Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Iqbal Khan to enter Kavyanjali in April

rocker IF-Rockerz
rocker
rocker

My Perfect Valentines Contest

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 4:10am | IP Logged

Khan Vs Khan

Ekta Kapoor's new blue-eyed boy Iqbal Khan pitted against Ejiaz Khan in Kavyanjali

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Iqbal Khan of Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai fame is set to begin his new innings in Ekta Kapoor's favourite show Kavyanjali. Come April and Khan will play the role of Shaurya in the show.  With Ejiaz Khan being busy with Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, Iqbal Khan, a la Shaurya, will now share the mantle of the hero in Kavyanjali.

"Iqbal has a terrific screen presence. When I thought of Shaurya's character in Kavyanjali, I knew that was just apt for him," says Kapoor. Apparently, the entire cast and the crew of Kavyanjali (read female actors) are eagerly awaiting for Khan's royal entry in the show. Shaurya will have a pivotal part to play in the show that already has big names like Eijaz Khan, Anita Hassanandani, Hiten Tejwani and Nandini Singh...

With so many actors, how much scope will Khan have to prove his mettle? "Shaurya's character, when it unfolds on screen, will explain all. Iqbal is not doing a cameo in the show. His is a full-fledged role," informs Kapoor. Apparently, Shaurya will enter Kavya and Anjali's life, when he comes to the former's rescue.

"I came to Mumbai to become an actor. I've gone through days, and months, without work and money," says Iqbal Khan. "I will now be doing two shows and that itself puts a lot of responsibility on me. This doesn't mean that I'm complaining. I'm genuinely excited and looking forward to working in Kavyanjali."

Does he feel threatened about the other Khan's (Ejiaz) presence in the show? "TV isn't like films where an actor can sit at the editing table to chop his co-actor's role. Ejiaz, I believe, is a cool dude and I'm sure working with him should be comfortable," he smiles.

What about his working hours? Has he worked out the details with Ekta Kapoor? "I'll be  required to shoot eight hours for each show, Kavyanjali and Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai.  It isn't  humanly possible to shoot more than that," he says.

Khan reveals that he intends to get married by the end of this year. "I want to build up a stable bank balance first," he says. "My top priority is buying a house. Now with Kavyanjali in my kitty, hopefully that dream will come true too."

Hey!Smile

I think its aint posted in this forum,if yah,then Im sorry anyway..I thot of letting you all crazy fans of Iqbal to know that ur rockstar is gonna rock in kavyanjali fro April nowEmbarrassedSmile

Luv--SammySmile

Vandu4ever IF-Stunnerz
Vandu4ever
Vandu4ever

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 4:14am | IP Logged
it has been posted before!!!!!
anyways thanksssss!!!

rocker IF-Rockerz
rocker
rocker

My Perfect Valentines Contest

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 4:21am | IP Logged