India-Forums

Sasural Simar Ka
Sasural Simar Ka

why did sid marry roli?

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 5:13am | IP Logged
I didnt understand his motivation to do so.

1. was it to spite mataji/defy her?

2.  is he genuinely in love with roli?

3. did he agree with mataji's assessment that roli would never get a good boy from a good family because of the stamp of divorcee attached to her ? -- meaning was he sort of doing it out of a sense of duty or responsibility?

4. is it none of the above and he just this was the best way to close out the whole mess and not have this saga running for another length of time?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahan

upra Goldie
upra
upra

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 9:44am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=tinoo]I didnt understand his motivation to do so.

1. was it to spite mataji/defy her?

2.  is he genuinely in love with roli?

3. did he agree with mataji's assessment that roli would never get a good boy from a good family because of the stamp of divorcee attached to her ? -- meaning was he sort of doing it out of a sense of duty or responsibility?

4. is it none of the above and he just this was the best way to close out the whole mess and not have this saga running for another length of time?
I would say all 4 statements are somewhat accurate I.e. Sid is tired of Mataji's games and he probably realizes that in extremely traditional families such as theirs divorce is a huge stigma so he was protecting Roli  from Mataji/society's allegations. He must be somewhat attracted to Roli which is why he agreed to marry her earlier (remember Mataji had announced Sid/Roli marriage somewhere around Diwali).
Last but not the least he wanted to save us the audience from Simar/ Roli's Rona Dhona and Mataji's plottings and rants. QUOTE

Edited by upra - 09 December 2011 at 9:49am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ambodidibeeangel11avivakirk

hooked IF-Dazzler
hooked
hooked

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Even if that explains why Sid married her, why did Roli marry Sid ?

I have yet to see someone love their college so much that they will agree to be married to this bro or that bro in her married sister's house - just coz she can't get accomodation ?

Are they stealing ideas from BV, about having to pretend marriage to get acco in Mumbai ? But here, Roli was in a house - she cud have stayed on as a guest right ?

Why the unnecessary drama about first her own Jija and then his bro ? I mean why is her single status so threatening ?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ambodidiAnkita_Mathur-Misek-avivakirk

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hooked

well-- he's certainly a hottie.  LOLLOLLOL. so i can understand why she married sid.

No seriously,  I can understand roli's compulsions to marry sid.

Jamuna has washed his hands off the whole matter - and does not want to have anything to do with roli anymore.  Even if she got accommodation somewhere, jamuna would not pay for three years of college or hostel fees.  He also would not take her back in vrindavan.

Mataji would not have kept her after all this -- just hanging around the house attending college. Her mind had soured towards simar and roli.

So this probably seemed like the best option  for her -- in terms of survival -- not just the narrow sense of housing -- but more long term survival.  She doesnt even have a job or an education to get a job.

Sid however is a little more puzzling -- he had no compulsions to marry her -- mataji would have kept him and even if mataji threw him out of the house -- he can still survive on his own in the outside world.  He's old enough, and has been living on his own for a long time.

I think he saw that life would be difficult for roli in both the near term and far term future and decided to step up to the plate and be a man. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

avivakirk

sagark Senior Member
sagark
sagark

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
I feel sid did the right thing of marrying roli becoz this was the only solution to keep that maathajis mouth shut as she was again blaming simar for spoiling rolis life.

This decision of sid was right as now both the couples wont have any problems with their marriage further on.

And am sure that sid and roli will fall in love and start having feelings for each other.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Misek-avivakirk

upra Goldie
upra
upra

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hooked

I have yet to see someone love their college so much that they will agree to be married to this bro or that bro in her married sister's house - just coz she can't get accomodation ?

Are they stealing ideas from BV, about having to pretend marriage to get acco in Mumbai ? But here, Roli was in a house - she cud have stayed on as a guest right ?

Why the unnecessary drama about first her own Jija and then his bro ? I mean why is her single status so threatening ?

I guess that's because she does not know any better since she comes from a very conservative family;  She probably believes that a girl has to be married to feel safe & protected. What do you think?

ambodidiavivakirk

cherrypansy IF-Rockerz
cherrypansy
cherrypansy

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 1:56am | IP Logged
If Cv's had this in mind...they should have shown Roli bigger in age...she is just in first year college...How come Avika agreed to do such role...agreed this is just show...but still...

-Misek--Swasti-

sagark Senior Member
sagark
sagark

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Yes actually avika is young for sid, but i feel that they make a good pair and later on when they show avika dressed in a saree then i think she would look a bit older.

They suit each other and make a good pair.

Go to top