Film Previews & Reviews
Film Previews & Reviews

a comment on the film rang de basanthi

sushdew Newbie
sushdew
sushdew

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 5:33am | IP Logged

Hi friends ,

Recently I saw the film "Rang de Basanthi"..hm!!!!Confused  To be very frank it is a film that kept me pondering ...Pondering onthe fact ,why it is said to contain a message for the youth ..Yes, it does have a message ..that is, to take to blood shed when you are at your wit's end !!!!In the story the five (or is it four.Amir cannot defenitely be termed as a boy...)are trying to bring Bhagath singh ,the freedom fighter to life.In the process they get so affected by the violent ways of that freedom fighter ,that they cannot differentiate between the reality and the fiction .so what is the ultimate outcome ????Ouch they become Modern day Bhagath singh..!!!that way contaminating the entire good cause for which Bhagath singh stood for ..Cry

During the English rule ,fight for freedom was in the blood  of every Indian .every one chose their own ways to fight .Bhagath singh was fully justified in the way he acted and gave his life bravely for his country .It did awaken some kind freedom awareness in dormant indian youth of that time ..that was necessary .because we had to regain our country by "hook or crook"  ,from those odious Britishers..............But..things have changed so much now ..imbibing such violence in Indian youth can only bring forth more violence .There are no more foreigners invading our country or ruling us ..We ourselves are selecting our leaders .So it is the common people  who have to think whehter they have to choose a particular person or not . Incase a person proves unworthy of leader ship ,we have every right to topple them through election .Democracy is a system where people can choose their leaders without violence .At least  that should be the message these films should  depict .Bhagath singh was a great leader and a martyr..His actions can be justified .because he lived in such an age ...But aping his act in this age can only malign that great leader ,who died for his country !!!

sushdew(a peace loving Indian citizen)

vandemataram

Edited by sushdew - 14 March 2006 at 5:43am

Evathegr8 Senior Member
Evathegr8
Evathegr8

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 4:32am | IP Logged
I toh liked the picture a lot!!! My favorite picture of 2006!
raj_sahil Goldie
raj_sahil
raj_sahil

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Wink
bmbayprncess Groupbie
bmbayprncess
bmbayprncess

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:20am | IP Logged
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH LOONEYTUNES... the movie was absolutely amazing... and hopefully more indian youth think like you.. about the message of the movie.. and the direction that India is headed in..
it has great potential.. if understood.. bbut if it blindly follows teh western culture.. it is going to loose its CHARM!!

thanks.. take care...
jaysp Goldie
jaysp
jaysp

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
I agree with sushdew. I did not like the way the movie ended. In todays day and age there is no need to take up arms and get voilent. This is a wrong message for today's youth. Violence doesnot solve anything. India is the largest democracy and I know that there is lot of corruption and some politicians misuse their power but killing them is not going to put an end to it.
Even during the struggle for independence even though there were some who took up arms there were some like Mahatma Gandhi who achieved the goal of freedom thru non-violence.
heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by loonytunes

Corruption has infiltrated our society to such an extent that all this peace, love etc. don't hold any ground. Democracy is a joke in our country. Half the population isn't educated anough to make the right choice. Just look at our leaders. 90% of them are uneducated people who can't even speak English properly and are simply sitting on the seat to eat money. Do they care what happened to the country? No. Is there any way to get rid of these blood-sucking leeches?

I havent seen the movie but had to comment on this.

I don't have figure about how many of them are educated and how many are not but but if they cant speak English properly doesnt mean that they are ILLETRATE!!! This has bothered me for years! English is not India's national language so Why teh politicians have to be perfect in speaking English?!  WHY are students forced to study English? In some Indian schools, English is compulsory..But Why the heck?! I wud say that looking at this english language trend in India, India is still not free from British Rule! I m not saying that learning a foriegn language isnt a good idea.. I m saying Why this so called "English" has become the identity of a smart person. If a person speaks english then hez on the top of the world OTHERWISE HEZ A DUFFER!. main kehti hoon kya hamari languages ki koyi value nahi rahi iss duniya mein?!

Jub Indian log hi apni language ko apnane se katraate hai...Jinhe apni bhasha bolne se sharam aati hai! Laalat hai uss insann pe!

Edited by heart girl - 18 March 2006 at 7:06pm
sweetlata IF-Rockerz
sweetlata
sweetlata

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Well I think da movie was awesome,lil unrealistic though.But i liked it n I almost fel in love wid Sidharth lol
heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
I noe wat u mean Lt magar aap bhool rahein hain ki English universal language hai to kisi ne banayi hai.. different parts of the world have different spoken languages..Yeh English speakers ki jeet hai ! Maine bhi yeh nahi kaha ki english parna buri baat hai ya faltoo hai magar agar hume apni hi country ke skools mein yeh kaha jayega ki "english speaking is compulsory" then u r not doin any justice I think! Apne hi desh mein apni hi bhasha bolne se mana kiya jaata hai! BtW the last statement wasnt directed at u but at all those ppl who think of hindi and all as extra languages!
I dono but to me it hurts wen they do this in skools!

Go to top