Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Amey's exit , sonu 's criticism and .. (Page 2)

Anuradha IF-Sizzlerz
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 6:47am | IP Logged
This will make the trp of indian idol down..
jus wait and watch.. now, thrs no competition at
all.. straight away only one winner.. tats karunya..
and i know he will never get votes as he is frm south..

so, final 2 will be anuj and sandeep..
i dnt know why these judges brought in anuj??

breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 6:48am | IP Logged
i totally agree with u ....very well written post.

Amey's honesty cost him big time.

BUt im sure Amey is destiend for bigger n betetr things than Indian Idol.....
renouned ppl lik Zkair Hussein, Ms Subalaskhmi and PAndit JAsraj have called Amey a 'pearl' in SRGM....n the fact tht mediocres lik anuj n sandy got mroe votes thn him jsut goes to show wat a poor quality show Indian Idol is....

SRGMP may have a lot of drama but atleast u get to hear ppl who can sing in tune!

buttercup IF-Stunnerz
buttercup
buttercup

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 6:48am | IP Logged
May be there voting system makes each vote tht comes to ANUJ triple.. Angry Angry
nidass IF-Dazzler
nidass
nidass

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 6:50am | IP Logged
indian idol has lost everything
hope we dun get to see this contest next year its just like an ekta's drama
im getting fedup of this all non senceAngry
1st meenal then antra n then amey Cry   
tonmoy Newbie
tonmoy
tonmoy

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 7:05am | IP Logged
INdian idol is a total crap show frm now on.How can MEENAL ANTARA and NOW AMEY gets voted out>As far as i think amey is the most popular contestant in the show...........and he doesn't deserve to be out of the show..Indian Idol has really lost its charm.
*£ïl ßåÐ à Newbie
*£ïl ßåÐ Ã
*£ïl ßåÐ Ã

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 7:15am | IP Logged
amey juz dint flippin deserve 2 b out of dis show,his voice waz gud,his style waz awesome,his dancing waz sho sweet..he had everything..i mean dis is INDIAN IDOL 2'Z BIG BIG LOSE DAT HEZ FLIPPIN OUT OF DIS SHOW..janta pata nahi kya voting kar rahi hai,dey need 2 get their earz checked n their eyez checked..he waz handsome 2...itz so sad dat hez out,1st my rocking neha,den panna n now AMEY!even tho sandeep is my favourite,amey waz my 2nd fav n i dint even imagine dat he wud b out of dis show...i wanted him 2 b in top 2 with Sandeep,buh i guess no,n now  if anuj duznt get out next  den indian idol 2 is juz BAQWAAS!..foolz!Cry

Edited by *l - 14 March 2006 at 7:17am
vsmaganti Senior Member
vsmaganti
vsmaganti

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rosho

I got news of Amey's exit( cant thank connie this time around. sorry connie) even before I watched the gala round episode. I had an intuitive feeling that this was  the result of Sonu's judgement not just from that infamous last gala, but from quite a few galas.

Right since the start of the galas, Sonu has never been generous in heaping praise on Amey. He has been unconditional in his praise towards karunya, harsh towards Sandeep, and looked like he couldnt care less about Anuj. These might have made any difference in the initial galas, but as the finale approached, Sonu's approach stayed the same. Even when Amey sang breath taking songs like Laga Chunari, Satrangi Re, Sonu was restricted in his praise, but whenever Karunya sang a mind blowing song, he would load praises on Karunya. I completely agree with anyone on the fact that Karunya's voice is like Amey, but that was no reason to praise Amey's voice equivocally. Both have their range, and excel in their respective range of songs.
Comparing Amey with Karunya in the last gala was no means of judging a contestant. That was extremely poor judging from Sonu to say the least.
And in today's gala, Amey was so terrified about what Sonu was going to say on his rendition of what I truly think is the most divine song ever composed, that Amey came out admitting that he couldnt manage taking in breath in between lines. At that point I felt so sorry for Amey, and also I knew this was  the defining moment in this gala with respect to the votes coming in. The audience , our public, would think , 'oh here is a singer who is critical of himself, admitting that he coudnt keep pace to the song', where in fact he sang Satrangi Re , the best anyone could have done after Sonu.
Now leaving apart Sandeep and Karunya because they both thoroughly deserved  their spots. Sandeep does truly look like the dark horse in this race for the crown. His rendition of ruth aa gayi re was splendid to say the least. If I was to compare Sandeep and Amey in this round I would go for Sandeep. Truly deserves it. And moving on to Anuj; To be honest , his rendition of Rang Barse would have made Amitabh skip a few heart beats out of shock. I have not seen a more 'thakela' rendition of the energy boosting song. If I was in Sonu's place, going by the way he has been judging Amey, he should have ripped apart Anuj. He didnt.

In the second part, Amey truly gave his heart and soul . His voice did strain in one line, but then you can definitely pardon anyone making one teeny mistake singing satrangi re. To his credit, Anuj sang most part of Chaiyya Chaiyya well. But who would think that Amey would be overtaken by an amateur like Anuj.

And Sonu and Farah allegedly walking out, I would love to ask them a few questions on their way out. Like when Farah said ,'Anuj, your songs touch my heart'. ( insert teary eyed Farah). Or Sonu critcising Amey more severely( no matter how much he insists that its construtive) than Anuj.

Well all said and done, II2 has lost a golden voice. Its loss. And ours. Fans who love Amey's voice( coming from a guy who is into hardcore metal).
I am sure he will cut an album someday soon. And this is to you Amey,
for once we wont download..

First of all  it is really sad to see Amey out of this contest....OuchOuch

and let me remind you that it is not Sonu who is voting ......he only passes comments...if people are voting only based on their comments...then Sandeep should have been out long time ago......so chill out......Even in SRGMP less percentage of people liked HR's comments....everybody started bashing. but what happened....uska chela to final ko pahunchgaya.  Kya kahen....hamara desh mein kuch bhi seedha nahin chalte....tedi umli se ghee nikaal ni padti hai.....pata nahin kab sudharte hai log......

So don't blame it on Sonu Nigam as he is not voting.......blame the people....as Sonu mentioned on the last gala.  

Bhagwan sab ka bhala karen....

And last but not least....We still have 3 contestants. if we pick the best out of 3 going forward may be we can preserve whatever charm is left out...

shimmeryf Senior Member
shimmeryf
shimmeryf

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Rosho you have written it very well .
thanks for the post.

Go to top