

I had a chance to discuss it with a friend who knew Bengali and he said that the original in Bangla Language sounded more better and some of the meanings and depth of the poetry was lost in translation.
Qwest thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: s.priya

Thank you Qwestji. Beautiful compilation. I have another book with the Gitanjali translated in English. And its one of my favourite books from my collection.

I had a chance to discuss it with a friend who knew Bengali and he said that the original in Bangla Language sounded more better and some of the meanings and depth of the poetry was lost in translation.

s.priya ji  You are 100% right****

When you read in Bengali you feel the passion of his writing and you

can interact with touch of his thought.   

Thanks

Qwest thumbnail

Enclosing the link for Bangla if any one is interested to enjoy reading in Bengali

Rabindranath TAGORE

http://www.atma-o-jibon.org/bangla/gitanjali_somm.htm

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago