India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Is Indian Idol a Business Venture?

vsharma013 Newbie
vsharma013
vsharma013

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

Long back when Yashashree Bhave was voted out considering the other talent available, I had written to Sony, Rediff, Times of India, zee and others. I had questioned the format used in voting, and to my belief, today it turns out to be true.  Today Amey Date was asked to leave the stage. I am ashamed of the fact but intrigued to know the reasons.

This appeals to me more like a business venture. Amey Date is by far the best in the group ofcourse, complemented by an equal Karunya. But think about it, Date comes from a simple middle class family. His friends, family and others come from a similar background. Now, lets assume a "Rich Father" of a "Rich Contestant" (No names please), decides that his son should win the Indian Idol contest. Now he picks cash (lets say 50 lacs for example), hires a bunch of people in a call center. Pays them to work non stop and send as many sms's as possible. Now even is he spends 10 lacs per episode, and his son finally wins the contract (1 crore from Sony), so the net profit is still 50 lacs.

This is my hypothesis. If I am wrong, tell me why?

Its unfortunate that Amey Date had to leave today. I hope Karunya wins to save us from further pain and suffering. But I fear, that the business savvy father and son duo might pull it off.

avtab IF-Dazzler
avtab
avtab

PRC’s most helpful (Vaishali)

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
these all singing competition is now business venture. they all giving concentration on getting more votes instead of protecting telented singers.
noname01 Goldie
noname01
noname01

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
I don't think anyone paid anyone else to vote for them...

if they had that much money, they could just pay a music director to hire their kid.

but interesting idea
vsharma013 Newbie
vsharma013
vsharma013

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
I think thats also a way of doing it. But a music director can get you in once or twice for a playback. Indian Idol is an icon, which has a lot of potential, which anuj or sandeep (oops I named the son) do not. Sandeep is good, dont get me wrong. But when compared to Einstien, I may not be a genius.
simpleguy Senior Member
simpleguy
simpleguy

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
so this is a planned game Dead indian idol 2 thats why anuj still here without sur and talent

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top