Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

a comment on the film rang de basanthi

sushdew Newbie
sushdew
sushdew

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 5:21am | IP Logged

Hi friends ,

Recently I saw the film "Rang de Basanthi"..hm!!!!Confused  To be very frank it is a film that kept me pondering ...Pondering onthe fact ,why it is said to contain a message for the youth ..Yes, it does have a message ..that is, to take to blood shed when you are at your wit's end !!!!In the story the five (or is it four.Amir cannot defenitely termed as a boy...)are trying to bring Bhagath singh ,the freedom fighter to life.In the process they get so affected by the violent ways of that freedom fighter ,that they cannot differentiate between the reality and the fiction .so what is the ultimate outcome ????Ouch they become Modern day Bhagath singh..!!!that way contaminating the entire good cause for which Bhagath singh stood for ..Cry

During the English rule ,fight for freedom was in the blood  of every Indian .every one chose their own ways to fight .Bhagath singh was fully justified in the way he acted and gave his life bravely for his country .It did awaken some kind of  freedom awareness in dormant indian youth of that time ..that was necessary .because we had to regain our country by "hook or crook"  ,from those odious Britishers..............But..things have changed so much now ..imbibing such violence in Indian youth can only bring forth more violence .There are no more foreigners invading our country or ruling us ..We ourselves are selecting our leaders .So it is the common people  who have to think whether they have to choose a particular person or not . Incase a person proves unworthy of leader ship ,we have every right to topple them through election .Democracy is a system where people can choose their leaders without violence .At least  that should be the message these films should  depict .Bhagath singh was a great leader and a martyr..His actions can be justified .because he lived in such an age ...But aping his act in this age can only malign that great leader ,who died for his country !!!

sushdew(a peace loving Indian citizen)

vandemataram!!!!

Edited by sushdew - 19 March 2006 at 9:32pm

Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 5:33am | IP Logged
hmm
raj_sahil Goldie
raj_sahil
raj_sahil

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Wink
rebelqueen Senior Member
rebelqueen
rebelqueen

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:13am | IP Logged
well..i kind of agree wid u...the film did go overboard wid certain things....the riots-umm...no police opens fire like that on ppl....and also the climax-nobody kills "terrorists" without a trial or something of the kind,the unnecessary comparisions wid the jalianwala bagh massacre and so many other things-the only thing i liked abt the movie is that it's different-it gives the message that youth shud not keep quiet coz they have a lot of strength and all..besides all this aamir looked nything but young--so ya-i was quite surprised by all the hue and cry made over this film....
bruce Groupbie
bruce
bruce

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Your point is very well written. I REALLY liked the movie but I think in the end they contaminated the idea of LABELINg them as Terrorists. Tye concept was very good in a way that our Matyrs liek Bhgatr Singh did it with the OUTSIDERRS what we have to do with our insiders. The end should have been that these three be given some power in their hand slike a Police force. I am a bigtime ALL for Peace and do not agree with killing innocent people, and teh big difference between violence and fight-for-Justice is that in the former case , the victim is the innocent person! It is a very debatable poiunt but I guess teh movie was overall very well directed and the concept was good untill they polluted it inb the end!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top