Film Previews & Reviews

India-Forums

Film Previews & Reviews
Film Previews & Reviews

a comment on the film rang de basanthi (Page 2)

heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by loonytunes

Originally posted by heart girl

I noe wat u mean Lt magar aap bhool rahein hain ki English universal language hai to kisi ne banayi hai.. different parts of the world have different spoken languages..Yeh English speakers ki jeet hai ! Maine bhi yeh nahi kaha ki english parna buri baat hai ya faltoo hai magar agar hume apni hi country ke skools mein yeh kaha jayega ki "english speaking is compulsory" then u r not doin any justice I think! Apne hi desh mein apni hi bhasha bolne se mana kiya jaata hai! BtW the last statement wasnt directed at u but at all those ppl who think of hindi and all as extra languages!
I dono but to me it hurts wen they do this in skools!

Hmm...I guess we just have different opinions on this. I don't think there's anythign wrong in promoting English. But that's alright. We're different people. Tongue

And I apologize. I thought that last statement WAS directed to me, so I responded a little angrily. Ouch

love,
LT

No worries yaar just a discussionTongueWink

sushdew Newbie
sushdew
sushdew

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Let me tell you one thing Lt..why this animosity towards English??after all it is just another language like hindi or Punjabi or any other indian languages .But ENGLISH does have a "feather in its cap"..you know this language gives us access to the entire world ..or almost the entire world ..so why do you want to creat a rift ??India still remains aloof and divided because of the different lanuge culture it is still practicing .Just Imagine if India too had Just one language from north to south and east to west ..how united and expressive we would have felt ..we would alos have felt a kind of oneness ..that is the best trhing about English language .It makes us feel free to express and gain .it can indeed bring a kind of affinity between human beings ..after all language is our prime means of interrelating ..so long love English or for that matter any language that can take the expansion like english languae ..don't view english with a prejudiced asian eye .View it with spectaculat out look of usage ar and wide ..you can go places if you are well versed in english ..that is the popularity of that language .
so instead of commentingon this beautiful language cult ..try to think of ideas to bring india toounder one language culture ..then if you succeed in that venture ..then of course you have every rightto comment on english ..Other wise Not EVER
thanks sushdew
Ishika_Gurl Groupbie
Ishika_Gurl
Ishika_Gurl

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
I know this is way off topic and all, but I had a question about YOUR post. You capitalized Bhagath, but not Singh. Why?

Please PM me about this!
sushdew Newbie
sushdew
sushdew

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 2:26am | IP Logged
buddy looneytoons,
i did read past the first few lines of your comment...and i found it a bit prejudiced towards a fine language called english....hence my comment
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by loonytunes

Personally, I thought the movie sent a great message.

Our situation right now is no different, if not worse, than when we
were under the British rule. Nothing has changed. Things have in fact
become worse. We dealt with the British by driving them out of our
country. How are we going to get rid of our <span>own </span>corrupt leaders?

Corruption has infiltrated our society to such an extent that all this
peace, love etc. don't hold any ground. Democracy is a joke in our
country. Half the population isn't educated anough to make the right
choice. Just look at our leaders. 90% of them are uneducated people who
can't even speak English properly and are simply sitting on the seat to
eat money. Do they care what happened to the country? No. Is there any
way to get rid of these blood-sucking leeches?

Yeah. According to me, they should just be made to stand in a line and
shot to death. Sounds harsha nd extreme? Well extreme situations call
for extreme measures. The movie was a way to jolt teh youht of today.
To make them aware of what direction are country is heading to.
Are we truly progressing? Perhaps the major cities are, but the smaller
states and cities are just as bad. Corruption, poverty, slums,
illiteracy - I don't see our politicans doing anythign to eradicate any
of this.

When it comes to Indian politics, I have a very firm stand on it. The
only way these pathetic fools who call themselves Indiands can be
removed is if they feel that their life is in jeopardy. Because they
don't care about any one but themselves. You think democracy is going
to remove these people from these seats? Wishful thinking. The system
is designed in such a way that although there is a democracy, you
opinion/vote is barely worth anything if you don't haev the power or
the money to influence decisions.

Sometimes violence IS the solution. I have nothing against violence if
it is done for such a cause. These people don't deserve any kind of
mercy. They're worse than those Britishers. If killing them is
justified, why isn't killing our very own politicians justified?

Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, Chandrashekhar Azad and countless other
freedom fighters gave up their life for a free country. Are we truly
free? Just look at the state of India today. Is this the freedom these
fighters were fighting for? No.

The time has come when everyone needs to wake up and realize that we
HAVE to take control. Some extreme measure might be necessary but it's
time that we stopped cribbing about how India is going to the dogs and
take matters in our own hands to PREVENT that from happening.<span> That </span>was the message of the movie.

love,
LT

I totally Agree with LT. Also, it's not only about shedding your blood. It tells you that nothing is impossible. yes, it is hard to change country's situation, but if "they" (our freedom fighters) could do it "then" ..."we" could do it "now"!! At the end it also suggest and show the true face of this bravery ....death. Yes, there will be death and lot of sacrifice but we need to clean our own Sh**!! We can go into police force, good people can go into politics and try to make difference go in IAS officer and make difference for your country don't just sit do nothing.

I personally loved the movie and it's message. It does tell the youth at end that don't take extreme measure..'coz if you do you will die!
kbakshi Goldie
kbakshi
kbakshi

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Rang de Basanti is a great movie and it sent out a great message. It is not sending the message that violence is the only way to achieve your objective. The message is to create awareness among young people. When they grow up they donot have to follow the footsteps of corrupted father and other people. Young people have to use their own judgement,. If any of your relative or known person is in power, you do not take advantage of that situation. This is the message I got out of it. Past was shown to compare with the present. We learn a lot from the history. As far language is concern , English is universal language,. We got to change ourselves with the timing and the present century. People who wants to live in 14th century will remain unsuccessful. Hindi, gujrati, Bengali, Mahrastrian and others are our regional languages. These languages are our heritage. We should not destroy them. We should look in the present and find out how we can progress. English is the language which can unit all the states of India. In the Rajya Sabha and parliament we all talk in english. The reason is well known to every one. My children and my grand children born in the united states are all keeping their culture and heritage. They speak Hindi at home and whenever their is social gathering. But English is the language which is keeping everyone united. Analyze Rang De Basanti with the present situation and corruption in India and the message is think think and think. This is your own country do not destroy it. thanks
heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Sushdew u r saying that jo aage hai uska haath pakarlo ...apni identity ko peeche chod_do!Anyways! no point saying anything here coz no1 of u will listen to me!
sushdew Newbie
sushdew
sushdew

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
what is identity with out a language ???...when in Rome live like a Roman ..similarily it is not the question of whether who is infront of you or who is behind you ..it is all about to adaptability to the new environments..
So In a nut shell ..WITH OUT LOOSING YOUR IDENTITY TRY TO HOLD THE HANDS OF THOSE IN FRONT OF YOU ..
silence can speak volumes ,buddy heart girl ,...So your silence too would be welcome along with your words ..
regards sushdew

Go to top