Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Lata ji's opinion on today's MDs n singer (Page 2)

fairdog Senior Member
fairdog
fairdog

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyasdfgh

wonderfull article Clap

Hema hardikar.. was also called as Hridaya. Hardikar was changed byt her dad after their family deity...Mangeshi and Lata was I think given my a MD

Good one

Thanks, qwerty....

punjini IF-Dazzler
punjini
punjini

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
It must be real agony for the Mangeshkar sisters to see the remix albums that are coming out nowadays. Worse still that the youngsters wouldn't even know who the original singer is.

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 12:29am | IP Logged
"The upcoming girls and boys who dance to vulgar tunes and words and sing them, what is their identity?" asked Lata in an interview.

Lata, who was two years old when sound came to Indian cinema and just 12 when she began singing for movies, asked: "If people are looking for genuine talent, why are they singing our songs and compositions? Don't they have anything new to offer?"

Only thing I slightly disagree with Lataji....how can they sing original songs? Who will compose for them? Confused Millions rever Lataji and other greats, so naturally when they participate in contests they sing their songs.

Edited by SolidSnake - 15 March 2006 at 12:30am
kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jalapeno

I like Lataji's singing but never liked her attitude. How come she monopolized the entire hindi music industry. She never let any new talent to shine then. She would treathen the composers that she would never sing for them again. There were many other talents who just faded because of her.

Todays generation it not the singers who are not capable, it is the music composers who make them sing those songs. Singing talent is still there........

I Agree with u.... I dont know about other talents.... becos there was no one who could compete lataji in quality except ASHA BHOSALE..... And it is a well known fact that Lataji tried to not to allow Asha become more famous than her. but later the real talent and versatility of Asha won over Lata.... People may think she is form of saraswati.... I think every singer is blessed by goddess SARASWATI and noone is the form of SARASWATI......

About the sad songs.... there are so many sad songs that are big hit in recent pasts.... We have a colourful types of songs coming.... this variety helps us cheer all kind of songs.....

I agree only with only one point of Lataji.... I dont like the remix.... Especially of old beautiful songs.... Mujhe buddha mil gaya was not as much vulgar as it is shown in the remix

kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Mr. Abhi... Everybody has his on opinion to say... under freedom of speech....I cant make exception to Lataji.... If u say HR is arrogant.... Lataji is also arrogant...

Let me make clear I m not comparing the two.... HR is far behind Lataji in talent ... I m just comparing the behaviour

I love not only music but all kind of arts and sports..... I appreciate the good and am straight for the bad things
kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:45am | IP Logged
By the way Mr. Abhi.... where are u situated at present.....
U r very interesting guy and very well known in IF....
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:50am | IP Logged
There is no doubt that Lataji is the best in singing, but it is an also widely known fact that she is arrogant. She never helped her own sister. Asha Bhosle has openly discussed this. Music diretors also discussed her behavior towards other singers.

this was not hidden. Her attitude in this article is also very elitist.

I find Sonu Nigams attitude kind of similar. He thinks he is the greatest and nobody comes close to him. I remember is acceptance speach in an awards show which was so inappropriate. No doubt he is an awsome singer though.

Being talented does not mean you can be arrogant. Take a page from The Great Bachchan who after being the greatest is the most humble.
kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 2:09am | IP Logged
I am Abhijit as well.... I m frm Pune currently situated in Bangkok.... You have found a nice image to flaunt here on IF....

The image predicts maturity and thinking.... which makes your articles wonder I think....

Go to top