TOI: Replacement was an eyeopener-Priyal

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:14pm | IP Logged

My replacement was an EYE-OPENER 

Telly star Priyal Gor on things close to her heart and more in a chatathon with Ahmedabad Times 

Shruti Jambhekar 

Affable and vivacious thats actor Priyal Gor.She was just 16 when a the young Priyal made the audience take note of her talent with her role in the prime time soap Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi.Although she was later replaced by actor Sara Khan in the soap,Priyal confesses that this has been quite a learning curve in her life.As she puts it,When I was doing Ram Milaayi Jodi,I was kiddish.Now,Ive become mature.
I do understand now certain factors which dont work in your favour in the industry.My replacement in the show was an eyeopener.I realized that being a lead actress doesnt matter.You ought to keep in mind everything happening around and learn from everyone. 
Priyal says,I never paid much attention to dealing with things diplomatically,being careful of biting something back,let alone getting involved in petty politics around.Now I have grown up.I used to cry if the director reprimanded me for having given a bad shot,which I no longer do.I realized I should learn from the mistakes I made during the shoot. 
Priyal was in Ahmedabad recently for promoting her current show Dekha Ek Khwaab.She feels,The only similarity between me and my character Moniya is that both are very upfront. 
Though she has her relatives in Ahmedabad,Priyal has never got a chance to explore the city.And on this trip she confesses,Ive not even told my relatives about this trip because Ill have no time to meet them even. 
Quiz her about her stint in the glam industry and and this bubbly girl shares,When I was a kid,many ad producers had approached my mother.I started modelling for print advertisements and later took up TV commercials when I was 14.My first brush with acting on the small screen happened when I did a cameo for Ishaan.Within 15 days of shooting for that role,I got a call for this Ram Milaayi Jodi. Since then shes never looked back.
After her exit from Ram Milaayi Jodi,Ammaji Ki Gali kept her busy and now shes got her hand full with Dekha Ek Khwaab.That apart,print and commercial advertisements keep Priyal completely occupied.As she puts it,I enjoy doing commercials.But commercials and print ads demand lot of patience unlike soaps.They focus on perfection and not like soaps where an OK shot will do. 
On a personal front,Priyal acts just as a teenager would.I enjoy clubbing,adventure sports,shopping and travelling a lot.Im a big foodie I love sampling Chinese cuisine and junk food.And yes,I dont work out at all and that has made me put on a bit of weight. 
A party animal that she is,her wardrobe is full of party-attires as I and my friends enjoy partying a lot.My current shooting schedule doesnt give me much time to relax.I miss my friends,parents and also miss spending time quality time with them.Currently,Im pursuing studies in arts.Ive my class 12 examination this academic year.I need to take a break from studies for sometime to focus on acting,after my exams are over.I plan to take up a course in acting or fashion designing later. 
Probe her if she has a boyfriend and pat comes the reply,I dont have anyone.Wheres the time for dating and romance On this note,this pretty girl signs off.

Priyal Gor 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

wassup28luvtwilight19sparkling-starjaneniroopafilmyprincesskavmuksWhiteNights.sparikhmoksha89JaiJagannathS.H.I.E.L.D.Ashvikian_AKadventure_gurl*Dakoo_Minzy*ZaYaHolicArhainAshishspicySugar..-Priya01

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Replacement was an eyeopener-Priyal" in Dekha Ek Khwaab forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sparkling-star

sparkling-star

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Thaaanks for sharing. (: 
She seems like a sweet person. 
I know how she feels, I too have changed in this last year. Ermm 
Hope she gains a lot of success from DEK!! 
& Allthebesst Priyal, for your 12grade exams(: 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

filmyprincess

moksha89

IF-Dazzler

moksha89

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
to be so young & have a lead role with older and more experienced actors is kinda stressful.  Nonetheless, I'm glad she's learned & matured over that span of time because it will help her in her future, career & we will see her as moniya/manyata for many many more episodes to come! Smile

best of luck on your exams, priyal!

-Priya01

IF-Stunnerz

-Priya01

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Thxs for sharing Tanu

Priyal is doing as good job as Princess Manyata.  Wish u all the best for the show and your exams.

filmyprincess

WhiteNights.

IF-Dazzler

WhiteNights.

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing. All the best ti her for everything she does in life :)

filmyprincess

ArhainAshish

IF-Sizzlerz

ArhainAshish

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 7:32am | IP Logged
shweeett int thnku

WANT AK'S INTERVIEWWW

uufff hes in danger den ahaha shes singllleee:O

AK I LOVVEEE YOUUU

HOPE UR SINGLLEEE MY HAWTIEPIE:D

filmyprincess

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.