India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sania MiRzaa

Miss.Netherland IF-Rockerz
Miss.Netherland
Miss.Netherland

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 11:01am | IP Logged
  New Delhi: Sania Mirza put up an improved performance but failed to recreate her magic to upset higher-ranked opponents going down to Elena Dementieva of Russia in the third round of the USD 2.1 million Pacific Life Open WTA Tour event at Indian Wells, USA. Sania pulled off the first set and also grabbed a few opportunities in the following two sets but faltered on crucial points as Dementieva rallied to justified her eighth rank by emerging winner 5-7 6-4 6-4 to advance to the fourth round of the Tier I tournament. The Indian broke the fourth seed Russian eight times and allowed her only 38 per cent of points on her second serve. Dementieva also served a shocking 18 double faults. Dementieva, who next plays Na Li of China, admitted it was a very tough match amd she was in trouble for the whole match. "I was in trouble the whole match. It was not easy to win today. I don't think I was playing my best," she said. The Russian also appreciated Sania for her strong forehand.

"I was very surprised with her forehand. She has such a good forehand, such a good acceleration from the elbow."

umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 11:35am | IP Logged
coool...thanks for sharing!!! Smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top