Film Previews & Reviews

India-Forums

Film Previews & Reviews
Film Previews & Reviews

a comment on the film rang de basanthi (Page 3)

sweet_51_girl Senior Member
sweet_51_girl
sweet_51_girl

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:36am | IP Logged
    Rang De Basanti... was not just a movie for me..... it was more than that......this is a fabulous movie in all ways of actin,script,direction,sensibleness...... i have seen till date......... !!!!!
   n i didn find that it was givin messege that "violence is the way to clean up the curruption" no .....i don think so.....the first way the character approched was the way of nonviolence....... they went for protest with peace........ but they were made to go for the way of killin...... like we see in news usually "Jessica lal case","farmers attemptin suicide", "our polititions fightin to make each other fall","n "real freedom fighters waitin for the respect they deserve"................ n a lot things that we cant see...... a lot of people still fightin to get justice.......
     so should they wait to get justice by our so called democritical n justical system....... how long they should wait....... till their death???? n still no one will bother abt them....... so it is justified if they kill the bad before the end of their own lives ........ isnt it?
     i m sorry if i m goin beyond the limits of the topic.......... but RDB is worth it.......
     n i know this too that even if i m talkin so much abt our country's condition..... curruption n all...... its all so easy to say...... n gossip abt it..... but its hard to stand against it........ i just pray to god that give me that strenght so i can serve for peace n happiness all over.........

sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 6:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sushdew

what is identity with out a language ???...when in Rome live like a Roman ..similarily it is not the question of whether who is infront of you or who is behind you ..it is all about to adaptability to the new environments..
So In a nut shell ..WITH OUT LOOSING YOUR IDENTITY TRY TO HOLD THE HANDS OF THOSE IN FRONT OF YOU ..
silence can speak volumes ,buddy heart girl ,...So your silence too would be welcome along with your words ..
regards sushdew

sushdew you are right "when in Rome do like Romans do". But when we are not in Rome is the questions. When we are in India why live like Romans? Tongue
heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:24pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sushdew

what is identity with out a language ???...when in Rome live like a Roman ..similarily it is not the question of whether who is infront of you or who is behind you ..it is all about to adaptability to the new environments..
So In a nut shell ..WITH OUT LOOSING YOUR IDENTITY TRY TO HOLD THE HANDS OF THOSE IN FRONT OF YOU ..
silence can speak volumes ,buddy heart girl ,...So your silence too would be welcome along with your words ..
regards sushdew

Easy to say but hard to do!

heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Hey LT! how ya doing?! Wink Tongue
heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Me is totally fine! Good luck for the debate! Smile
j y o t i Goldie
j y o t i
j y o t i

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
a lot of ppl have expressed thier opinion on rang de basanti, sum i agree with, sum i dont.
i think that the movie has sent out an extremely powerful message. india has to understand that this is the time to stand up to corruption, today's generation can do it! the move told us of the youth taking control and i think that politicians today should understand this fact through and through.
looking lyk how in the ending they showed the young freedom fighters being killed, it showed the political leaders' weakness. they thought that by killing the young men, they would be able to silence this matter. but it was the wrong move, the boys had already proved that they were no terrorists who were going to do anything. for me this just showed how unprepared india is for the next generation to take over india. if this is their attitude towards the young, then they are completly going on the wrong path.
if something has to be done, then it will all begin with our generation. if corruption will be taken out of india's politics, it will be through this generation. i think the message was for the youth to be aware of what is happening around them. for india it is a wake-up call about the future and where the country is headed.
this movie reminided me of a book a read. it was based on the russian revolution, caller "animal farm". it was a farm of animals ruled by the tyrant human leaders. the animals revolted and got rid of the humans and began to run their own farm. but in the end, the smartest animals, the pigs became just like the old tyrant human leaders. india is simailar in my eyes. they were ruled by the british and after a lot of sacrifices, freedom was won. but in the end the situation did not change, all that is different is that indians are now controling the country. to me its all very ironic.
as for violence, i think it should be a last resort. its something that ive always been touhgt, so it just seems to me that violence should not be used unless there is absolutly no other way left.
i also noticed a lot about langues beign discussed. as for that, all ive got to say is that english is a plus to learn, but u can live without knowing it. although it is known around the world, u can say the same about french and to some degree spanish. french too is a very popular language around the world, it too is universal. but u dont c ppl in india speaking that. i think if some1 wants to learn english they can, but hindi is just fine. i mean u can always get a translator, right?

Go to top