India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

KARUNYA & HEMACHANDRA

arunmanas Newbie
arunmanas
arunmanas

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 1:14pm | IP Logged

Not many know that the two singing sensations from Hyderabad to make it to national television, Hemachandra, one of the finalists of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge and Karunya, who has received rave reviews on Indian Idol 2, are first cousins. Considering the boys' talent, it may not surprise some to know that Karunya's father N.C. Madhu and Hemachandra's mother, Shashikala Swami are brother and sister and both are trained in music.

Shashikala Swami, a recipient of the prestigious Nandi award, has been a part of the music industry here for a long time and has even done playback singing. Incidentally, Hemachandra's sister Hemabindu also reached the top 16 at Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. With so much musical influence in the family, it is little wonder that Karunya decided to pursue fame through music.

Mr Padmapani, the boys' uncle and Hemachandra's manager says, "This is a proud moment for our family. The Ajanta family, as we are known, has been associated with music for a long time. We even run the Ajanta Art Academy in Hyderabad. It feels great to know that two South Indian teenagers from Hyderabad are singing Hindi songs on a national level and are actually getting appreciated. The fact that both these talented voices come from one family is nothing short of a miracle." He adds that his nephew is "most deserving of the Indian Idol title."

Shashikala Swami, Hemachandra's mother, says she is proud of how well the two have done. "I feel that these boys are living my dream. I always wanted to sing at the national level but couldn't get to that stage. Karunya and Hemachandra have fulfilled my life-long dream. I am confident that Karunya will become the next Indian idol," she says.

So is there any rivalry between the two? Mr Padmapani strongly refutes this idea. It seems that Karunya was influenced by Hemachandra's success at the national level. Karunya discarded the stable career that an engineering degree affords in favour of trying his luck at singing. "There is no rivalry between these youngsters. They even sing together at various singing dos in the city. They are very mature in that sense," Mr Padmapani points out.

amritha19 Goldie
amritha19
amritha19

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing. hoefully agla karunya hai
bhale Senior Member
bhale
bhale

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
thanks for posting
~Raina~ Goldie
~Raina~
~Raina~

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Indianprince Groupbie
Indianprince
Indianprince

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks but old news...
sweetgirlnilam Senior Member
sweetgirlnilam
sweetgirlnilam

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing...
octave Groupbie
octave
octave

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Thanks for The Article.Both are my favourite.
pushkala Groupbie
pushkala
pushkala

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 2:05am | IP Logged
where did u see this article??

Go to top