India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

LUCK OR TALENT ?

glamritz Goldie
glamritz
glamritz

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:11pm | IP Logged

This is something i wanted to ask you all ..

Is it necessary to be luckier or to be more talented?

In your opinion, what is of greater importance to survive in such a competitive industry. I am not only talking abt the singing field but other careers as well.

Seeing from yesterday's episode, both ANuj and Amey are winners in their own way.

Amey is a winner because he is highly talented. And Anuj is officially also a winner coz he is lucky to get into the top 3.

But does talent beat luck in the long run? coz as what Farah Khan said, ur talent will remain with you all the way as you maybe lucky today but tmr u might lose tht glittering fate.
But afterall, the one crore contract is not going to Amey's anymore because he was not lucky enough.

SO what is the more important determinant? Luck or Talent? or both ?

syrene Goldie
syrene
syrene

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Neither luck nor talent..........

just like in politics what matters her is a well organized election campaign Confused
shalini1323 Senior Member
shalini1323
shalini1323

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Nice topic =D

I think talent is more important but however looking at whatever is happening, i think luck holds a much higher place in the industry.

but i still value talent.
shalini1323 Senior Member
shalini1323
shalini1323

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
cos ultimately what will bring you to fame is your talent. not luck. luck is very temporary. i do not think shahrukh, rani, amitabh is all here just because they were lucky. maybe they got a break due to their luck but they managed to stay on as they were very talented.
Reiti Newbie
Reiti
Reiti

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
i think both are equally important. there are many talented people in India but not all of them are lucky enough to be a Srk, rani or AB. At the same time, there are a few famous personalities who are just not talented but are still in the industry as they are lucky. For example, Twinkle Khanna. She was lucky to be a star daughter but was she all that talented? i do not think so. And you can see as a result, we do not see much of her nowadays at all. So it proves that your luck is just momentary. as what holds you on in the future is your talent. not your luck. But at the same time, if you do not have the luck, you will not get a proper platform to show your talent. so i perceive both to be important.
Reiti Newbie
Reiti
Reiti

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
and may i add that luck and talent are also subjective. what might be lucky and talented for one might not be equally talented and lucky for the other.
SoNi_KuDi IF-Dazzler
SoNi_KuDi
SoNi_KuDi

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by winnie_pooh

just like in politics what matters her is a well organized election campaign Confused

yes thatz true!!!

glamritz Goldie
glamritz
glamritz

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by winnie_pooh

i agree with you .. talent hunt shows have dropped to the level of politics. it's sad. really.

Go to top