Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Lata ji's opinion on today's MDs n singer (Page 3)

luvmusic Goldie
luvmusic
luvmusic

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Hey Abhi wasnt the movie 'Saaz' on the sisters?I caught up the movie on B4U recently....it showed the elder sis is concerned and caring abt her sis personally, but never let her outgrow her professionally....even I was under same impression.Nevertheless she is a grt singer

I dont agree with Sonu's arrogance someone mentioned. Circumstances were diff then n now.Today, look at the struggle he has put behind today's success...its not that he doesnt respect, but he doesnt do chaaploosi...thts what I think.He respects other singers. Look at his joy when he finds the youngsters in the talent hunts give good performance.Bacchan saab tho...unka koyi competition nahi hai....

its a dirty world out there...just look at this year's awards....against dheere jalna n piyu bole, aashiq banaaya aapne won.How disappointing can that get.singers put so much practise and such worthless songs take away all the glory.where is the result for hardwork?doesnt it send wrong signals to young aspirants abt easy fame....dukh tho zaroor hoga...mere hisaab se...

taikoo Senior Member
taikoo
taikoo

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by luvmusic

Hey Abhi wasnt the movie 'Saaz' on the sisters?I caught up the movie on B4U recently....it showed the elder sis is concerned and caring abt her sis personally, but never let her outgrow her professionally....even I was under same impression.Nevertheless she is a grt singer

I dont agree with Sonu's arrogance someone mentioned. Circumstances were diff then n now.Today, look at the struggle he has put behind today's success...its not that he doesnt respect, but he doesnt do chaaploosi...thts what I think.He respects other singers. Look at his joy when he finds the youngsters in the talent hunts give good performance.Bacchan saab tho...unka koyi competition nahi hai....

its a dirty world out there...just look at this year's awards....against dheere jalna n piyu bole, aashiq banaaya aapne won.How disappointing can that get.singers put so much practise and such worthless songs take away all the glory.where is the result for hardwork?doesnt it send wrong signals to young aspirants abt easy fame....dukh tho zaroor hoga...mere hisaab se...

ClapClapClap

tisha_bhatia Senior Member
tisha_bhatia
tisha_bhatia

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by luvmusic

Well very said! Our predecessors have left us so much wealth in literature and music. It makes me sad to think that our generation has just lost an ear for all the richness in music. I am not saying that it is wrong to appreciate "Ashik Banaya Apne". Its a peppy number and is quite enjoyable. But I do not understand how it stands better than Piyu Bole and Dheere Jalna and what scares me more is that our youth voted it the best! Makes me wonder where we are heading. It would be such a shame if we lost/wasted this invaluable wealth our ancestors left behind for us.

I really feel happy to read some good insight that some of the kids still have. Kids like Abhi - really give us hope and encouragement. I never had the chance to become well aquainted with Indian classical. My family does not come from such a background. But my interest has grown leaps and bounds after reading some of the informative posts here. This is a great way to get people involved. Thank you all for such informative posts.

Go to top