India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Walk-out right or wrong?

prash123 Senior Member
prash123
prash123

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 11:36am | IP Logged

Ppl are talking lot about recent walkout in II 2 so I thought just to put down what I think.

Is it right if judges do walkout?

It happened before in SRGMP. ID did it and there was a valid reason (I didnt say it was correct) for that. Id was one of those who are giving training to contestants so it may be questionable whether it was right or wrong.

In case of II 2 all three are judges and they can have their openion. Judges in II2 are not giving any training to any participant so they are not biased and all that.

Now if these judges know that it might happen then why did they agree from begining? In the begining everyone thought that the outcome will be the best and they supported the idea. As well known singer and MD they do have knowledge and responsibility so that the best should come out. Why these judges dont see any good out of it then why should they continue? If they continue then who will raise the voice on it? Actually singers and MD are the ppl who have responsibility and true feelings about music. I guess what they did was right.

When TV channel tell public that they are giving a good show which will be voice of india or the best singer or the talent to the industry and they do not fulfil their promice. Channel manager more interested in making money than providing real talent. Judges on II 2 also agree with rules from begining but cant continue as they dont feel that its going in right direction. If TV channel can play with public emotions (wrong ad about show) then whats wrong if judges leave the show half way? Nothing wrong in it. Blame should go to show/channel manager not to judges/public.

prash123 Senior Member
prash123
prash123

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

Iron

If u say its a dum think to do then what is good?

If they continue then it will not be good with "real good singer".

If they continue it may give wrong message to all national and international audience that they are agree with the decision.

If they continue then some way they will be helping something which is wrong going.

When u said they should noticed prior then I will say its the show manager job to think about it when they said they will provide the best and real singing talent. If they want to make the money they judges want to do which is good for them. Tell me who is on the right path? I dont see any one not public not the show/channel then why do ppl say its dum think to do? Leting it continue without any strong oppose will be more bad think to do(I dont know what the word I should use that will show more bad than dummed).

Originally posted by Iron

Walk out is not good any way..u are being watched by so many audience local/national and international. It was the dummest thing to do by a so called MD/Mentor.
the only difference i see it here each mentor hyped their contestant..good or bad. IN II2 they are supporting a good and genuine singer. Meenal & Antara were good too..no doubt but Amey and Karunaya are simply marvellous. Not sure if they can really bring Amey back as we had the same rumor that sharib will be back for a while.

But in this I do agree that Public voting sucks and judges should have noticed it prior...too late now.

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
All judges got paid for walking out.. why are you so worried about scripted things. Why did judges brought back Anuj and Farah keep praising him for first 3-4 weeks when he was singing worse than now. Now they are criticising him like hell. First of all they should bring a female contestant in place of Jolly Das. Second they should brought better singer. Before all these argument, these voting based cheap reality shows should be banned forever. It is degrading music standard. I have never seen worse singer than Anuj in any show. I am happy all these reality shows are failing. I hope it is the last time we are watching Indian Idol.
amalia IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
prash123 Senior Member
prash123
prash123

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by inavars

Walking out, I believe, is wrong because you must have some kind of commitment to what you are doing..

Thats what I would like to know who is keeping their commitment? Not the show manager when they say they will provide good singer. Are they?

Public, as we know ppl vote for their native paerson is it a good commitment? No. Tell me who is ?

Why only Judges of II 2? why should they keep their commitment? Just because show manager higher them? should they allow the wrong thing in their most respective field?

true, it may have been justified in some cases..but when ID did it, and then the three decided to walk out the next week, he got mad at himani..why is it that when he does it, he should be forgiven, but when the kids (who are much younger than him) do it, he gets mad?

saregama Goldie
saregama
saregama

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Since this saregamapa challenge has taken place, Indian Idol people are copying the same incidents happened in Challenge. Like Ismail said Nihira that he will make her star. Same Annu mallik said to Anthra when she got out "I will make you singer". And now this walk-out like Ismail did when Nihira got out. Thats the way it is, to raise TRPS. BAAT KHATAM.
saregama Goldie
saregama
saregama

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
My favorites in challenge are Sharib, Nihira and ofcourse Hemu before the walk-out. At the time of Walk-out, I was shocked by him that he too got involved. But after that he wiped off everything by giving tremendous performance but unfortunately got out. None of them won. So today when Amey got out, I was dissappointed but not shocked because I had predicted earlier that this public voting may create a problem and may get either Amey or Karunya out. But still I had hopes that final will be between these two. Now Karunya is left. So hope he wins the title.
prash123 Senior Member
prash123
prash123

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:43pm | IP Logged

You mean they voted out Amey to raise TRP? To make a walkout dram (SRGMP copy) they need to vote out the best one so that judges can walkout giving valid reason. If poor one voted out judges can not do drama. So u mean show purposly voting out good singers to raise TRP?

If u think so no then its the first think that the good singer was voted out then they copied SRGMP. So first think get the message to public that whatever is goin on is not good. How to spread the message? who can do it? Judges some way it may raise TRP but that the way one can get public attention.

Originally posted by saregama

Since this saregamapa challenge has taken place, Indian Idol people are copying the same incidents happened in Challenge. Like Ismail said Nihira that he will make her star. Same Annu mallik said to Anthra when she got out "I will make you singer". And now this walk-out like Ismail did when Nihira got out. Thats the way it is, to raise TRPS. BAAT KHATAM.

Edited by prash123 - 14 March 2006 at 12:47pm

Go to top